Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Mayor Pete Attacks Trump's Faith...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

As far as we can tell Buttigeig isn't even living as a practicing Christian according to liberal Christianity.
    What business is it of yours? He says he considers himself Christian and takes his beliefs seriously, as numerous links have indicated. It is not up to anyone else to judge him or question his motives. Especially self-righteous Evangelicals claiming the mantle of “REAL” Christians and yet seem so full of judgmental hate.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/right-...ian?ref=author
    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
      What business is it of yours?
      It's more our business, being Christians, than yours, being an anti-Christian bigot.

He says he considers himself Christian and takes his beliefs seriously, as numerous links have indicated.
      No, you haven't shown that at all. All you've shown is the liberals fawning all over him putting words in his mouth.

It is not up to anyone else to judge him or question his motives.
      Yet he makes his business to judge others. People who live in glass houses, you know.

What we know from his own testimony is that he's a practicing homosexual who is pro-abortion at virtually any stage, and that he doesn't think much of prayer.
      We do NOT know, from his own testimony, that he's a practicing Christian, but is simply "drawn to" a very liberal denomination thinking himself "more or less an Anglican".

But, no doubt, you'll keep blubbering on.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

This has been the problem all along. You and CP have your own understanding of what it means to be a “practicing Christian”, i.e. the Evangelical view, whereas liberal Christians have a different understanding of what it means to be a Christian. And you reject the latter as “true” Christianity. You are entitled to your view just as liberal Christians such as Buttigieg, are entitled to theirs. "You Will Know Them by Their Fruits".
        "Fruits." *snicker*
        Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
          "Fruits." *snicker*
          Just quoting your own scriptures: Matthew 7:15 "You will know them by their fruits".
          “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Edited by a Moderator

Moderated By: DesertBerean

Accusation of lying without substantiation is not allowed.

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
            Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

Last edited by DesertBerean; 06-10-2019, 01:30 PM.

Comment

• There is a litmus test for a false Christian. People who oppose God will love him.
              1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
              ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
              Scripture before Tradition:
              but that won't prevent others from
              taking it upon themselves to deprive you
              of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Only blowhard Christian bigots like you, little one.
                Ah, the Drama Queen returns! Did you wave your little wand at me when you said that?

Fr Edward Beck, one of many links posted re Buttigieg’s faith, is a Roman Catholic priest of the Passionist congregation…hardly a liberal.
                You mean THIS GUY? Edward Beck, CNN's go to priest - a liar and a deceiver! His own words convict him.

Tasssman, any time you start kissing some religious person's butt, we can pretty well take it to the bank you found a really bad source.

What we know from your testimony is that you are a Right-Winger
                Actually, I'm DOING - every week - the social gospel stuff that Buttigieg only talks about. My testimony is that I received Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior, AND am actually involved in the prison ministry, food pantry stuff, assistance to the poor, car clinic (for the poor), jobs for life (for the poor)... I write about that stuff here frequently. But I don't just write or talk about it - I live it! I learned long ago it's not an either / or.

Somehow, that makes me a "Right-Winger"?

Edited by a Moderator

I'm going to report this false accusation of lying, because I have never said Buttigieg is NOT a Christian, and I am spreading no lies - I'm simply looking for evidence that Buttigieg, himself, claims to be a practicing Christian.

Certainly, he's not a Christian like you but that's a good thing.
                Your link is about 'right wingers' spreading lies that Buttigieg is not a real Christian, and all it does is attack Christians just like you do - it provides NO evidence from Buttigieg that he claims to be a "practicing Christian".

All I'm doing is asking for evidence, from his own mouth, that he is a "practicing Christian", which was your claim (though you're trying hard to pretend you never made it).

Christianity is about salvation - Jesus clearly said, in the same chapter where he feeds a multitude of people....

Scripture Verse: Mark 9

34 Then he called the crowd to him along with his disciples and said: “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me. 35 For whoever wants to save their life[b] will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me and for the gospel will save it. 36 What good is it for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul? 37 Or what can anyone give in exchange for their soul? 38 If anyone is ashamed of me and my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of Man will be ashamed of them when he comes in his Father’s glory with the holy angels.”

© Copyright Original Source

Jesus came to seek and save the lost - that was His mission.

Scripture Verse: Luke 19:10

For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost.”

© Copyright Original Source

He was about the Eternal Kingdom.

Buttigieg employs 'Cafeteria Christianity' kind of liberation theology to create the Jesus he wants to use on his campaign, and ignores the rest of scripture.
                Last edited by DesertBerean; 06-10-2019, 01:53 PM.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• "Cafeteria Christianity." Where you get to pick the stuff you like and ignore the inconvenient parts. Seems to be the biggest denomination in the country.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• And now for something totally different....

