Page 122 of 171 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124132 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 1706

Thread: Mayor Pete Attacks Trump's Faith...

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tassman View Post
    You will never find anything to convince you of what is obvious to anyone other than Evangelical bigots, that Buttigieg is a committed Christian.
    Seriously, If I were to find ANY statement from Buttigieg's own mouth claiming that he was a "practicing Christian" or "confessed/confesses Christ" or acknowledged Jesus as Lord or Savior or Lord and Savior or..... ANYTHING, I'd have to acknowledge that that's what I've been asking for.

That's what I have CONSISTENTLY been asking for. Instead, all I get is third party claims from leftist websites or CNN's go-to liberal priest, and Tassman constantly changing his claim, denying he made any such claim, changing the terms, accusing me of lies, falsely accusing me.....

So, I'll let you have the last word*, Tassman. Make it good. Build up a good head of steam, and let'r rip!!!!

*in a carpeien sort of way, of course
    --- this space intentionally left blank ---

2. Amen MaxVel amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    And, this just in ... Absolutely TOTALLY shocking!!!!

A Major LGBT Political Group Is Set To Endorse Pete Buttigieg For President

Who would have EVER guessed that!

And, who is the President of Victory Fund? None other than former Mayor Annise Parker, who was embroiled in controversy over issuing subpoenas to Houston area Pastors for “all speeches, presentations, or sermons related to HERO, the Petition, Mayor Annise Parker, homosexuality, or gender identity prepared by, delivered by, revised by, or approved by you or in your possession.”
    --- this space intentionally left blank ---

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    You will never find anything to convince you of what is obvious to anyone other than Evangelical bigots, that Buttigieg is a committed Christian.
    There are Christians other than Evangelicals who think living in a homosexual relationship is at odds with being a committed Christian. As a Confessional Lutheran I'm one of them.

5. Amen Cow Poke amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrawnus View Post
    There are Christians other than Evangelicals who think living in a homosexual relationship is at odds with being a committed Christian. As a Confessional Lutheran I'm one of them.
    Indeed, there are, but Buttigieg is not one of them. He believes that one can be a committed Christian and a practicing homosexual. And his views reflect majority opinion within US Christianity according to the statistics.
    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Indeed, there are, but Buttigieg is not one of them. He believes that one can be a committed Christian and a practicing homosexual. And his views reflect majority opinion within US Christianity according to the statistics.
    Of course, one wonders how many of those Christians who hold that opinion are actually committed believers themselves. I would think the statistics would look considerably different if it was possible to remove all of the non-committal, "name-only" Christians from the statistics.

8. Amen Cow Poke amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Of course, one wonders how many of those Christians who hold that opinion are actually committed believers themselves. I would think the statistics would look considerably different if it was possible to remove all of the non-committal, "name-only" Christians from the statistics.
    Well we have no way of knowing but it’s a tad presumptuous to suggest that Christians who differ from your form of Evangelical Christianity are not real Christians.
    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Well we have no way of knowing but it’s a tad presumptuous to suggest that Christians who differ from your form of Evangelical Christianity are not real Christians.
    Lutheranism (Even Confessional Lutheranism) is not a form of "Evangelical Christianity", atleast not in the way "Evangelical" is usually defined. But I'm not assuming that every Christian who differs from my form of Christianity is not a real Christian, or even non-committal in their beliefs. Committed Catholics and Orthodox believers would certainly differ from "my form of Evangelical Christianity" for example, but I would still not discount their opinion on this issue. My assumption is simply that the majority of Christians in the US, irrespective of denomination, are non-committal.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    And yet what remains lacking is Buttigieg himself ever saying anything about him being a committed/practicing Christian. And therein lies the problem.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

Faith
    Full Gospel Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I see. So, it is quite conceivable that, as far as you’re concerned, Buttigieg may well a “practicing Christian” despite being a practicing homosexual who is married to a man?
    If one defines "Christian" as a "saved person," I would say that it is marginally conceivable that Buttgiggy is a genuine Christian, but I would say his "practice" is severely defective and likely ultimately destructive (meaning leading to apostasy and damnation).
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Nationalist.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

13. Amen Cow Poke amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Lutheranism (Even Confessional Lutheranism) is not a form of "Evangelical Christianity", atleast not in the way "Evangelical" is usually defined. But I'm not assuming that every Christian who differs from my form of Christianity is not a real Christian, or even non-committal in their beliefs. Committed Catholics and Orthodox believers would certainly differ from "my form of Evangelical Christianity" for example, but I would still not discount their opinion on this issue. My assumption is simply that the majority of Christians in the US, irrespective of denomination, are non-committal.
    Perhaps non-committal but if pressed would probably (albeit defensively) defend their Christianity and their views as such.