Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Mayor Pete Attacks Trump's Faith...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
    And you accuse me of being a drama queen.
    Merely an observation you constantly confirm.

I am.

Buttigieg has referenced, many times....
    Your claim was that he himself claimed to be a "practicing Christian". Need I post all those claims of yours AGAIN?

Now, it's time to put up or shut up. Let's use the JimL standard...

Originally posted by JimL View Post
    Okay, show me the actual quote made by the presiding Bishop herself, not someone elses testimony of what she said.
    Show me the actual quote made by Buttigieg, not your own 'testimony' of what he said.

Thanks

Prediction -- either evasion or obfuscation, but no actual answer.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
      He already gave it to you. He said that he believes in god and that he is a member* of the Episcopalian church. That means he's a christian.
      Jimmy, believing in God and hanging around the Episcopal Church doesn't make somebody a Christian any more than believing in flight and hanging around an airport makes somebody a pilot.

*no proof has been offered that Buttigieg ever joined the Episcopal Church (it's not the "Episcopalian Church", Jimmy)
      In fact, there's no evidence that Buttigieg even hangs around the Episcopal Church any longer.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        I do, and you can actually find quotes of me claiming to be. The same cannot be said for Buttigieg.

How bout you ask Tassman to back up his claim, Jimmy. Maybe he'll listen to you.

And let's use the standard you used here:

We'd need the actual quote made by Buttigieg himself, not Tassman's 'testimony' of what he said.
        Oh, so as long as Buttigeig says he's a christian, that's good enough for you? He says he's Epicopalian, Episcopalians are christians. Give it up you, CP.

Comment

Jimmy, believing in God and hanging around the Episcopal Church doesn't make somebody a Christian any more than believing in flight and hanging around an airport makes somebody a pilot.

*no proof has been offered that Buttigieg ever joined the Episcopal Church (it's not the "Episcopalian Church", Jimmy)
          In fact, there's no evidence that Buttigieg even hangs around the Episcopal Church any longer.
          Saying you're a christian doesn't make you one either CP, so I don't believe you are one. What about that?

Comment

• There's only one standard for Christianity: to confess with the mouth that Jesus is Lord, and to believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              There's only one standard for Christianity: to confess with the mouth that Jesus is Lord, and to believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead.
              So, Buttigieg like most christians is a little bit nutty. What are you going to do?

Comment

So, Buttigieg like most christians is a little bit nutty. What are you going to do?
                Sounds like you're ready to give up on Tassman's claim, Jimmy.

Comment

Saying you're a christian doesn't make you one either CP, so I don't believe you are one. What about that?
                  It matters not to me what an anti-Christian internet thinks, Jimmy.

But when Tassman declares somebody a "practicing Christian", that's golden, eh?

Comment

There's only one standard for Christianity: to confess with the mouth that Jesus is Lord, and to believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead.
                    It is even so; such as meet those conditions shall be saved.

Edited to add:

Or is it even so?
                    Last edited by tabibito; 05-27-2019, 09:57 AM.
                    1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                    ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                    Scripture before Tradition:
                    but that won't prevent others from
                    taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                    of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

No such statement from Buttigieg appears to be on record or forthcoming.

Comment

No such statement from Buttigieg appears to be on record or forthcoming.
                        True. A person would have to confess (not merely profess) that Jesus is his lord, and of course, believe that God raised him from the dead.

As you note: no such claim has been forthcoming - much less any demonstration that the claim, if stated, would be true.
                        1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                        ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Originally posted by tabibito View Post
                          True. A person would have to confess (not merely profess) that Jesus is his lord, and of course, believe that God raised him from the dead.

As you note: no such claim has been forthcoming - much less any demonstration that the claim, if stated, would be true.
                          Yeah right, and CP, though he says he's a christian Pastor, for all we know he may very well be a satan worshipper.

Comment

Yeah right, and CP, though he says he's a christian Pastor, for all we know he may very well be a satan worshipper.
                            CP has his faults, no-one doesn't. I'll argue that the experienced reality doesn't reflect the potential, but I won't deny the reality: it just highlights the fact that no-one does all that he can.

On the plus side, where CP is concerned, all evidence says that he puts his money where his mouth is. His commitment to Christ is more than satisfactorily demonstrated. That isn't saying I don't sometimes find some of his comments appalling - but I read over some of my comments at times and have the same reaction.
                            ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Originally posted by tabibito View Post
                              CP has his faults, no-one doesn't. I'll argue that the experienced reality doesn't reflect the potential, but I won't deny the reality: it just highlights the fact that no-one does all that he can.

On the plus side, where CP is concerned, all evidence says that he puts his money where his mouth is. His commitment to Christ is more than satisfactorily demonstrated. That isn't saying I don't sometimes find some of his comments appalling - but I read over some of my comments at times and have the same reaction.
                              And, as everybody knows, this thread is all about me!

Comment

And, as everybody knows, this thread is all about me!
                                Only by treaty - and you know how long they last.
                                ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment