Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Mayor Pete Attacks Trump's Faith...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
    Of course, one wonders how many of those Christians who hold that opinion are actually committed believers themselves. I would think the statistics would look considerably different if it was possible to remove all of the non-committal, "name-only" Christians from the statistics.
    Well we have no way of knowing but it’s a tad presumptuous to suggest that Christians who differ from your form of Evangelical Christianity are not real Christians.
    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
      Well we have no way of knowing but it’s a tad presumptuous to suggest that Christians who differ from your form of Evangelical Christianity are not real Christians.
      Lutheranism (Even Confessional Lutheranism) is not a form of "Evangelical Christianity", atleast not in the way "Evangelical" is usually defined. But I'm not assuming that every Christian who differs from my form of Christianity is not a real Christian, or even non-committal in their beliefs. Committed Catholics and Orthodox believers would certainly differ from "my form of Evangelical Christianity" for example, but I would still not discount their opinion on this issue. My assumption is simply that the majority of Christians in the US, irrespective of denomination, are non-committal.

Comment

Indeed, there are, but Buttigieg is not one of them. He believes that one can be a committed Christian and a practicing homosexual. And his views reflect majority opinion within US Christianity according to the statistics.
        And yet what remains lacking is Buttigieg himself ever saying anything about him being a committed/practicing Christian. And therein lies the problem.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I see. So, it is quite conceivable that, as far as you’re concerned, Buttigieg may well a “practicing Christian” despite being a practicing homosexual who is married to a man?
          If one defines "Christian" as a "saved person," I would say that it is marginally conceivable that Buttgiggy is a genuine Christian, but I would say his "practice" is severely defective and likely ultimately destructive (meaning leading to apostasy and damnation).
          Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
            Lutheranism (Even Confessional Lutheranism) is not a form of "Evangelical Christianity", atleast not in the way "Evangelical" is usually defined. But I'm not assuming that every Christian who differs from my form of Christianity is not a real Christian, or even non-committal in their beliefs. Committed Catholics and Orthodox believers would certainly differ from "my form of Evangelical Christianity" for example, but I would still not discount their opinion on this issue. My assumption is simply that the majority of Christians in the US, irrespective of denomination, are non-committal.
            Perhaps non-committal but if pressed would probably (albeit defensively) defend their Christianity and their views as such.
            “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              And yet what remains lacking is Buttigieg himself ever saying anything about him being a committed/practicing Christian. And therein lies the problem.
              Well if it’s a Personal Testimony you're after about how he got to know Jesus you’ll be waiting a long time; this is an Evangelical practice, not mainstream Episcopalian. Nevertheless, Buttigieg has spoken openly about his faith many times as has been previously linked.

Here again:

https://religionnews.com/2019/04/17/...religion-card/

And here:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...mn/3342767002/

“He has also stood out as a devoted Christian who is speaking against the dominance of the religious right in the public square. As Buttigieg told me in an interview Friday, “The left is rightly committed to a separation of church and state … but we need to not be afraid to invoke arguments that are convincing on why Christian faith is going to point you in a progressive direction…”
              Last edited by Tassman; 06-13-2019, 04:54 AM.

Comment

Indeed, there are, but Buttigieg is not one of them. He believes that one can be a committed Christian and a practicing homosexual. And his views reflect majority opinion within US Christianity according to the statistics.
                You don't know SQUAT about what Buttigieg believes because you just make things up from your own little drama world. He's a homosexual, so you're going to sing his praises endlessly.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  Tassman will invent something. He's THAT desperate for Buttigieg to be a "for really Christian", even though Tassman is an anti-Christian bigot himself.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Well if it’s a Personal Testimony you're after ...
                    Laughing.... 2,000 years of Christianity based on personal testimony, and Tassman tosses all that away.... this is hysterical. What a bloomin' idiot!

Comment

"As Buttigieg told me in an interview Friday, “The left is rightly committed to a separation of church and state … but we need to not be afraid to invoke arguments that are convincing on why Christian faith is going to point you in a progressive direction…”
                      Yes, you just proved my point -- Buttigieg is perverting Christianity to support his own twisted Liberation Theology and his political campaign to be POTUS, as his own brother-in-law suggests.

Thanks, Tass, you're a sweetie.

Comment

And in THAT link, the article is headlined Buttigieg plays the religion card

Yup! That's EGGZackly what he's doing, according to his own brother-in-law.

Thanks again, Tass!

Comment

here is an interesting table:

ScreenHunter_.jpg

Shows that those that believe homosexuality should be accepted don't bother to read scripture.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            here is an interesting table:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]37659[/ATTACH]

Shows that those that believe homosexuality should be accepted don't bother to read scripture.
                            Wouldn't you say that "reading scripture" (at least occasionally) is one of the "practices" of "practicing Christians"?

I would love for Tassman to list the "practices" that "practicing Christian Buttigieg" actually practices.

(Though, you may have noted that he's morphed "practicing Christian" into "committed Christian".

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              Wouldn't you say that "reading scripture" (at least occasionally) is one of the "practices" of "practicing Christians"?

I would love for Tassman to list the "practices" that "practicing Christian Buttigieg" actually practices.

(Though, you may have noted that he's morphed "practicing Christian" into "committed Christian".
                              Yep. it seems that the less a person bothers to read the bible, the more they are influenced by the world instead of by God.

another table showing this:

ScreenHunter_.jpg

https://www.pewforum.org/religious-l...homosexuality/

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                                Yep. it seems that the less a person bothers to read the bible, the more they are influenced by the world instead of by God.

another table showing this:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]37660[/ATTACH]

https://www.pewforum.org/religious-l...homosexuality/
                                Which is why, when Tassman claimed that Buttigieg "interprets those passages differently", I countered with "he totally ignores them". As you have stated, he's a "Cafeteria Christian" at best - picking and choosing only the green jello and desserts, and ignoring the meat and potatoes.

(it was interesting that Tassman interpreted "Cafeteria Christian" as an admission that Buttigieg is, indeed, a for really Christian.

Comment