Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Mayor Pete Attacks Trump's Faith...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Sorta kinda preaching to the choir so to speak.
    EGGzackly, kinda sorta almost.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      I had to attend an appreciate dinner for the Police Chaplain this afternoon, where there was a wide range of BBQ ribs, brisket, sausage, chicken... it would have been crass to refuse to partake of the bounty.
      And it would be only rude not to have several plate fulls so as to sample everything and not snub anyone.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

And it would be only rude not to have several plate fulls so as to sample everything and not snub anyone.
        Except, of course, when I got to the cheesecake, I told everybody "this stuff is really nasty - you'll wanna skip this and get one of those bran muffins instead".
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Except, of course, when I got to the cheesecake, I told everybody "this stuff is really nasty - you'll wanna skip this and get one of those bran muffins instead".
          Finished with, "let me get rid of this cheesecake for ya." combined with taking them to your vehicle for "disposal."

Pro tip: Always shake your head sadly and solemnly when saying that you'll make the sacrifice of disposing it

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Finished with, "let me get rid of this cheesecake for ya." combined with taking them to your vehicle for "disposal."

Pro tip: Always shake your head sadly and solemnly when saying that you'll make the sacrifice of disposing it
            And, yes, Mrs Wiggins will always ask, "and did you try some of my delicious rhubarb pie?"

Comment

Just looking out for their health, I see.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                Just looking out for their health, I see.
                Absolutely, and "taking one for the team" at great personal peril!

Comment

And, yes, Mrs Wiggins will always ask, "and did you try some of my delicious rhubarb pie?"
                  To which you respond "I made a beeline straight for it." Which of course conveniently skips over whether or not you actually ate any of it.

I hope Mrs. Wiggins doesn't read this or the jig is up. If so it's back to using the ice from your Coke to numb your taste buds as you gag down a bite.

Poop! If she read the first she'll obviously read the second

Comment

To which you respond "I made a beeline straight for it." Which of course conveniently skips over whether or not you actually ate any of it.
                    I would tell her, "It's just as good as ever" (thinking back to when I tried it back in 1997 and thought it was as good as bilge water) But she's a sweetie, and plays a mean organ!

Comment

I had to attend an appreciate dinner for the Police Chaplain this afternoon, where there was a wide range of BBQ ribs, brisket, sausage, chicken... it would have been crass to refuse to partake of the bounty.
                      In those sorts of situations (others are providing, and it's what's available) I partake with nary a twinge of conscience - I just try to not overdo it.
                      Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                      sigpic
                      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                        In those sorts of situations (others are providing, and it's what's available) I partake with nary a twinge of conscience - I just try to not overdo it.
                        My Momma would say "never cheat another person out of the opportunity to be a blessing!"

Comment

It's kinda like when there might be a low attendance on a Sunday Morning, and the preacher launches into a diatribe on the size of the crowd --- and I would think "Don't yell at ME, I'M HERE!!!!"
                          "Why should I work at being good all week only to go to church on Sunday and listen to the preacher tell me I'm going to hell?"
                          -Homer Simpson
                          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                            I've discussed church history enough with you that you're well aware just how inapt your accusation is here.
                            Yes, I remember. You were in denial about just how very late some of the crucial NT texts were. Enjoyable discussion.

You're not even bothering to pretend to have a reasonable discussion at this point;
                            all you're trying to do is get Cow Poke mad.

Comment

I quoted from their own leadership, Tassman. But do continue your twisted spin - it's rather amusing to watch.
                              What part of that statement said that the Episcopal Church is not Christian?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                                What part of that statement said that the Episcopal Church is not Christian?
                                The desperation with which you, an anti-Christian drama queen, attempt to paint a practicing homosexual as a "practicing Christian" is amusing.

Comment