Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Mayor Pete Attacks Trump's Faith...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
    There are many christians who believe differently about the teachings as elicited in the bible, but so long as they believe in Jesus as god and savior, they are christians, CP.
    Well you told me you believe in the Golden Rule, and said you believe Jesus existed in some way or another, so I guess that makes you a Christian too.

and you haven't shown that Buttigeig does consider Jesus as his God and Savior. He doesn't seem to listen to what his God and Savior tells him about homosexuality or abortion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      Well you told me you believe in the Golden Rule, and said you believe Jesus existed in some way or another, so I guess that makes you a Christian too.
      That reading comprehension problem of yours keeps showing itself, Sparko. Neither of the above makes you a christian, nor did I say that it did. But believing Jesus is god and savior does. Do you understand the difference now?
      and you haven't shown that Buttigeig does consider Jesus as his God and Savior. He doesn't seem to listen to what his God and Savior tells him about homosexuality or abortion.
      I don't have to, he says he is a christian and that is what a christian believes even should they disagree with each other on much else.

Comment

That reading comprehension problem of yours keeps showing itself, Sparko. Neither of the above makes you a christian, nor did I say that it did. But believing Jesus is god and savior does. Do you understand the difference now?

I don't have to, he says he is a christian and that is what a christian believes even should they disagree with each other on much else.
        There is the small matter of mistakenly believing that a false-Christ is the real-Christ that needs to be considered.
        1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
        ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
        Scripture before Tradition:
        but that won't prevent others from
        taking it upon themselves to deprive you
        of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Nope, not a circular argument at all!

Do you make an effort to make your arguments this stupid? Or does it come naturally?

Comment

This is interesting. There are a number of people who are self-proclaimed Christians like John Shelby Spong, Robert Funk, Lloyd Geering, and John Dominic Crossan who do not believe in God. In the past on this forum, Christians have been told by skeptics that a Christian is merely anyone who claims they are one (regardless of what they believe). Do you not agree with this? Do you believe that there are certain prerequisites to one calling oneself a Christian? Would you not consider Crossan or Spong Christians?

Comment

A) Tassman's claim was that Buttigieg is a "practicing Christian".
              2) Can you provide a cite where Buttigieg actually claims, himself, to be a Christian, without a whole bunch of assumin' goin' on?

On his official website, for example, where does he ever mention Christian, God, Jesus, faith, or Christianity?

Lemme help you....
              • site:peteforamerica.com "Christian" - returns links to PDFs of two tax returns, one from 2017 where he gave a whopping $765 to charity, and one from 2013 where claimed he gave $3,760. According to his own tax returns, he gave FAR LESS recently than he has in the past, even though his more recent income increased by over $20,000.
              • site:peteforamerica.com "faith" - returns 3 items, NONE of which are about his own faith
              • site:peteforamerica.com "God" - ZERO mentions of God on his website - Your search - site:peteforamerica.com "God" - did not match any documents.
              • site:peteforamerica.com "Jesus" - ZERO mentions of Jesus on his website - Your search - site:peteforamerica.com "Jesus" - did not match any documents.
              • site:peteforamerica.com "Christianity" - ZERO mentions of Christianity on his website - Your search - site:peteforamerica.com "Christianity" - did not match any documents.

While liberals, the MSM (I repeat myself) and anti-Christian bigots are raving about Buttigieg's "faith" - his own website is absolutely devoid of any indication that he claims to be a Christian!

Where do you get your claim that he says he's a Christian?
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Yes, I did, you just don't wish to hear it. Reason, Sparko, Reason. The golden rule is based on reason.
                Nonsense Jim, it is no more based on reason than murderous Maoism or Stalinism were based on reason. Remember the other golden rule is also based on reason: he with the most gold rules...
                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
                  Nonsense Jim, it is no more based on reason than murderous Maoism or Stalinism was based on reason.
                  exactly. Why should someone treat others like they want to be treated if they can get away with getting others to treat them great while they treat others like crap? Just like Hitler did, or Stalin, or any number of bad leaders. They get treated with fear and respect while they get to treat others like garbage.

That is what evolution works toward right? Survival of the fittest? Not survival of the nicest.

Comment

exactly. Why should someone treat others like they want to be treated if they can get away with getting others to treat them great while they treat others like crap? Just like Hitler did, or Stalin, or any number of bad leaders. They get treated with fear and respect while they get to treat others like garbage.

That is what evolution works toward right? Survival of the fittest? Not survival of the nicest.
                    Correct, white Europeans come to North America, displace, dominate or destroy the native population. We pass on our genes, exploit the natural resources and create the wealthiest most powerful nation in human history. In the evolutionary sense the white Europeans win, survive and prosper.
                    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
                      Correct, white Europeans come to North America, displace, dominate or destroy the native population. We pass on our genes, exploit the natural resources and create the wealthiest most powerful nation in human history. In the evolutionary sense the white Europeans win, survive and prosper.
                      Well, until descendants of said prospering survivors descend into decadence, feel guilt for the superiority they themselves did not achieve, and allow reproductive rates to fall well below replacement level....
                      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                      sigpic
                      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                        Well, until descendants of said prospering survivors descend into decadence, feel guilt for the superiority they themselves did not achieve, and allow reproductive rates to fall well below replacement level....
                        Ain't that the truth...

Comment

• It just amuses me when moral relativists tell us what is immoral.

Comment

It just amuses me when moral relativists tell us what is immoral.
                            Or when agnostics and atheists try to tell us who's a Christian.
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              Or when agnostics and atheists try to tell us who's a Christian.
                              Or how we should respond to their antics.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                                Or how we should respond to their antics.
                                Because they know Jesus SO WELL!

Comment