If elected, Buttigieg, 37, the mayor of South Bend, Ind., would likely be the first president with student loan debt, owing $131,296.

Full disclosure - CP was the recipient of numerous grants, both Pell and otherwise, but always managed to keep his student debt in check, sometimes delaying the next round of classes until debt could be paid off, working 2 or 3 extra jobs while carrying 15-17 hours, but firmly believes that the debt one attains should be carefully weighed against the prospects of actually paying it off, and having incurred that debt, it is the full responsibility of the borrower, not the government, to honor the contractual obligation for repayment. Further, this post is not intended to reflect on Buttigieg's homosexuality or any claims concerning his Christianity by second or third party persons living, dead or otherwise or religious or news organizations, fake or otherwise, or his membership in or attendance at any church, mosque or synagogue which may nor many not teach or preach the actual tenants of the religion they claim to represent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

I'm going to report this false accusation of lying, because I have never said Buttigieg is NOT a Christian, and I am spreading no lies - I'm simply looking for evidence that Buttigieg, himself, claims to be a practicing Christian.
                      I didn’t say you did. I said that you claim Buttigieg isn’t a “REAL” Christian…as you define Christian.

Your link is about 'right wingers' spreading lies that Buttigieg is not a real Christian, and all it does is attack Christians just like you do - it provides NO evidence from Buttigieg that he claims to be a "practicing Christian".
                      Your entire argument is that Buttigieg is not a “real Christian”. By most accounts he clearly is. He seems to think he is. Your argument is no more than he doesn’t act like a Christian according to your understanding of Christianity. But then you as an Evangelical do not act like a true Christian according to the Roman Catholic Church. Friendly reminder: There are many denominations within Christianity and they exist because each believes the others have ‘got it wrong’.

All I'm doing is asking for evidence, from his own mouth, that he is a "practicing Christian", which was your claim
                      What “practicing Christian’ means is open to interpretation as has been discussed at length. This is merely a semantic argument promoted ad-nauseam by you because you have nothing else to offer.

Christianity is about salvation - Jesus clearly said, in the same chapter where he feeds a multitude of people....
                      Interesting that you focus on personal salvation, self-centered Evangelicals usually do.

I was actually under the impression that Jesus was equally focused on “love”. I seem to remember that Jesus said: “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. 35 By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” John 13:34-35

Buttigieg seems to understand this better than you, Pastor.

Buttigieg employs 'Cafeteria Christianity' kind of liberation theology to create the Jesus he wants to use on his campaign, and ignores the rest of scripture.
                      So, you obviously recognize that Buttigieg is a 'practicing Christian', albeit demoting him to a mere "cafeteria" one. OTOH Buttigieg rails against the 'Unbelievable Hypocrisy’ Of Evangelical Trump Supporters'.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/pete-...b0dca0330301c8

I think most people can agree with him there.
                      Last edited by Tassman; 06-09-2019, 12:42 AM.

Comment

And now for something totally different....

If elected, Buttigieg, 37, the mayor of South Bend, Ind., would likely be the first president with student loan debt, owing $131,296.

Full disclosure - CP was the recipient of numerous grants, both Pell and otherwise, but always managed to keep his student debt in check, sometimes delaying the next round of classes until debt could be paid off, working 2 or 3 extra jobs while carrying 15-17 hours, but firmly believes that the debt one attains should be carefully weighed against the prospects of actually paying it off, and having incurred that debt, it is the full responsibility of the borrower, not the government, to honor the contractual obligation for repayment. Further, this post is not intended to reflect on Buttigieg's homosexuality or any claims concerning his Christianity by second or third party persons living, dead or otherwise or religious or news organizations, fake or otherwise, or his membership in or attendance at any church, mosque or synagogue which may nor many not teach or preach the actual tenants* of the religion they claim to represent.
                        *tenets
                        1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                        ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                        Scripture before Tradition:
                        but that won't prevent others from
                        taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                        of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

I didn’t say you did. I said that you claim Buttigieg isn’t a “REAL” Christian…as you define Christian.
                          You falsely accused me of spreading lies. Name ONE.

Comment

• Originally posted by tabibito View Post
                            *tenets
                            indeed

Comment

Interesting that you focus on personal salvation...
                              Because that's why Jesus came into the world, you ninny.

Comment

You falsely accused me of spreading lies. Name ONE.
                                You have been erroneously wittering on about how Buttigieg lacks the credentials of a REAL Christian… “ignores scripture, lives in homosexual sin etc”. So, given you are right wing conservative, what part of the link is inaccurate? He considers himself a 'real Christian'.

Buttigieg criticized right-wing Christians for “saying so much about what Christ said so little about, and so little about what he said so much about”.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...mn/3342767002/
                                Last edited by Tassman; 06-09-2019, 11:53 PM.

Comment