Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Mayor Pete Attacks Trump's Faith...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    As I understand it, we need to meet at least annually to comply with (secular) regulations; we need to have at least a treasurer, trustee, secretary, and auditor. We also always have 2 people (not one of those 4 positions) to count the offering, for accountability.
    Yup - sounds like 501(c)(3) compliance, and good sound judgment. When I first came to this post, the finance secretary's husband was on the fiance committee --- I suggested we find some other place for him to serve.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• This would be the perfect time for Tassman to slink away.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        This would be the perfect time for Tassman to slink away.
        And take his smarter brother with him?
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

You claimed that he, himself, claimed to be a "practicing Christian". It doesn't matter HOW that is defined - he appears to have never said it.
          But it seems that by all accounts Buttigieg IS a practicing Christian so what’s your point?

Do you not have ANY decency at ALL?

Got a mirror?
          “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Yup - sounds like 501(c)(3) compliance, and good sound judgment. When I first came to this post, the finance secretary's husband was on the fiance committee --- I suggested we find some other place for him to serve.
            You have a fiance committee?
            1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
            ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
            Scripture before Tradition:
            but that won't prevent others from
            taking it upon themselves to deprive you
            of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
              But it seems that by all accounts Buttigieg IS a practicing Christian so what’s your point?
              Except his own account apparently. Which you said he claimed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                A) No, it does NOT seem by all accounts that Buttigieg is a practicing Christian
                2) Your claim was that Buttigieg himself claimed he was, and there's no proof of that
                C) Your word is garbage

Comment

• Originally posted by tabibito View Post
                  We do, and I never handle church money, and I prefer not to know who gives what in the way of finances.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                    Except his own account apparently. Which you said he claimed.
                    Tass is great at making false statements, and falsely accusing others. That's what he does.

Comment

We do, and I never handle church money, and I prefer not to know who gives what in the way of finances.
                      Excellent dodge, sir.
                      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                      sigpic
                      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                        Excellent dodge, sir.
                        I thought he had a Plymouth

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          I thought he had a Plymouth
                          That's probably the only (US) make I've never owned.

Comment

• Originally posted by tabibito View Post
                            Yup - this slipped by me.

Comment

That's probably the only (US) make I've never owned.
                              You owned an AMC?

I've owned only a few foreign cars: a Mitsubishi, Datsun 240Z[1] (now called Nissan) and a Volkswagen. And now I just got a Lexus 300 ES at the start of the month.

1. That's the car I had in which I drove the fastest I ever have done. 134 mph on Mars Hill Road and 137 on 285 (a.k.a. 'The Perimeter').

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                                You owned an AMC?

I've owned only a few foreign cars: a Mitsubishi, Datsun 240Z[1] (now called Nissan) and a Volkswagen.

1. That's the car I had in which I drove the fastest I ever have done. 134 mph on Mars Hill Road and 137 on 285 (a.k.a. 'The Perimeter').
                                I take it back - I had, for a very brief time, a Plymouth Roadrunner. It kept getting me in trouble.

Comment