Page 131 of 205 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133141181 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 2042

Thread: Mayor Pete Attacks Trump's Faith...

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Your notation of my opinion is duly noted.
    Your notation of my notation of your opinion is duly noted.
    The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by carpedm9587 View Post
    Your notation of my notation of your opinion is duly noted.
    You can have the last word.
    I have called you my friends.... Jesus
    Jn 15:15

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    One of the things that we apparently can attribute to Buttigieg saying directly (it's an actual quote) is...

"I get that one of the things about Scripture is different people see different things in it," he said. "But, at the very least we should be able to establish that God does not have a political party."

Ironic that the Democrat Party kicked God out some time ago, and in 2012 couldn't even agree to allow Him back in without some chicanery (declaring a "yes" vote where 2/3 vote was required, and the "no" votes were equally as loud, if not louder, than the "yes" votes).

Democrats’ Efforts To Reinsert ‘God’ And ‘Jerusalem’ Into Platform Met With Loud Opposition (VIDEO)

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    One of the things that we apparently can attribute to Buttigieg saying directly (it's an actual quote) is...

"I get that one of the things about Scripture is different people see different things in it," he said. "But, at the very least we should be able to establish that God does not have a political party."

Ironic that the Democrat Party kicked God out some time ago, and in 2012 couldn't even agree to allow Him back in without some chicanery (declaring a "yes" vote where 2/3 vote was required, and the "no" votes were equally as loud, if not louder, than the "yes" votes).

Democrats’ Efforts To Reinsert ‘God’ And ‘Jerusalem’ Into Platform Met With Loud Opposition (VIDEO)
    Also ironic that his 'God that doesn't have a party' presumably wants all His good children to vote Democrat, or more specifically Buttigieg. If he really thought God didn't have a party, he wouldn't be making a deal out of his religiousity.
    ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tassman View Post
    Buttigieg often speaks of his faith and his involvement with the Episcopal Church and there have been many links in this thread to that effect including:

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/04/23/p...rty/index.html

"It can be challenging to be a person of faith who's also part of the LGBTQ community and yet, to me, the core of faith is regard for one another," Buttigieg said. "And part of God's love is experienced, according to my faith tradition, is in the way that we support one another and, in particular, support the least among us."
    Sounds like what a semi-agnostic theist could say. Where does he ever proclaim that he is a Christian? Generally those of us who are Christian are quite open about it and take nearly any opportunity to proclaim our faith. IOW, you don't have to parse language and words from dozens of different statements to cobble up something that maybe, could be, possibly, is something sorta kinda like a statement of faith.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxVel View Post
    Also ironic that his 'God that doesn't have a party' presumably wants all His good children to vote Democrat, or more specifically Buttigieg. If he really thought God didn't have a party, he wouldn't be making a deal out of his religiousity.
    Or, attacking Pence and Trump for theirs!

7. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    You can have the last word.
    No - you can have the last word...
    The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

I don't know the history here, but if the Democrats did indeed "kick god out of their party platform," I applaud them. I think U.S., politics should be silent on the question of god - making those politics inclusive to all Americans and making them consistent with the spirit of our constitution. I don't think the Democrats (or any political party) should explicitly call out god, nor do I think they should explicitly make statements about god's non-existence. They should simply be silent and focus on the political/social issues facing our country.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by carpedm9587 View Post
    No - you can have the last word...
    Antidisestablishmentarianism

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Antidisestablishmentarianism
    Zyzzyva