Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Banning Chick-fil-A is not only bigoted -- it’s illegal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Have you ever been to the....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]36046[/ATTACH] ?
    The Dwarf House? But a long time ago.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      The Dwarf House? But a long time ago.
      Apparently, there were several, but this one has a Chick-Fil-A attached!
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Apparently, there were several, but this one has a Chick-Fil-A attached!
        FWIU, it was the original C-F-A.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Now I really want a sandwich. There's a Chik-Fil-A right next to my apartment.

Comment

Originally posted by LeaC View Post
            Now I really want a sandwich. There's a Chik-Fil-A right next to my apartment.
            Lucky dog! We have to drive to the next town over...
            "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

FWIU, it was the original C-F-A.
              That's what I kinda sorta maybe thought possibly it was.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
                Lucky dog! We have to drive to the next town over...
                My wife works 40 miles away from home, but one of the benefits is that there's a Chick-Fil-A right next to her office.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                  They don't have any in Montana ( nobody cares about Montana) but the couple times I've been there I thought it was above-average fast food, with pretty quick lines.
                  Isn't Montana a providence of Canada?
                  Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

They don't have any in Montana ( nobody cares about Montana) but the couple times I've been there I thought it was above-average fast food, with pretty quick lines.

Only Alaska, Hawaii and Vermont don't have Chick-Fil-A.

Chick-fil-A Announces Franchise Owner of First Montana Location

Their service is FAR better, more efficient and friendlier than other fast food restaurants.

Comment

Their service is FAR better, more efficient and friendlier than other fast food restaurants.
                      You get the impression that the people working their actually like their job.

Comment

They picked Kalispell?
                        I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

You get the impression that the people working their actually like their job.
                          Either that, or they have a fabulous training program that teaches them to fake it really good!

Two of our church's college students got college scholarships from their jobs at CFA.

Comment

They picked Kalispell?
                            I spent SO much time in Kalispell when I was a kid! Mom and Dad went camping there all the time. Those were the good old days when you didn't need a passport to cross the border. And the park rangers often let us pass through Glacier without paying. As long as we were just passing through.

They still might do that. Haven't been there for ages.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Either that, or they have a fabulous training program that teaches them to fake it really good!

Two of our church's college students got college scholarships from their jobs at CFA.
                              From the article I cited earlier...

Known throughout the company for his commitment to developing young people, Meadows got his start with Chick-fil-A at the age of 15 when he became a team member at a Chick-fil-A in Macon, Ga. In fact, Meadows was a recipient himself of the Chick-fil-A Leadership Scholarship that has grown to nearly $37.8 million being awarded to nearly 37,800 team members since 1973. Chick-fil-A just announced this month that it will more than double its commitment to restaurant team members with the Remarkable Futures initiative– providing $4.9 million in annual scholarships starting in 2017. Scholarships will be available in three categories, ranging from $2,500 to $25,000, and will be based on leadership, community involvement and academic achievement. Additional details can be found at www.chick-fil-a.com/scholarships.

Comment

… because of the chain’s history of donating to groups with anti-LGBTQ agendas.
                                Good decision and nothing to do with religion.
                                “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                                “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                                “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment