Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Mayor Pete Attacks Trump's Faith...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    You have been so CONSISTENTLY wrong
    So, was R. Albert Mohler, Jr., President THE SOUTHERN BAPTIST THEOLOGICAL SEMINARY “wrong” also? Because I've said no more than he’s been saying?

Again:

“Our relationship to African-Americans has been hindered from the beginning by the role that slavery played in the formation of the Southern Baptist Convention; many of our Southern Baptist forbears defended the right to own slaves, and either participated in, supported, or acquiesced in the particularly inhumane nature of American slavery; and in later years Southern Baptists failed, in many cases, to support, and in some cases opposed, legitimate initiatives to secure the civil rights of African-Americans".

http://www.sbts.edu/wp-content/uploa...-v4.pdf#page=6
    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      He's started and managed hundreds of businesses. Out of those hundreds, he only declared bankruptcy on six of them. That's actually a pretty darn good track record.
      You delude yourself. “75% of CEOs Apologize for Trump to Their International Business Partners, Survey Finds.”

https://fortune.com/2018/12/18/busin...ize-for-trump/

He’s an embarrassment to his fellow business leaders and to International politics. "it is astounding that the nation’s first business-leader president is so condemned by the nation’s top business leaders due to Trump’s dysfunctional negotiating style, with 88% of them stating that his negotiating style has alienated our allies,”

A for his wealth, go take a peek at his publicly available financial disclosure forms. They're legal documents, so he can't lie on them.
      So, why does he refuse to relieve his tax returns, what’s he hiding?

He has a business degree.
      He has a business degree of sorts, from Wharton (not as impressive as Buttigieg’s degrees from Oxford University and Harvard University…two of the world’s top universities).

Furthermore, “Michael Cohen revealed that, under the direction of President Trump, he had sent letters to Trump’s high schools, colleges and the College Board (creator of the SAT), threatening them with legal action and jail time if they ever released Trump’s academic records”.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/christo.../#11677673764b

Again, what’s he hiding?

No it wasn't. And he's written far more than that.

https://www.goodreads.com/author/lis...Donald_J_Trump
      The Art of the Deal was written by ghostwriter Tony Schwartz. Trump made a practice of hiring ghostwriters and co-authors to write his books. Of course, he did. He is illiterate.

Nope. He's been the subjective of countless positive news stories for decades, long before FOX News even existed.
      He’s long been a joke.

You got me there.

But when you consider that Bill Clinton played the saxophone, and he was a mostly terrible president, it's pretty safe to say that "musician" is not a particularly important qualification for the office of US President.
      So, you're saying that the ability to play a musical instrument, even to concert-level standard like Buttigieg, is an indication that one cannot be a good president?

“He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• For whatever reason, CNN has decided to rehash the "Buttigieg found God" issue.

How Pete Buttigieg found God

What is sounds like is that Pete found "religion".
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
          He is illiterate.
          Do you have evidence for this claim?
          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

• Episcopal Priest Forced To Resign After Revealing He Believes In God

PETERBOROUGH, NH—In a major scandal, Episcopal priest Frederick Willumsberth was forced to resign from his position after confessing to believing in a “higher power” in a statement released Friday.

The shocking revelation came after months of rumors, as church members claimed they had seen Willumsberth praying, reading his Bible, and occasionally referencing “the Man upstairs” in casual conversation. Finally, the longtime priest could no longer deny the allegations, leading to his public statement and apology to his congregation, along with his resignation.

“This is a major blow to our church body,” one parishioner said in an interview. “If we can’t trust our priests to doubt everything the Bible says and question the very existence of God, who can we trust?”

Other congregants called the news “disturbing,” stating that they had heard of church scandals before, but never thought a theistic priest would come to prey upon their very own congregation. “We always thought it was something that could happen to other churches, but not ours,” said one long-standing member of the church.

At publishing time, the disgraced clergyman had further confirmed he believes the Bible to be the Word of God, leading to a full-blown investigation by Episcopal authorities to see how far the corruption has reached.

https://babylonbee.com/news/episcopa...elieves-in-god

Comment

• Poor Pete -- he has gone back into obscurity.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Poor Pete -- he has gone back into obscurity.
                How else do you think he should have handled losing to the Democrat front-runners? Wouldn't you have ended up mocking him if he tried to stay in the news cycle despite that loss?

Comment

• Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
                  How else do you think he should have handled losing to the Democrat front-runners? Wouldn't you have ended up mocking him if he tried to stay in the news cycle despite that loss?
                  Just an observation. I didn't realize that I had totally forgotten all about him. He was "the rising star" of the Democratic party. He was the "secret weapon" to "reclaim God" for the Democrats.

Comment

Just an observation. I didn't realize that I had totally forgotten all about him. He was "the rising star" of the Democratic party. He was the "secret weapon" to "reclaim God" for the Democrats.
                    Ok, fair enough. Your post sounded a little mean-spirited, which is why I reacted the way I did.

Yes, he faded away pretty dramatically. So did a bunch of other Democrat stars, like Harris & Booker. For myself, I expect that any one of these three will reappear within the next three or four election cycles.

Comment

Ok, fair enough. Your post sounded a little mean-spirited, which is why I reacted the way I did.
                      I'm a pretty balanced guy - even when I'm dealing with my buddy, JimL, I know I can sound harsh, but it's more "dismissive". I don't get rattled easily, and I very rarely post angry.

Yes, he faded away pretty dramatically. So did a bunch of other Democrat stars, like Harris & Booker. For myself, I expect that any one of these three will reappear within the next three or four election cycles.
                      I singled Pete out because the media was (were? I can never get that right) gushing about how wonderful it was to have a "religious man" on the left. His "religion" was far more inline with what the media thought religion should be.

Comment

On occasion, I've seen Harris and Booker in the news. Harris is some people's favorite to be Biden's VP. (Personally, I think her background as a DA and Attorney General makes her untouchable in the current Democratic party.)

Like CP, I haven't seen anything about Mayor Pete since he dropped out of the race. I have doubts he'll reappear.
                        "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

• Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post
                          On occasion, I've seen Harris and Booker in the news. Harris is some people's favorite to be Biden's VP. (Personally, I think her background as a DA and Attorney General makes her untouchable in the current Democratic party.)

Like CP, I haven't seen anything about Mayor Pete since he dropped out of the race. I have doubts he'll reappear.
                          Yeah, I think the MSM had pegged him for the "solution" to the Democrat's obvious God Problem. Failing that, they've moved on.

Pete's only value to the liberals was that he was a nice gay man who was "the right kind of Christian". Nobody touted his profound managerial skills or accomplishments.

Comment

Yeah, I think the MSM had pegged him for the "solution" to the Democrat's obvious God Problem. Failing that, they've moved on.

Pete's only value to the liberals was that he was a nice gay man who was "the right kind of Christian". Nobody touted his profound managerial skills or accomplishments.
                            As I recall, he had issues with the African-American community in his city. In today's environment, it's no wonder he's disappeared.
                            "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

I've seen Buttigieg twice so far, though not as often as Harris or Booker - both of whom work in congress rather than as a mayor.

I don't mean to be argumentative. Whether Buttigieg reappears or not is wholly open to speculation in either direction.

Comment

As I recall, he had issues with the African-American community in his city. In today's environment, it's no wonder he's disappeared.
                                I forgot about that. I just remembered how the media held him up as "the right kind of Christian". and how the liberals here defended his "Christianity".

Comment