Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Mayor Pete Attacks Trump's Faith...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ke7ejx View Post
    I'm one of them.
    And my most very FAVORITE of them!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
      So why did CP, in full knowledge that Buttigieg was a practicing homosexual ,
      That's his own personal testimony, Tassman. He has made that claim himself. It's not just something the media or the left or the right cooked up about him, and he is very public about it. There is no disagreement about that whatsoever.
      A) He claims to be gay, and proud of it.
      2) He is openly living with a man, proving it's not just talk.
      Case closed

PS.... and it's not "was", but "is", obviously.

(having previously railed against it with links as being NOT Christian)
      "Railed against it"? There's our dear little drama queen again. I have clearly stated that the Bible teaches that homosexuality is a sin. Choosing a lifestyle that is sinful is not the same as committing a sin and showing remorse. Celebrating the fact that you are living in sin is rather self-condemning.

say in #1147: “I don't know that Buttigieg IS a "practicing Christian", and I do not know that he is not, nor have I ever declared him not to be”?
      Correct -- I have my doubts, but I can't know that he is NOT a Christian. I'm fairly certain, based on what I know thus far, that he is not a "practicing" Christian, but I'm still open to be shown otherwise.

A) He doesn't ever seem to claim, personally, to be a practicing Christian, and doesn't appear to be the least bit proud of it.
      2) He is not openly professing that the Bible is true, or doesn't seem to be attending Church faithfully, doesn't seem to believe in prayer...
      Case wide open

Well, yes he has.
      Then you should be able to post an actual quote of mine - using the quote function, not just your frazzled imagination or deceptive paraphrasing - that I actually said whatever it is you are claiming I said.

Poor CP
      Actually, I'm quite well off, and will be even moreso in the afterlife.

seems to have got himself into a bit of a bind.
      Then, you'd be able to produce proof of this, yes? Not just another whole load of dramaqueenery?

No wonder he’s dredged up the “committed Christian” bit again.
      I actually chuckled out loud at this one. You're working yourself into a Tizzy, Tassy.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Btw, you should probably understand that evangelical and Episcopal are not mutually exclusive terms as you vainly contend. There are numerous evangelical Episcopalians out there.
        As I'm discovering with our local Methodists, there appears to be a pretty wide chasm between what the "higher ups" think and believe, and what our local Methodist congregants think and believe. As surprised as I was to discover the former head of the Episcopal Church mocking the very fundamentals of the Christian faith, my "go to Episcopal" friend in town denounced her rather quickly and heatedly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          As I'm discovering with our local Methodists, there appears to be a pretty wide chasm between what the "higher ups" think and believe, and what our local Methodist congregants think and believe. As surprised as I was to discover the former head of the Episcopal Church mocking the very fundamentals of the Christian faith, my "go to Episcopal" friend in town denounced her rather quickly and heatedly.
          But why stay in a denomination where the very leadership is corrupt?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            But why stay in a denomination where the very leadership is corrupt?
            That was something I wrestled with back in the 80's with the SBC, which was turning more and more liberal, particularly our State convention -- I chose to stay and fight. I joined the Southern Baptist of Texas (State SBC group) and abandoned the existing State group - the Baptist General Convention of Texas. It was worth it.

Comment

• Fun fact:

Tass, speaking of drama, did you know that Buttigieg's 'husband' was a drama major?

Comment

That was something I wrestled with back in the 80's with the SBC, which was turning more and more liberal, particularly our State convention -- I chose to stay and fight. I joined the Southern Baptist of Texas (State SBC group) and abandoned the existing State group - the Baptist General Convention of Texas. It was worth it.
                I can understand fighting to change it back, but not just sitting in a denomination, taking it without doing anything proactive. Is your friend working to change things?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                  There are many reports that Buttigieg regards himself as a practicing Christian as he understands that to be.
                  Produce one.

Comment

I can understand fighting to change it back, but not just sitting in a denomination, taking it without doing anything proactive. Is your friend working to change things?
                    Actually, that friend has pretty well given up, and is considering a move.

Several of my Methodist friends, however, seem to be preparing to mount opposition to their leadership on the whole same-sex thing, as well as other issues. The Methodists pretty much gave an ultimatum to either "get with the program" (regarding banning same-sex leadership) of leave the denomination by 2020. The local pastor decided it was time to 'pack up and leave' the denomination. One of my Methodist friends told me "she can pack up and leave if she wants to, but the Church is staying put!"

Comment

And, as far as I know, the SBC is the only major denomination to begin the "liberal drift", but come back to a conservative resurgence. And I helped.

Comment

Actually, that friend has pretty well given up, and is considering a move.
                        I know of entire Episcopal parishes which have moved to Orthodox/Catholic/Old Catholic (I believe kiwimac is one of those).
                        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                        sigpic
                        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Would it be inappropriate to mention that the Episcopalian Church causes a lot of head shaking against other members of the Anglican Communion in the rest of the world?
                          1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                          ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                          Scripture before Tradition:
                          but that won't prevent others from
                          taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                          of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                            I know of entire Episcopal parishes which have moved to Orthodox/Catholic/Old Catholic (I believe kiwimac is one of those).
                            If kiwimac is representative of Old Catholic, then that doesn't really sound like a move in a less liberal direction.

Comment

• Originally posted by Adrift View Post
                              If kiwimac is representative of Old Catholic, then that doesn't really sound like a move in a less liberal direction.
                              Agreed. I don't think he's especially representative of Old Catholic, but there are splinter Anglican/Episcopal parishes in communion with them.
                              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                              sigpic
                              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by tabibito View Post
                                Would it be inappropriate to mention that the Episcopalian Church causes a lot of head shaking against other members of the Anglican Communion in the rest of the world?
                                Every time I read Anglican, I think "angler" and want to go fishing.

Comment