Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Mayor Pete Attacks Trump's Faith...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    It just amuses me when moral relativists tell us what is immoral.
    They constantly betray their deep seated beliefs in universal moral truths.
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
      They constantly betray their deep seated beliefs in what is right in their own eyes.
      Ftfy, n/c.
      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        Or when agnostics and atheists try to tell us who's a Christian.
        yeah that too. What ever would we do without these special advisors?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          yeah that too. What ever would we do without these special advisors?
          On that....

When I used to hear people try to justify their actions with "I know that the Bible says X, BUT....." I would offer to bring in some lost people, because even LOST PEOPLE know that disobeying X is sin!!!!

(I don't think I could count on these guys, though)
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

A) Tassman's claim was that Buttigieg is a "practicing Christian".
            2) Can you provide a cite where Buttigieg actually claims, himself, to be a Christian, without a whole bunch of assumin' goin' on?

On his official website, for example, where does he ever mention Christian, God, Jesus, faith, or Christianity?

Lemme help you....
            • site:peteforamerica.com "Christian" - returns links to PDFs of two tax returns, one from 2017 where he gave a whopping $765 to charity, and one from 2013 where claimed he gave $3,760. According to his own tax returns, he gave FAR LESS recently than he has in the past, even though his more recent income increased by over $20,000.
            • site:peteforamerica.com "faith" - returns 3 items, NONE of which are about his own faith
            • site:peteforamerica.com "God" - ZERO mentions of God on his website - Your search - site:peteforamerica.com "God" - did not match any documents.
            • site:peteforamerica.com "Jesus" - ZERO mentions of Jesus on his website - Your search - site:peteforamerica.com "Jesus" - did not match any documents.
            • site:peteforamerica.com "Christianity" - ZERO mentions of Christianity on his website - Your search - site:peteforamerica.com "Christianity" - did not match any documents.

While liberals, the MSM (I repeat myself) and anti-Christian bigots are raving about Buttigieg's "faith" - his own website is absolutely devoid of any indication that he claims to be a Christian!

Where do you get your claim that he says he's a Christian?
            I've heard him say it myself. Buttigeig is an Episcopalian which is a christian sect of some 85 million members, and by christian I mean to say they believe in god and the god they believe in is Jesus. That makes him along with the other 85 million members, a christian.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
              I've heard him say it myself.
              No you haven't.

Buttigeig is an Episcopalian which is a christian sect of some 85 million members,
              A 'christian sect'?

and by christian I mean to say they believe in god and the god they believe in is Jesus. That makes him along with the other 85 million members, a christian.
              You're a riot.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Nonsense Jim, it is no more based on reason than murderous Maoism or Stalinism were based on reason. Remember the other golden rule is also based on reason: he with the most gold rules...
                Yes, that's what we do seer, we use reason. The golden rule makes perfect sense for a civil human society. Everyone should be treated the same and we should treat others as we would that they treat us. The details aren't set in stone as you would have it, even though your biblical devine morals change from the OT to the NT.

Comment

I've heard him say it myself. Buttigeig is an Episcopalian which is a christian sect of some 85 million members, and by christian I mean to say they believe in god and the god they believe in is Jesus. That makes him along with the other 85 million members, a christian.
                  Wow, Jimmy! You might be right after all! The Episcopal Church in America does, indeed, seem to be fast approaching "sect" status instead of "denomination"....

Why is the Episcopal Church near collapse?

The headlines coming out of the Episcopal Church’s annual U.S. convention are stunning — endorsement of cross-dressing clergy, blessing same-sex marriage, the sale of their headquarters since they can’t afford to maintain it.

The American branch of the Church of England, founded when the Vatican balked at permitting King Henry VIII to continue annulling marriages to any wife who failed to bear him sons, is in trouble.

Somehow slipping out of the headlines is a harsh reality that the denomination has been deserted in droves by an angry or ambivalent membership. Six prominent bishops are ready to take their large dioceses out of the American church and align with conservative Anglican groups in Africa and South America.

“Liberal Christianity has been hailed by its boosters for 40 years as the future of the Christian church. Instead, as all but a few die-hards now admit, the mainline churches that have blurred doctrine and softened moral precepts are declining and, in the case of the Episcopal Church, disintegrating.”

