Page 166 of 205 FirstFirst ... 66116156164165166167168176 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,660 of 2045

Thread: Mayor Pete Attacks Trump's Faith...

  1. #1651
    Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Inside the beltway
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    21,364
    Amen (Given)
    6350
    Amen (Received)
    12117
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    You owned an AMC?


    I've owned only a few foreign cars: a Mitsubishi, Datsun 240Z[1] (now called Nissan) and a Volkswagen. And now I just got a Lexus 300 ES at the start of the month.



    1. That's the car I had in which I drove the fastest I ever have done. 134 mph on Mars Hill Road and 137 on 285 (a.k.a. 'The Perimeter').
    My grandfather had a Kaiser (1949 model, IIRC).
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

    Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

  2. #1652
    Evolution is God's ID rogue06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southeastern U.S. of A.
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    53,993
    Amen (Given)
    1148
    Amen (Received)
    19895
    Quote Originally Posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    My grandfather had a Kaiser (1949 model, IIRC).
    I have a cousin who tried to restore a Pierce-Arrow from the 19 teens, but couldn't get the parts and sold it to a buddy after a couple of years.

    I'm always still in trouble again

    "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

  3. #1653
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,475
    Amen (Given)
    391
    Amen (Received)
    1709
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    And what is Mayor Pete's solution?

    In the wake of the shooting, Buttigieg called on his police chief to remind officers to have their body cameras on at all times when they are engaging with citizens.
    I don't think anyone here can be critical of Buttigieg in terms of how to handle the perception of racism in his police department. If he believes his officers are not racist but are the victims of circumstance and a wave in the Black community of the perception that any police action against a black person is racism - regardless of what that black person was doing at the time - there isn't a lot he CAN do in any short period of time.

    This line of criticism of him is grossly hypocritical - especially on this web site. If he was not gay - you'd be all over supporting him. And, in fact, he should be supported. This is not a trivial problem to solve and there is nothing I know of that indicates he has been remiss in his dealings on this issue.


    Jim
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

    "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

  4. #1654
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    57,551
    Amen (Given)
    12478
    Amen (Received)
    26700
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    I don't think anyone here can be critical of Buttigieg in terms of how to handle the perception of racism in his police department. If he believes his officers are not racist but are the victims of circumstance and a wave in the Black community of the perception that any police action against a black person is racism - regardless of what that black person was doing at the time - there isn't a lot he CAN do in any short period of time.

    This line of criticism of him is grossly hypocritical - especially on this web site. If he was not gay - you'd be all over supporting him. And, in fact, he should be supported. This is not a trivial problem to solve and there is nothing I know of that indicates he has been remiss in his dealings on this issue.


    Jim
    That's a steaming load of horsie poo, Jim. But that's your right.

    I simply posted it because it's newsworthy - he's trying to court the black vote, and he can't seem to manage that. If he can't manage a small Midwestern town, how's he going to lead a Nation?
    DuckDuckGo - Privacy Simplified

  5. #1655
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    57,551
    Amen (Given)
    12478
    Amen (Received)
    26700
    For the record, and in opposition to nutty unfounded accusations of homophobia, my problems with Buttigieg have more to do with his reputation as "Pandering Pete", advocating for limitless abortion, wrapping himself in "faith" to attack Christians, and his apparent inability to secure the black vote he desperately needs....

    Democratic presidential hopeful Pete Buttigieg has come out of the gate early talking about black folks and the persistent inequalities in America. Now he needs to find a way to talk to African Americans, those whose complexions may look like me but not think like me.

    It's a delicate dance for Buttigieg. Stops along his campaign trail have been noticeably absent of people of color. He has repeatedly acknowledged his desire to build a more diverse base. But one misstep and Buttigieg might earn the nickname "Pandering Pete."

    Buttigieg must find a way to appeal to black voters without appearing calculating or condescending. He has quickly realized that he must make a pitch to African Americans who will ultimately ask: If I vote for you what are you going to do for me and my family?
    DuckDuckGo - Privacy Simplified

  6. #1656
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,475
    Amen (Given)
    391
    Amen (Received)
    1709
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    That's a steaming load of horsie poo, Jim. But that's your right.

    I simply posted it because it's newsworthy - he's trying to court the black vote, and he can't seem to manage that. If he can't manage a small Midwestern town, how's he going to lead a Nation?
    Can you name 1 person managing this issue any better on the national level?

    And whether youll admit it or not, your criticism is based on the fact he is gay and a democrat. A felloe R abd straight in in the same situation and youd be slamming his critics.


    Jim

  7. #1657
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    57,551
    Amen (Given)
    12478
    Amen (Received)
    26700
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Can you name 1 person managing this issue any better on the national level?

    And whether youll admit it or not, your criticism is based on the fact he is gay and a democrat.
    No, it's based on the fact that he's yet another leftist socialist pushing for the murder of innocent unborn children.

    A felloe R abd straight in in the same situation and youd be slamming his critics.
    If he were a felloe [sic] 'R', I would hope he'd not be pushing an anti-life agenda.

    Your mind reading skills stink out loud.

    Are you feeling another anti-Trump tantrum coming on, Jim?

    I think I'll go back to ignoring you and your drivel. Rant on, big guy!
    DuckDuckGo - Privacy Simplified

  8. #1658
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,475
    Amen (Given)
    391
    Amen (Received)
    1709
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    For the record, and in opposition to nutty unfounded accusations of homophobia, my problems with Buttigieg have more to do with his reputation as "Pandering Pete", advocating for limitless abortion, wrapping himself in "faith" to attack Christians, and his apparent inability to secure the black vote he desperately needs....

    Democratic presidential hopeful Pete Buttigieg has come out of the gate early talking about black folks and the persistent inequalities in America. Now he needs to find a way to talk to African Americans, those whose complexions may look like me but not think like me.

    It's a delicate dance for Buttigieg. Stops along his campaign trail have been noticeably absent of people of color. He has repeatedly acknowledged his desire to build a more diverse base. But one misstep and Buttigieg might earn the nickname "Pandering Pete."

    Buttigieg must find a way to appeal to black voters without appearing calculating or condescending. He has quickly realized that he must make a pitch to African Americans who will ultimately ask: If I vote for you what are you going to do for me and my family?
    Yep, that's why this thread has 164 pages and is still growing. It has nothing to do with him being gay.

    Are you also selling beachfront property in arizona?

    Jim

  9. #1659
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    57,551
    Amen (Given)
    12478
    Amen (Received)
    26700
    Quote Originally Posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    Excellent dodge, sir.
    old-dodge-truck-gordan-graham.jpg
    DuckDuckGo - Privacy Simplified

  10. #1660
    Troll Magnet Sparko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    50,262
    Amen (Given)
    5060
    Amen (Received)
    22382
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Yep, that's why this thread has 164 pages and is still growing. It has nothing to do with him being gay.

    Are you also selling beachfront property in arizona?

    Jim
    About 150 of those pages were us trying to get Tassman to admit to making up his statement that Buttigieg claimed to be a practicing Christian.

  11. Amen Cow Poke amen'd this post.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •