Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Mayor Pete Attacks Trump's Faith...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by guacamole View Post
    It might sting a little, but I have some drops for that.
    You don't seem to get the "log in your eye" thing. Your offer would only work on people who condemn Trump but excuse themselves.

Comment

If anyone wants me to help them get the Donald J. Trump sized beam out of their eyes, then I'll go grab my vice grip right quick.
      You think for a second we are not aware of his moral failings?
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        You don't seem to get the "log in your eye" thing. Your offer would only work on people who condemn Trump but excuse themselves.
        Or people who condemn only the failings of the other political party.
        "Down in the lowlands, where the water is deep,
        Hear my cry, hear my shout,
        Save me, save me"

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
          You think for a second we are not aware of his moral failings?
          I know you're aware of them. That you give them a gratuitous pass while taking issue with Buttigieg is somewhat problematic.
          Save me, save me"

Comment

Or people who condemn only the failings of the other political party.
            well there you have a point.

Comment

I know you're aware of them. That you give them a gratuitous pass while taking issue with Buttigieg is somewhat problematic.
              I'm pointing to his hypocrisy...
              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Has Trump attacked Buttigeg's Christianity? That's kinda the issue here.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  Has Trump attacked Buttigeg's Christianity? That's kinda the issue here.
                  I thought the issue was the homosexuality.
                  Save me, save me"

Comment

More like Buttigieg's willingness to "reluctant[ly]" comment on Trump's faith based on his actions while openly engaging in behavior that isn't exactly Christian.

It's a pot calling the kettle black situation.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Here's his quote again...

“I’m reluctant to comment on another person’s faith, but I would say it is hard to look at this president’s actions and believe that they’re the actions of somebody who believes in God,” Buttigieg said.

A) He claims he's reluctant to comment on another person's faith, then he charges full speed ahead.
                      2) He's a sexual deviant in open defiance of God, while sitting in judgment of another person's morality.
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I suppose I'd edit Buttigieg to read:

I’m reluctant to comment on another person’s faith, but I would say it is hard to look at this president’s actions and believe that they’re the actions of somebody who believes in [the Christian] God.

If the issue is that we are taking issue with his homosexuality and his proposed judgement then:

Fun fact A: He might be a hypocrite.
                        Fun fact 2: There are a lot of conservative Christians who feel the same way.
                        Save me, save me"

Comment

Serious fact D: He is living in open rebellion to God.
                          Serious fact IV: I pray for Trump every single day.
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I suppose I'd edit Buttigieg to read:

I’m reluctant to comment on another person’s faith, but I would say it is hard to look at this president’s actions and believe that they’re the actions of somebody who believes in [the Christian] God.

If the issue is that we are taking issue with his homosexuality and his proposed judgement then:

At least you're doing your listing correctly

Comment

Buttigieg to Pence: 'If you got a problem with who I am, your problem is not with me -- your quarrel, sir, is with my creator'

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/08/polit...nce/index.html

So if I follow this logic we should blame the rapist and pedophile on God, since he created them that way...

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                                Buttigieg to Pence: 'If you got a problem with who I am, your problem is not with me -- your quarrel, sir, is with my creator'

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/08/polit...nce/index.html

So if I follow this logic we should blame the rapist and pedophile on God, since he created them that way...
                                Everyone has their own cross[es] to bear but we should endeavor to resist temptation.

As a frail, sinful human I often don't do nearly as well as I would like

Comment