Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Mayor Pete Attacks Trump's Faith...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    PURELY IN JEST, I offer you a solution....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]37734[/ATTACH]
    You guys seem to continually think I am somehow offended. For the record:

"That is inappropriate"

and

"I am offended"

are two separate concepts. Assuming the latter when the former has been said is essentially an exercise in mind-reading.
    The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

"y'all" - a contraction of 'you all'.
      Umm... yeah... I knew that...
      The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
        I just had a flash of Michael Corleone in church, renouncing satan and all his works and all his pomps -- while his men committed bloody murder. I enjoy the GF movies, but after all the times I've seen them, that is always jarring.
        Unvarnished, naked ruthlessness usually is.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
          You guys seem to continually think I am somehow offended. For the record:

"That is inappropriate"

and

"I am offended"

are two separate concepts. Assuming the latter when the former has been said is essentially an exercise in mind-reading.
          You're "offended" by it because you find it "inappropriate". Last word to you.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
            Or, in Buttigieg's case he proclaims his belief in Jesus by reciting the Creeds regularly in church. He says that "I found in (the Episcopal Cathedral of) St. James this faith community that really takes seriously that it's urban, that it's part of a city. And just very quickly felt drawn to that community. And now for about 10 years it's been my faith home." "It was a mix of faith but also of community that really made it the right place to be".

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/04/02/o...eck/index.html
            How does Beck know what Buttigeg does when the latter has been as quite as a church mouse about it? Beck doesn't even live in the same same state[1] much less go to the same church (and wouldn't even if they lived in the same neighborhood since they belong to different denominations.

Beck has no idea if Buttigeg recites the creeds, is respectably silent during that time or is checking his emails and text messages.

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
            But it seems you are determined that nothing will persuade you that he is sincerely Christian.
            A statement from Buttigeg affirming that he is would be sufficient. But he has been noticeably silent on the matter which is odd for a practicing/committed/devout Christian[2]. Instead we get a few scattered incredibly nebulous statements that as I previously noted could also have been said by a semi-agnostic theist.

1. South Bend, Indiana is over 700 miles from NYC where Beck resides.

2. As a Christian Buttigeg ought to be quite aware of I Peter 3:5:

Scripture Verse:

but in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect

© Copyright Original Source

Buttigeg seems awfully reluctant to offer such a defense and such reticence is quite frankly inexplicable if he is, as you proclaim, a practicing/committed/devout Christian

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Zyzzyva!

(and you're wrong... )

Comment

So, Buttigieg is on a par with a fictional mafia boss in your mind? Gotcha.
                You are displaying quite a talent for twisting what someone says so that it becomes totally unrecognizable.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  Buttigeg seems awfully reluctant to offer such a defense and such reticence is quite frankly inexplicable if he is, as you proclaim, a practicing/committed/devout Christian
                  I just find it quite amusing that one of our most rabid anti-Christian trolls is so desperately bent on turning Buttigieg into a "sincere Christian", even if he has to totally make things up.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    How does Beck know...
                    Beck is CNN's go-to priest for any time they wish to denigrate Christianity.

I hope Beck never sticks up for MY Christianity!

Comment

You should know better by now than to attempt to pin Michel down on anything.
                      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                      sigpic
                      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxVel View Post
                        I read that as meaning, 'Carpe, you are taking it too seriously. Lighten up, laugh, it's not an attack on you'. You've taken it too seriously, and OBP has apaprently gotten annoyed at you, which has just made you more offended.

This is the kind of thing that makes mothers tell one of their two arguing kids to get out of the car and walk home.

Where's Mossy when you need her?
                        Eh, there might be some unconscious annoyance involved. When I realize I'm annoyed, I tend to walk away rather than respond at all. I may be guilty of poking just to elicit the expected response, though.
                        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                        sigpic
                        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

And how do you know he actually recites the creed? Lots of CEO "Christians" simply stand there, or mumble their way through it.
                          Of course Buttigieg simply stands there or just mumbles his way through the Creedal Statement of Faith because......

Well because.
                          “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Of course Buttigieg simply stands there or just mumbles his way through the Creedal Statement of Faith because......

Well because.
                            Do let us know when you can find the actual evidence we're looking for, rather than unsupported assumptions.

sigpic

Comment

Well because.
                              Ah, the drama queen response. No surprise there.

A) You don't know that Buttigieg even ATTENDS Church - his own brother-in-law indicates that he and his 'husband' have pretty much abandoned the faith, and this is all a political ploy.
                              2) IF HE DOES attend Church, you don't know if it's regular attendance, or something more on the order of CEO
                              C) IF HE DOES attend Church, you don't know that he actually recites the creed. Unless, of course, you're standing next to him and hear him.

Seriously, Tass, if the VERY BEST that you can do to 'prove' Buttigieg is a 'practicing Christian' is make unfounded assumptions with no proof whatsoever, against testimony of his own brother-in-law......

But, I get it -- Buttigieg is a homosexual, so you are duty sworn to defend him at all costs, no matter how ridiculous that defense may be.

Please continue the kabuki dance, though --- it does have a small amount of entertainment value.

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                                You should know better by now than to attempt to pin Michel down on anything.
                                I shall hang my head and be shamed.

Comment