Prominent bishops are pulling out. Convention-goers were told headquarters had spent $18 million suing local congregations. Members are leaving at a record rate. This is no longer George Washington’s church – once the largest denomination in the colonies.

“On July 8, 2012, Presiding Bishop Katharine Jefferts Schori preached her brand of post-Christian religion while masquerading as a Christian bishop,” reported convention attendee Dr. Sarah Frances Ives.

“She mocked most of the crucial doctrines of the Christian faith, including the God of creation, the Incarnation, and the Trinity. She accomplishes this through her demeaning use of rhetoric. She taunts the Lord by the use of the name ‘Big Man’ and then points her finger at everyone listening and tells them that they have ‘missed the boat.’

“Jefferts Schori then proclaims that she has the answer for this. We all need the ‘act of crossing boundaries’ to become God after which our hands become a ‘sacrament of mission.’

“In this sermon, Jefferts Schori continued her mission of destroying the Christian faith through her rhetorical device of dismissive ridicule.

“Jefferts Schori leaves a wide wake of destruction behind with this sermon: the eternal triune God has been torn down, human beings are to boldly claim our place as God, and the sacraments of the Eucharist and Baptism have been turned into things our hands make. In other words, Jefferts Schori accepts that now humanity, animals and God are one undifferentiated blob. This is essentially a form of solipsism, the belief that self is all that is known to exist. Anyone can see that this is both pure heresy and utter nonsense.

So much for your claim that they "believe in god and the god they believe in is Jesus"! Sheeeesh --- no wonder Buttigieg "felt drawn to" this group!

Comment

Yes, that's what we do seer, we use reason. The golden rule makes perfect sense for a civil human society. Everyone should be treated the same and we should treat others as we would that they treat us. The details aren't set in stone as you would have it, even though your biblical devine morals change from the OT to the NT.
                    The golden rule only makes sense if you have a particular moral goal in mind. A goal that the Maoist or Stalinist doesn't share.
                    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

So much for your claim that they "believe in god and the god they believe in is Jesus"! Sheeeesh --- no wonder Buttigieg "felt drawn to" this group!
                      I gotta hand it to you, Jimmy -- without your goofy claim that Pete is a Christian because he's an Episcopalian, I wouldn't have dug in to find out stuff like this, from the same article I cited...

“Yesterday,” reports Angela O’Brien from the convention, “the House of Bishops of the Episcopalian Church approved a new provisional blessing for gay unions, while the full General Convention voted in favor of general acceptance for transgender clergy.

“Some Episcopalian bishops spoke out against the resolution on same-sex blessings. Bishop Bauerschmidt, of the Episcopal Diocese of Tennessee, urged the bishops to defeat the resolution.

David Thurlow

“The Reverend David Thurlow advocated rejecting the resolution. ‘For two thousand years the Church has had clear teaching regarding Christian marriage and Biblical norms of sexual behavior,’ he said, pointing out that ‘through previous statements and resolutions the Church has pledged itself not to make any change to this traditional teaching.’

Likewise, Bishop Edward Little of Northern Indiana stood against the resolution.

“The Christian world is going to understand us as having changed the nature of the sacrament of holy matrimony,” Bishop Little said. “The Christian world will look at that liturgy world and see vows, and exchange of rings, a pronouncement and a blessing and they will understand that to mean the Episcopal Church has endorsed same-sex marriage and changed a basic Christian doctrine. I do not believe that we are free to do that.”

Ya catch that, Jimmy? "‘For two thousand years the Church has had clear teaching regarding Christian marriage and Biblical norms of sexual behavior"!

Thank you, Jimmy! Keep up the good work! You and Tassman are making a better claim against Mayor Pete's "Christianity" than I was!

Comment

• Well, there's one Episcopalian that we like around here (she's on staff)...
                        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Wow, Jimmy! You might be right after all! The Episcopal Church in America does, indeed, seem to be fast approaching "sect" status instead of "denomination"....

Why is the Episcopal Church near collapse?

The headlines coming out of the Episcopal Church’s annual U.S. convention are stunning — endorsement of cross-dressing clergy, blessing same-sex marriage, the sale of their headquarters since they can’t afford to maintain it.

The American branch of the Church of England, founded when the Vatican balked at permitting King Henry VIII to continue annulling marriages to any wife who failed to bear him sons, is in trouble.

