Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Mayor Pete Attacks Trump's Faith...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    That's his own personal testimony, Tassman. He has made that claim himself. It's not just something the media or the left or the right cooked up about him, and he is very public about it. There is no disagreement about that whatsoever.
    A) He claims to be gay, and proud of it.
    2) He is openly living with a man, proving it's not just talk.
    Case closed

PS.... and it's not "was", but "is", obviously.

Correct -- I have my doubts, but I can't know that he is NOT a Christian. I'm fairly certain, based on what I know thus far, that he is not a "practicing" Christian, but I'm still open to be shown otherwise.
    Hence, according to your notion of Christianity Buttigieg cannot be a REAL Christian as an acknowledged practicing homosexual. So why play the dishonest game that you’re “willing to be shown otherwise? You clearly are not.
    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
      The Church of England (in the UK) has two archbishops...Canterbury and York..and a regional bishop in every diocese which owes allegiance to either of the two archbishops. This is the model for the Anglican Communion worldwide, including the Episcopal Church, except that in the US the senior bishop is known as the Presiding Bishop not Archbishop, but it's essentially the same role.
      That's what I thought too until my Bishop corrected me.
      I am Punkinhead.

"I have missed you, Oh Grand High Priestess of the Order of the Stirring Pot"

~ Cow Poke aka CP aka Creacher aka ke7ejx's apprentice....

Comment

• Originally posted by ke7ejx View Post
        That's what I thought too until my Bishop corrected me.
        What part was corrected by your Bishop? Perhaps you are a member of the the Anglican Church in America, which is a Continuing Anglican church body, separate from the Episcopal Church in USA.
        “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Hence, according to your notion of Christianity Buttigieg cannot be a REAL Christian as an acknowledged practicing homosexual.
          What a doofus. He still has the option to repent, and there can be other factors involved. His Salvation and Christianity are not dependent upon his sexual orientation, so I'm asking about his own statements concerning his faith.

So why play the dishonest game
          Wow..... says the anti-Christian drama queen who constantly makes false accusations, false claims, fails to support the crap he claims, says stupid things, then denies saying them....

that you’re “willing to be shown otherwise? You clearly are not.
          I have been searching the web almost DAILY for any claim or statement by Buttigieg that could be put in the "plus" side of the argument that he is - by your own statement - a "practicing Christian", then coming up with your very own definition of that that entails.... Tass - you're like the absolute WORST debater I've ever encountered. You make the Mormons look like GENIUSES!!! Heck, you're starting to make JimL look smart!

Being unable to find support of his claim is NOT the same as being unwilling to be shown. I have asked repeatedly - you have failed miserably.

Perhaps this is your final admission that you can't find a single thing from Buttigieg himself stating ANYTHING that supports your claim that he's a "practicing Christian".
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

What part was corrected by your Bishop? Perhaps you are a member of the the Anglican Church in America, which is a Continuing Anglican church body, separate from the Episcopal Church in USA.
            Hi, Tass. I'm definitely TEC though I usually describe myself as an Anglican (more conservative, Postulant in the Anglican Order of Preachers, etc.) I was corrected because a bunch of us went to grab dinner and our server mentioned he was briefly a seminarian and said something about some Archbishop that was kind to him. I asked the gentlemen if he was Episcopalian or Catholic. He responded he was definitely Catholic to which my Bishop turned to me and explained we don't have Archbishops in the Episcopal Church. A learning experience for me. I did recall that the Church of England has an Archbishop but the Episcopal Church is a separate entity in the Anglican Communion.
            I am Punkinhead.

"I have missed you, Oh Grand High Priestess of the Order of the Stirring Pot"

~ Cow Poke aka CP aka Creacher aka ke7ejx's apprentice....

Comment

Hey -- I need some free bible correspondence curriculum for a prisoner in an adjacent county - whatcha got?
              Sorry, but that's not something we do....believe it or not. Though we highly encourage it, we don't really recommend anything specific.
              "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

• Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
                Sorry, but that's not something we do....believe it or not. Though we highly encourage it, we don't really recommend anything specific.
                Gotcha - I found something from a Prison Ministry outfit, and their website has a pretty decent statement of faith, so I'll check them out a bit further.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by ke7ejx View Post
                  Hi, Tass. I'm definitely TEC though I usually describe myself as an Anglican (more conservative, Postulant in the Anglican Order of Preachers, etc.) I was corrected because a bunch of us went to grab dinner and our server mentioned he was briefly a seminarian and said something about some Archbishop that was kind to him. I asked the gentlemen if he was Episcopalian or Catholic. He responded he was definitely Catholic to which my Bishop turned to me and explained we don't have Archbishops in the Episcopal Church. A learning experience for me. I did recall that the Church of England has an Archbishop but the Episcopal Church is a separate entity in the Anglican Communion.
                  Well, that's true. In the Episcopalian Church the equivalent to an Archbishop is known as a Presiding Bishop. The Anglican Communion elsewhere, including my home country Australia, has Archbishops whose job it is to run a Province and lesser bishops under him in charge of the dioceses withing each Province.

