Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Mayor Pete Attacks Trump's Faith...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
    I'm sorry.

I changified it into the same word you used, so now your quotation of me is correct.
    The arcane rule of thumb is that you can't use that word as a human body part, even though "butt" is the very same body part.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      But you don't believe in Jesus or the Golden Rule, so you didn't answer me at all.
      Yes, I did, you just don't wish to hear it. Reason, Sparko, Reason. The golden rule is based on reason.

You don't believe God set our morals.
      True, I don't believe in god, particularly the ones men created, which are the only ones we know of.
      You believe society does.
      Yes, I believe we set our own morals

So why would a society that decided to stone people for picking up sticks on Saturday be doing anything immoral in your opinion?
      Reason, Sparko, Reason. It's not reasonable to treat others in a way that you would not want them to treat you.
      Stop dodging.
      Human Reason.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        The arcane rule of thumb is that you can't use that word as a human body part, even though "butt" is the very same body part.
        I was under the impression that said word was allowed when referring to the animal, so my line of thought was that maybe it was allowed when referring to the body part as well.

Comment

I was under the impression that said word was allowed when referring to the animal, so my line of thought was that maybe it was allowed when referring to the body part as well.
          I wonder how big a trouble we'd be in if we used that word to refer to the ass's butt?
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

So... um, we have a rule that says thumbs can't be body parts?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

You're making fun of me cause I only have one.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

Don't thumb your nose at CP or he'll kick your butt.

Comment

Tassman: Argues X.

Tassman after getting his butt whooped on the question of X: "I never argued X. In fact, I have never argued for X ever in my entire life. I'm not even I've ever heard of X. Can anyone tell me what X is?"
                  Biggly.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                    Yes, I did, you just don't wish to hear it. Reason, Sparko, Reason. The golden rule is based on reason.
                    So you believe that morals are objectively true then. And that Jesus was right. Amazing.

So what if a society believed that picking up sticks was worthy of stoning, and they all decided that that is how they would like to be treated? Then it would be moral, right?

Yes, I believe we set our own morals
                    Then why are you complaining that this society set their morals to be "stoning for picking up sticks on the Sabbath?" They all agreed to it.

Reason, Sparko, Reason. It's not reasonable to treat others in a way that you would not want them to treat you.
                    Apparently they as a society wanted to be treated that way, that is why they made it a law. derp.

Just like we have a law that says people who murder others should end up in jail or be executed. I am sure the murderers don't agree with that, but as a society we do.

Human Reason.
                    You should try it sometime.

Comment

I wonder how big a trouble we'd be in if we used that word to refer to the ass's butt?
                      Funny that. "ass" was a euphonic shift from the actual word as a way of keeping it polite.
                      1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                      ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                      Scripture before Tradition:
                      but that won't prevent others from
                      taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                      of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Originally posted by tabibito View Post
                        Funny that. "ass" was a euphonic shift from the actual word as a way of keeping it polite.
                        Yup, and I'm amused at how different words are rated offensive in different parts of the US -- I said "Butt" once in East Texas, and was quickly admonished that was a bad word "we say hiney".

Comment

• Buttocks. There I said it!

Comment

• The last name of this particular candidate is a big test for my personal maturity.
                            "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

• Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                              The last name of this particular candidate is a big test for my personal maturity.
                              Me too.

I think that alone might preclude him from being elected.

Comment

• Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                                The last name of this particular candidate is a big test for my personal maturity.
                                The only way it would be funnier is if you added "-gle" to the end of the name.

Comment