Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Mayor Pete Attacks Trump's Faith...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    And in ZERO of those quotes did he ever claim to be a "practicing Christian".

So Buttigieg belongs (that hasn't been proven, actually - he "more or less" identifies with the Episcopal church) to an organization that pretty much believes anything goes, and whose national leadership openly mocked God, the trinity, and pretty much all things Christians hold dear, doesn't believe prayer is worth his time, and Buttigieg himself advocates for abortion at any stage of pregnancy.

No wonder you love him.
    Tazzy loves Christians that are only Christians in name only? I’m shocked.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
      At least Buttigieg has a military record. I guess he was just incredibly lucky not to have bone spurs in his foot to prevent him serving his country.
      Liberals are so entertaining. Tazzy’s buddy Starlight attack’s me for my long military service and not a peep from Tazzy about it. I wish they would make up their mind if military service is bad or not.
      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

At least Buttigieg has a military record. I guess he was just incredibly lucky not to have bone spurs in his foot to prevent him serving his country.
        No comment about Biden's illustrious military career?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Or Kerry’s treatment of his military medals.
          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

...if you consider mindless repetition to be consistency.
            Oh the irony of that statement!

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
              Liberals are so entertaining. Tazzy’s buddy Starlight attack’s me for my long military service and not a peep from Tazzy about it. I wish they would make up their mind if military service is bad or not.
              It's only good if you are liberal, gay and running for office it appears.

Comment

Well, that would be YOUR contribution, so ....

Semantics.
                Not even.

What Buttigieg said was very much like “practicing Christian” as that term is generally understood...as has been previously linked several times.
                You are so amusing.... "No, Buttigieg didn't actually use those words, or anything really like it, but lots of people put those words in his mouth, so that counts!!! Semantics!!!"

No, my "long established argument has been: "...that there’s often a conflict of scriptural interpretation between Christians"(#110) for which I provided numerous examples. .
                That's your new and REVISED "long established argument" since you can't prove your ORIGINAL "long established argument". And, NO, you have ZERO proof that Buttigieg ever even REFERENCED the verses in question, let alone came up with any kind of "interpretation" for them --- He just flat out IGNORES the parts of scripture that condemn his chosen lifestyle.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  Or the others mentioned who have a more outstanding record than Buttigieg, while he's claiming to be the bestest?
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                    Oh the irony of that statement!
                    I had to laugh at that, myself. It's part and parcel of his unique "charm".

Comment

I had to laugh at that, myself. It's part and parcel of his unique "charm".
                      But is Tassman a practicing atheist?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
                        No, my "long established argument has been: "...that there’s often a conflict of scriptural interpretation between Christians"(#110) for which I provided numerous examples. .
                        Here is post #110 in its entirety:
                        Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
                        By which you mean, presumably, YOUR judgement. The Buttigieg’s of this world obviously think differently.

Merely noting that there’s often a conflict of scriptural interpretation between Christians.
                        I must say, I find the "numerous examples" overwhelming.
                        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                          But is Tassman a practicing atheist?
                          And a very practiced kabuki dancer!

But ya gotta hand him this --- he's FAR more eloquent in his distortions and contortions than most any other anti-Christian bigot we usually see. Sometimes, I just have to pause a moment and marvel at his wordcraft!

Comment

That's not an argument. At most it's a minor premise in an actual argument. By itself it doesn't prove anything of substance.

Comment

You are so amusing.... "No, Buttigieg didn't actually use those words, or anything really like it, but lots of people put those words in his mouth, so that counts!!! Semantics!!!"

Yes “semantics”.

My claim, supported by several links, was that Buttigieg considers himself a practicing Episcopalian and committed to the essential message of Christianity as he understands it to be.

“he cites deep Episcopal faith in a way that values voters could understand. (He attends Episcopal Cathedral of St. James in South Bend.) “There is just a way to bring it back to the values that are actually discussed the most in scripture”

https://www.indianapolismonthly.com/...tigieg-feature

It is you who limits “practicing Christian” to the Evangelical sense of the word…but this is not how liberal Christians like Buttigieg use it. In fact, many “practicing Christians” do not. This, apparently is sufficient for you to deny that such people are “real” Christians.

“When I got back to South Bend and was looking for a church home, I found in (the Episcopal Cathedral of) St. James this faith community that really takes seriously that it's urban, that it's part of a city. And just very quickly felt drawn to that community. And now for about 10 years it's been my faith home. So, it was important for me to be married in the church. And when Chasten and I go together I think it brings us closer together. It was a mix of faith but also of community that really made it the right place to be. And, of course, the fact that we were welcome”.

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/04/02/o...eck/index.html

It’s pretty clear that Buttigieg views himself as a Christian and an Episcopalian. YOU think he's got it wrong, that's your prerogative but Buttigieg (and the majority of US Christians) obviously disagrees.
                              Last edited by Tassman; 06-04-2019, 11:46 PM.
                              “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Yes “semantics”.

My claim, supported by several links, was that Buttigieg considers himself a practicing Episcopalian and committed to the essential message of Christianity as he understands it to be.
                                Then I'm a practicing atheist as I understand it to be. I just believe in one more God than you, that's all.
                                ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment