Page 137 of 205 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139147187 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 2042

Thread: Mayor Pete Attacks Trump's Faith...

Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxVel View Post
    I read that as meaning, 'Carpe, you are taking it too seriously. Lighten up, laugh, it's not an attack on you'. You've taken it too seriously, and OBP has apaprently gotten annoyed at you, which has just made you more offended.

This is the kind of thing that makes mothers tell one of their two arguing kids to get out of the car and walk home.

Where's Mossy when you need her?
    Eh, there might be some unconscious annoyance involved. When I realize I'm annoyed, I tend to walk away rather than respond at all. I may be guilty of poking just to elicit the expected response, though.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    And how do you know he actually recites the creed? Lots of CEO "Christians" simply stand there, or mumble their way through it.
    Of course Buttigieg simply stands there or just mumbles his way through the Creedal Statement of Faith because......

Well because.
    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tassman View Post
    Of course Buttigieg simply stands there or just mumbles his way through the Creedal Statement of Faith because......

Well because.
    Do let us know when you can find the actual evidence we're looking for, rather than unsupported assumptions.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

4. Amen Cow Poke amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Well because.
    Ah, the drama queen response. No surprise there.

A) You don't know that Buttigieg even ATTENDS Church - his own brother-in-law indicates that he and his 'husband' have pretty much abandoned the faith, and this is all a political ploy.
    2) IF HE DOES attend Church, you don't know if it's regular attendance, or something more on the order of CEO
    C) IF HE DOES attend Church, you don't know that he actually recites the creed. Unless, of course, you're standing next to him and hear him.

Seriously, Tass, if the VERY BEST that you can do to 'prove' Buttigieg is a 'practicing Christian' is make unfounded assumptions with no proof whatsoever, against testimony of his own brother-in-law......

But, I get it -- Buttigieg is a homosexual, so you are duty sworn to defend him at all costs, no matter how ridiculous that defense may be.

Please continue the kabuki dance, though --- it does have a small amount of entertainment value.
    I have called you my friends.... Jesus
    Jn 15:15

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    You should know better by now than to attempt to pin Michel down on anything.
    I shall hang my head and be shamed.
    I have called you my friends.... Jesus
    Jn 15:15

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Because thats what a substantial amount of church-goers in denominations where the creeds are read aloud in the liturgy end up doing?

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrawnus View Post
    Because thats what a substantial amount of church-goers in denominations where the creeds are read aloud in the liturgy end up doing?
    The Creeds are recited by the entire congregation, I know from many years experience. They are the declaration of faith as opposed to the personal testimonies believers about of how they "met Jesus", which is a characteristic of Evangelicalism .
    Last edited by Tassman; 06-16-2019 at 10:51 PM.
    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Faith
    Full Gospel Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    So, Buttigieg is on a par with a fictional mafia boss in your mind? Gotcha.
    No, Tass, my comment was specifically (and clearly!) in regard to the bit that I quoted:

"Oh please. I know people who are not Christian or are openly agnostic and yet who still go to church for a wide variety of reasons. They may go for their spouse's sake, for the fellowship, to make business/political connections etc."
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Nationalist.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post

Beck has no idea if Buttigeg recites the creeds, is respectably silent during that time or is checking his emails and text messages.
    Beck’s i/v is just one of many all of which make the same point, Buttigieg is a sincere Episcopalian and regularly attends his local cathedral/church where, as is customary throughout the Anglican tradition worldwide, he would recite the Creeds as his declaration of faith. This is what Anglicans do (apart from the minority Low Church wing), as opposed to the Evangelical tradition of proclaiming via personal testimony how one came to find Jesus as personal Lord and Savior.

You yourself posted one such link:

“Asked if he thinks he would struggle with evangelical voters in states such as Iowa, he cites deep Episcopal faith in a way that values voters could understand. (He attends Episcopal Cathedral of St. James in South Bend.) “There is just a way to bring it back to the values that are actually discussed the most in scripture,” Buttigieg told me back in October at Fiddler’s. “I mean, think about foot-washing. Feet are gross, and one of the enduring images of Christianity is when the divine comes to Earth, he occupies himself with service in the most humbling way, of those who are most humble. And right now, in our leadership, we have the opposite. We have this idea that those in political service need to make sure that their powerful allies succeed, and it’s just not … it’s not the Christianity that I get in church or in scripture.”

https://www.indianapolismonthly.com/...tigieg-feature

A statement from Buttigeg affirming that he is would be sufficient. But he has been noticeably silent on the matter
    No he hasn't. See above.

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by NorrinRadd View Post

"Oh please. I know people who are not Christian or are openly agnostic and yet who still go to church for a wide variety of reasons. They may go for their spouse's sake, for the fellowship, to make business/political connections etc."
    True. But you assume for no good reason that Buttigieg has such motives, which is pure speculation on your part. He claims to be Christian, there is no reason to disbelieve his claim