Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Mayor Pete Attacks Trump's Faith...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
    “I think it’s unfortunate [the Democratic Party] has lost touch with a religious tradition that I think can help explain and relate our values,” the Navy veteran said. “At least in my interpretation, it helps to root [in religion] a lot of what it is we do believe in when it comes to protecting the sick and the stranger and the poor, as well as skepticism of the wealthy and the powerful and the established.”

https://www.mediaite.com/trump/mayor...lieves-in-god/
    Matthew 7:21-23
    Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

He also clearly rejects what the Bible has to say about homosexuality. It's one of the few sins the Bible calls an abomination.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Prediction -- more Tassmanian dramaqueenery on the way....
      And, as predicted, here it comes....

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
      This is what you choose to believe in your usual judgmental way;
      You NEVER produced a single evidence that Buttigieg interprets scripture at all regarding his choice of lifestyle - he obviously just totally ignores it.

he obviously doesn't think so.
      You've become an expert on what gay men think, have ya?

But then, you always manage to attribute the most negative possible motives to others?
      More dramaqueenery.

No. You’re forgetting. What I’ve been claiming (since #110 ff), is that there’s often a conflict of scriptural interpretation between different Christians. This was my argument, NOT the irrelevant distraction about being a “practicing Christian”.
      It's right there in black and white, your majesty....

YOUR claims....
      Buttigieg claims he’s a Christian...
      I could ot care less whether or not Buttigieg is a “practicing Christian”. But he claims to be...
      What I’ve been arguing about is Buttigieg’s belief that he is a “practicing Christian”
      ...Buttigieg claims to be a “practicing Christian”...

...He says he is a Christian

OPB lowers the bar, and ALL he's asking is...
      Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
      ...What we're looking for here is proof - from Buttigieg's mouth - that he is a practicing Christian (yes, "practicing Episcopalian" would meet that).

A simple quote from Buttigieg to back up your claims that HE claims he's a practicing Christian.

Prediction -- even MORE Tassmanian dramaqueenery on the way with false accusations, diversions, insults, but ZERO quotes from Buttigieg claiming that he's even a "practicing Episcopalian"....
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

You NEVER produced a single evidence that Buttigieg interprets scripture at all regarding his choice of lifestyle - he obviously just totally ignores it.

More dramaqueenery.

YOUR claims....

[B]A simple quote from Buttigieg to back up your claims that HE claims he's a practicing Christian.

Prediction -- even MORE Tassmanian dramaqueenery on the way with false accusations, diversions, insults, but ZERO quotes from Buttigieg claiming that he's even a "practicing Episcopalian"....
        He already gave it to you. He said that he believes in god and that he is a member of the Episcopalian church. That means he's a christian. Give it up Pastor.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
          He already gave it to you. He said that he believes in god and that he is a member of the Episcopalian church. That means he's a christian. Give it up Pastor.
          Ah, how interesting that the court jester would bumble along in an effort to save Tassman, when you yourself said...

Originally posted by JimL View Post
          Okay, show me the actual quote made by the presiding Bishop herself, not someone elses testimony of what she said.
          I'm asking for the actual quote, which he has NOT provided -- not Tassman's incredibly prejudiced 'testimony' of what he said.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
            He said that he believes in god and that he is a member of the Episcopalian church. That means he's a christian.
            Oh, right, I forget about the passage of scripture where it says, "If you believe in God and are a member of the Espisopalian church, you shall be saved."
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Sure thing. If I claim to be a wedge-tailed-eagle, that makes me a wedge-tailed-eagle.
              1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
              ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
              Scripture before Tradition:
              but that won't prevent others from
              taking it upon themselves to deprive you
              of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                Oh, right, I forget about the passage of scripture where it says, "If you believe in God and are a member of the Espisopalian church, you shall be saved."
                Besides that, we don't know if Buttigieg even ever joined - or if he still attends. There appears to be no evidence that he's a "practicing Christian".

Comment

• Originally posted by tabibito View Post
                  Sure thing. If I claim to be a wedge-tailed-eagle, that makes me a wedge-tailed-eagle.
                  I've suspected all along.

Comment

If that's what you self-identify as, who are we to gainsay you?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Chadwick Moore is a gay writer who has recently 'come out' as a conservative after being blasted following a profile he wrote about Yiannopoulos, who is a gay blogger for Breitbart.

Gay Journalist Leaves The Left Behind And Embraces A 'Brand New Conservative'

Moore tells NPR's Steve Inskeep that the personal attacks — including being shunned by his liberal friends — caused him to lose respect for the left.

He says people like him are "part of a brand new conservative."

"We were born in the Democratic Party, somebody set our house on fire, we went running out, and the right has been so welcoming to people like me and there's so many of us," he says.

Anyway, Moore has an interesting perspective on Buttigieg...

The Buttigieg delusion

WARNING - PROFANITY in linked article

The media is having a more difficult time being as upfront about its love affair with immutable human traits. Take Mayor Pete Buttigieg. When Buttigieg appeared on MSNBC earlier this month, shortly after being featured on the covers of TIME and New York magazines, host Donny Deutsch (apparently his real name) might as well have conducted the interview with a pillow under his knees.