Somehow slipping out of the headlines is a harsh reality that the denomination has been deserted in droves by an angry or ambivalent membership. Six prominent bishops are ready to take their large dioceses out of the American church and align with conservative Anglican groups in Africa and South America.

“Liberal Christianity has been hailed by its boosters for 40 years as the future of the Christian church. Instead, as all but a few die-hards now admit, the mainline churches that have blurred doctrine and softened moral precepts are declining and, in the case of the Episcopal Church, disintegrating.”

Prominent bishops are pulling out. Convention-goers were told headquarters had spent $18 million suing local congregations. Members are leaving at a record rate. This is no longer George Washington’s church – once the largest denomination in the colonies.

“On July 8, 2012, Presiding Bishop Katharine Jefferts Schori preached her brand of post-Christian religion while masquerading as a Christian bishop,” reported convention attendee Dr. Sarah Frances Ives.

“She mocked most of the crucial doctrines of the Christian faith, including the God of creation, the Incarnation, and the Trinity. She accomplishes this through her demeaning use of rhetoric. She taunts the Lord by the use of the name ‘Big Man’ and then points her finger at everyone listening and tells them that they have ‘missed the boat.’

“Jefferts Schori then proclaims that she has the answer for this. We all need the ‘act of crossing boundaries’ to become God after which our hands become a ‘sacrament of mission.’

“In this sermon, Jefferts Schori continued her mission of destroying the Christian faith through her rhetorical device of dismissive ridicule.

“Jefferts Schori leaves a wide wake of destruction behind with this sermon: the eternal triune God has been torn down, human beings are to boldly claim our place as God, and the sacraments of the Eucharist and Baptism have been turned into things our hands make. In other words, Jefferts Schori accepts that now humanity, animals and God are one undifferentiated blob. This is essentially a form of solipsism, the belief that self is all that is known to exist. Anyone can see that this is both pure heresy and utter nonsense.

Whether or not you agree with them and there understanding, they believe in god, and that god is Jesus. You don't agree with the Pope on much either, so who cares. In my opinion, you're all a bit nuts in that regard.

Comment

The golden rule only makes sense if you have a particular moral goal in mind. A goal that the Maoist or Stalinist doesn't share.
                            Yes, and society has a particular moral goal in mind, the best interests of all the members therein.

Comment

They constantly betray their deep seated beliefs in universal moral truths.
                              Universal moral truths would have to do with the universe, not necessarily with the creator of one.

Comment

I gotta hand it to you, Jimmy -- without your goofy claim that Pete is a Christian because he's an Episcopalian, I wouldn't have dug in to find out stuff like this, from the same article I cited...

“Yesterday,” reports Angela O’Brien from the convention, “the House of Bishops of the Episcopalian Church approved a new provisional blessing for gay unions, while the full General Convention voted in favor of general acceptance for transgender clergy.

“Some Episcopalian bishops spoke out against the resolution on same-sex blessings. Bishop Bauerschmidt, of the Episcopal Diocese of Tennessee, urged the bishops to defeat the resolution.

David Thurlow

“The Reverend David Thurlow advocated rejecting the resolution. ‘For two thousand years the Church has had clear teaching regarding Christian marriage and Biblical norms of sexual behavior,’ he said, pointing out that ‘through previous statements and resolutions the Church has pledged itself not to make any change to this traditional teaching.’

Likewise, Bishop Edward Little of Northern Indiana stood against the resolution.

“The Christian world is going to understand us as having changed the nature of the sacrament of holy matrimony,” Bishop Little said. “The Christian world will look at that liturgy world and see vows, and exchange of rings, a pronouncement and a blessing and they will understand that to mean the Episcopal Church has endorsed same-sex marriage and changed a basic Christian doctrine. I do not believe that we are free to do that.”

Ya catch that, Jimmy? "‘For two thousand years the Church has had clear teaching regarding Christian marriage and Biblical norms of sexual behavior"!

Thank you, Jimmy! Keep up the good work! You and Tassman are making a better claim against Mayor Pete's "Christianity" than I was!
                                Dig up what you will, CP, the Episcopalian god is the christian god, Jesus, the belief in which makes one a christian. You don't have to like it, but Episcopalians are christians.

Comment