Comment

Perhaps this is your final admission that you can't find a single thing from Buttigieg himself stating ANYTHING that supports your claim that he's a "practicing Christian".
                    You will never find anything to convince you of what is obvious to anyone other than Evangelical bigots, that Buttigieg is a committed Christian.

Comment

You will never find anything to convince you of what is obvious to anyone other than Evangelical bigots, that Buttigieg is a committed Christian.
                      You're so amusing when you go all drama queen.

My turn.

[Tazzymode] Well, what's extremely obvious is that you (drama queen underline italics) are completely incapable (more drama queen underline italics) of backing up anything (still more drama queen underline italics) you say! [/Tazzymode]
                      • There is NO evidence from his own mouth that he's a committed Christian.
                      • His parents didn't go to Church.
                      • He doesn't claim to attend Church.
                      • He has a very low view of the Bible, only quoting the verses that support his liberation theology view.
                      • He has a very low view of prayer.
                      • His own brother-in-law claims this his "faith" is all a ruse for political purposes.
                      • He only claimed to be "more-or-less" Anglican.
                      • He has chosen a lifestyle in direct opposition to the Bible.
                      • He is advocating for abortion with NO limits.
                      • There is NO statement from him professing Christ as Savior.
                      • He doesn't appear to "practice" ANYTHING that a "practicing Christian" would practice.

And, on top of that, he has the stamp of approval of Tweb's most hate-filled anti-Christian bigot, which is yet another strike against him.

Now, your turn. Pitch a little hissy, and do your little kabuki dance.

To anybody else reading this --

A) it's entirely possible that Buttigieg, at some point in his life, had made a commitment to Christ, but I can't find any evidence of it. And I certainly can't prove a negative.
                      2) it's entirely possible that Buttigieg could, at some point, repent of his sinful lifestyle and return to Christ (if he ever was a Christian to begin with).
                      C) the above is HIGHLY unlikely because he is staking his entire political future on being the "right kind of Christian" to the extreme leftist wackos.
                      D) the fact that ATHEIST anti-Christian bigot Tassman so vigorously defends his "Christianity" should speak to... well.... I'll leave it at that.

Comment

Seriously, If I were to find ANY statement from Buttigieg's own mouth claiming that he was a "practicing Christian" or "confessed/confesses Christ" or acknowledged Jesus as Lord or Savior or Lord and Savior or..... ANYTHING, I'd have to acknowledge that that's what I've been asking for.

That's what I have CONSISTENTLY been asking for. Instead, all I get is third party claims from leftist websites or CNN's go-to liberal priest, and Tassman constantly changing his claim, denying he made any such claim, changing the terms, accusing me of lies, falsely accusing me.....

So, I'll let you have the last word*, Tassman. Make it good. Build up a good head of steam, and let'r rip!!!!

*in a carpeien sort of way, of course

Comment

• And, this just in ... Absolutely TOTALLY shocking!!!!

A Major LGBT Political Group Is Set To Endorse Pete Buttigieg For President

Who would have EVER guessed that!

And, who is the President of Victory Fund? None other than former Mayor Annise Parker, who was embroiled in controversy over issuing subpoenas to Houston area Pastors for “all speeches, presentations, or sermons related to HERO, the Petition, Mayor Annise Parker, homosexuality, or gender identity prepared by, delivered by, revised by, or approved by you or in your possession.”

Comment

There are Christians other than Evangelicals who think living in a homosexual relationship is at odds with being a committed Christian. As a Confessional Lutheran I'm one of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
                              There are Christians other than Evangelicals who think living in a homosexual relationship is at odds with being a committed Christian. As a Confessional Lutheran I'm one of them.
                              Indeed, there are, but Buttigieg is not one of them. He believes that one can be a committed Christian and a practicing homosexual. And his views reflect majority opinion within US Christianity according to the statistics.

Comment

Indeed, there are, but Buttigieg is not one of them. He believes that one can be a committed Christian and a practicing homosexual. And his views reflect majority opinion within US Christianity according to the statistics.
                                Of course, one wonders how many of those Christians who hold that opinion are actually committed believers themselves. I would think the statistics would look considerably different if it was possible to remove all of the non-committal, "name-only" Christians from the statistics.

Comment