Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Mayor Pete Attacks Trump's Faith...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Sure - but when a person never claims to be a Christian in the first place, and chooses a lifestyle that places themselves in direct violation of the teachings of the Bible...
    Well, yes, there is a difference between knowing you've sinned and regretting it, and embracing your sin and twisting scripture to justify it.

Let's put it this way: If he ever claims to be a Christian, I'll take it as seriously as he does.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man
      Well, yes, there is a difference between knowing you've sinned and regretting it, and embracing your sin and twisting scripture to justify it.
      In his case, however, I don't find anywhere at all that he even considers the relevant verses about homosexuality. I don't see him making any attempt to "interpret them" (as was Tassman's claim) in any manner - he appears to simply ignore them.

Let's put it this way: If he ever claims to a Christian, I'll take it as seriously as he does.
      If he ever claimed to be a "practicing Christian" (that's been Tassman's claim all along) then it'd be fair to look at what he 'practices'. As noted before, on his official website, there is ZERO reference to his faith, salvation, Christianity, church, religion, prayer, scripture....

I think what's happening is that the left is crowning him a Christian because, as a homosexual, that's about the only kind of Christian they could accept.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

So? I know people who claim to be lots of things, but he never claims - that I have found - that he's a Christian. Somebody can claim a religious denomination without being a Christian.

Based on what scripture? The same scripture that condemns his extremist views on abortion?

None of which makes a person a Christian.

Just show me where Buttigieg actually claims to be a Christian, rather than being proclaimed one by a couple of anti-Christian bigots using incredibly inept arguments.
        You can't even make sense. You can't believe in god, belong to a christian church, and not believe yourself to be a christian. while you're behind!

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
          You can't even make sense. You can't believe in god, belong to a christian church, and not believe yourself to be a christian. while you're behind!

That's as dumb as saying you can't go to McDonald's without believing yourself to be a hamburger!

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
            So this is your typical jackass way of admitting you can't find a single claim from Buttigieg that he's a practicing Christian? That's been Tassman's claim, JimmyPoo.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

So this is your typical jackass way of admitting you can't find a single claim from Buttigieg that he's a practicing Christian? That's been Tassman's claim, JimmyPoo.
              He doesn't have to say it specifically dufus, if he says he believes in god and is an Episcopalian, then he is christian.

Comment

• And the little anti-Christian Court Jester runs into onto the stage and proclaims....

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                He doesn't have to say it specifically dufus, if he says he believes in god and is an Episcopalian, then he is christian.
                You really need to stop getting your theology from fortune cookies.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                  You have no idea what it means to be a Christian, do you? The Bible says that even the demons believe in God.

Comment

And the little anti-Christian Court Jester runs into onto the stage and proclaims....

You really need to stop getting your theology from fortune cookies.
                    Where is your refutation? I don't see it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      You have no idea what it means to be a Christian, do you? The Bible says that even the demons believe in God.
                      Episcopalian demons?

Comment

Episcopalian demons?
                        They're getting closer and closer all the time!

I already schooled you on this, but as so often happens, you skipped class....

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        Well, you're just flat out wrong, Jimmy. Maybe I should have made the parts bigger and bolder where Presiding Bishop Katharine Jefferts Schori ....

... mocked most of the crucial doctrines of the Christian faith, including the God of creation, the Incarnation, and the Trinity. She accomplishes this through her demeaning use of rhetoric. She taunts the Lord by the use of the name ‘Big Man’ and then points her finger at everyone listening and tells them that they have ‘missed the boat.’

You know who mocks the crucial doctrines of the Christian faith, Jimmy? You and Tassman! YOU could be a "Christian" by THIS standard!
                        Even an Episcopal Bishop - the one who was in charge of the denomination for nearly a decade - appeared to be an "Episcopalian" but not believe in God or Jesus or the Trinity...

Comment

Where is your refutation? I don't see it?
                          I've shown it to you numerous times, and you keep rectumizing your cranium.

Comment

They're getting closer and closer all the time!

I already schooled you on this, but as so often happens, you skipped class....

Even an Episcopal Bishop - the one who was in charge of the denomination for nearly a decade - appeared to be an "Episcopalian" but not believe in God or Jesus or the Trinity...
                            Okay, show me the actual quote made by the presiding Bishop herself, not someone elses testimony of what she said.

Comment

Okay, show me the actual quote made by the presiding Bishop herself, not someone elses testimony of what she said.

You are SO precious! It's OK for you to declare somebody a Christian based on goofy assumptions, but you want an ACTUAL QUOTE?!?!?!

Go back in the thread and see where other OFFICIAL representatives of the Episcopal Church complain about her antics, and actually QUOTE her.

Comment

I've shown it to you numerous times, and you keep rectumizing your cranium.
                                So when you tell us you're a christian and belong to a christian church, we shouldn't take that to mean that you are a christian?

Comment