‘You have had a stunning, stunning beginning to your campaign, the press is nonstop,’ he gushed. ‘Your resume – Harvard grad, vet, traditional in an untraditional way, religious, Rhodes scholar, you bring out hope and the better angels in all of us. When I read about you, I think, I’m not doing so good in my life. I can do better.’

That stunning act of submission shouldn’t surprise anyone. The media created Mayor Pete. He’s their excruciatingly non-threatening, focus group tested, snub-nosed, gay Frankenstein and they work overtime to pump life into him until the next shiny thing comes along and poor Pete goes the way of the Beto-bird. Sure, Pete comes off as charismatic and level-headed until one gets the impression he has no idea what he’s doing, or what he believes. But that won’t stop the media from gaslighting the American people to believe there is some reason other than his homosexuality that we would and should know Mayor Pete’s name. Reality check: there absolutely is not.

Imagine a 37-year-old straight, white, male, Christian whose only political experience is the failed mayor of a small, violent, impoverished Midwestern city being transformed like Cinderella into a media darling. Such a person wouldn’t even enter the race. In the age of identity politics, he’d be laughed and mocked into oblivion, if not chased down the street by a torch-wielding mob of green-haired feminists.

Although he appears to be polling decently in some Midwestern states, those numbers are dropping and a Buttigieg nomination is, at least as it stands right now, a multi-pronged delusion. When you look at the various victim groups the Left depends on for votes, the dark secret is many don’t like each other very much. It’s the role of puppet masters like Nancy Pelosi to keep everyone playing nice, but that doesn’t necessary motivate all the Special Victim Clubs out to the polls.

Are the Muslims going to vote for Mayor Pete? Gays don’t even like him all that much. He comes off as Gay In Name Only, or a GINO if you will. He and his ice cream-guzzling, house-hen husband Chasten don’t seem to have any knowledge of gay culture or to have experienced anything that the rest of us did who came out of the closet before our thirties. One thing I’d like to know is, why hasn’t any reporter asked Mayor Pete who his favorite RuPaul’s Drag Race contestant is?

But Pete’s biggest issue is with black voters. The Democrats cannot win an election unless blacks are motivated to get out and vote for them. Pete is currently polling at zero percent among blacks in South Carolina, the third state after (very white) Iowa and (equally white) New Hampshire that will hold a primary. And that’s where Pete’s campaign ends.

Mayor Pete’s aware of this. This month, he climbed aboard the Pandering Express. He sat down for a photo op with Al Sharpton where he dined on, wait for it, fried chicken. At least unlike fellow contender Kirsten Gillibrand, who did the same with a group of black business leaders, he didn’t use a knife and fork and also, like Gillibrand, he hasn’t yet summoned his inner fiery black minister when addressing a black crowd. Perhaps we will learn soon if husband Chasten carries around hot sauce in his Pokémon-themed fanny-pack.

Comment

More dramaqueenery.

YOUR claims....

A simple quote from Buttigieg to back up your claims that HE claims he's a practicing Christian.

And you accuse me of being a drama queen. You’re a card CP.

Buttigieg has referenced, many times, the Episcopal Church as a source of faith and his local Episcopal church as his “faith home” ...as linked several times. It’s clear that the faith community to which he belongs is important to him.

All you’ve been doing, with your usual uncompromising demand for conformity to your Christian values, is question the commitment of another Christian, i.e. Buttigieg because it doesn’t conform to what you, as an Evangelical, consider essential to be a “real practicing Christian”.

In short, all you’ve been doing throughout is stamp your little foot and assert that you are right and Buttigieg is wrong. So there! I.e. not an argument at all, merely an assertion based upon your own requirements to be a “practicing Christian”.
                        “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

If you “claim to be a wedge-tailed-eagle” you are delusional. Are you suggesting that Buttigieg is delusional?
                          “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Besides that, we don't know if Buttigieg even ever joined - or if he still attends. There appears to be no evidence that he's a "practicing Christian".
                            We don't know that you're a practicing christian either. As a matter of fact, you spend so much time on tweb, I often wonder too, if you're actually a pastor.
                            Last edited by JimL; 05-27-2019, 02:20 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                              If you “claim to be a wedge-tailed-eagle” you are delusional. Are you suggesting that Buttigieg is delusional?
                              Some who claim to be Christian are self deluded, but I can't decide whether Buttigieg is delusional or simply flying false colours.

Oh - and what did you just imply with regard to people who self identify as a gender that doesn't match their DNA profiles? (Noting that this applies to your comment about Buttigieg as much as to someone who self-identifies as a wedge-tailed-eagle.)
                              1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                              ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                              Scripture before Tradition:
                              but that won't prevent others from
                              taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                              of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

We don't know that you're a practicing christian either.
                                I do, and you can actually find quotes of me claiming to be. The same cannot be said for Buttigieg.

How bout you ask Tassman to back up his claim, Jimmy. Maybe he'll listen to you.

And let's use the standard you used here:

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                                Okay, show me the actual quote made by the presiding Bishop herself, not someone elses testimony of what she said.
                                We'd need the actual quote made by Buttigieg himself, not Tassman's 'testimony' of what he said.

Comment