Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Mayor Pete Attacks Trump's Faith...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
    Are you suggesting that Buttigieg doesn't claim to be Christian. Or, just that he doesn't meet your criteria of what constitutes a REAL Christian?
    Well then, show us exactly where Buttigieg himself says that he is a Christian. smiley waiting-impatient.gif

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Well then, show us exactly where Buttigieg himself says that he is a Christian.
      Buttigieg often speaks of his faith and his involvement with the Episcopal Church and there have been many links in this thread to that effect including:

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/04/23/p...rty/index.html

"It can be challenging to be a person of faith who's also part of the LGBTQ community and yet, to me, the core of faith is regard for one another," Buttigieg said. "And part of God's love is experienced, according to my faith tradition, is in the way that we support one another and, in particular, support the least among us."
      “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Are you suggesting that Buttigieg doesn't claim to be Christian.
        Are you NEW to this thread, Tassy, or have you recently had a stroke? Same thing I have said consistently throughout this thread --- I'm asking for any statement from his own mouth that he is.

Or, just that he doesn't meet your criteria of what constitutes a REAL Christian?
        Find a quote from Buttigieg, Tassman. That's been the challenge all along.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Well then, show us exactly where Buttigieg himself says that he is a Christian. [ATTACH=CONFIG]37711[/ATTACH]
          That request has not changed one iota.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Buttigieg often speaks of his faith and his involvement with the Episcopal Church and there have been many links in this thread to that effect including:

"It can be challenging to be a person of faith who's also part of the LGBTQ community and yet, to me, the core of faith is regard for one another," Buttigieg said. "And part of God's love is experienced, according to my faith tradition, is in the way that we support one another and, in particular, support the least among us."
            So, that's the VERY BEST you can do? Buttigieg rambling on in a very general way about "faith", but never claiming to be a Christian, or a Christ follower, or a "practicing Christian", or a "committed Christian"......

And you're wrong about him speaking often about his "involvement with the Episcopal Church" -- he was simply "drawn there" and "feels himself more-or-less Anglican".

Comment

It's common knowledge that Pence is a Dominionist , there are many references including:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...st/1062696002/
              It is SOMEWHAT well known that his critics often CLAIM he is a Dominionist.
              Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                It is SOMEWHAT well known that his critics often CLAIM he is a Dominionist.
                In Tassman's world, that's all that counts. He is given to much rumor, conjecture and speculation, the juicier the better, and totally disregards fact.

ETA: So, that 'article' is basically a book review of a hit piece on Pence. NICE WORK, Tassy, and SO worthy of you.
                Last edited by Cow Poke; 06-15-2019, 07:57 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                  As it happens, I wasn't playing OR being dishonest. Keep guessing, Mr. Mindreader who hates when others do that to him.
                  OBP - it does not take "mind reading" to note when someone posts "Originally posted by X" and then places in that box something X didn't say. Since you had to do that intentionally (unless you are a bot?), then you posted a lie. I called it out. Do with that what you wish. You can simply continue the "Carpe takes himself too seriously" (or other) theme, or you can acknowledge it and stop doing it.

Up to you.

(I'm sure that will probably earn me another binkie from Moss... )
                  Last edited by carpedm9587; 06-15-2019, 09:15 AM.
                  The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    As he said, Carpe --- you take yourself WAY too seriously.
                    Your opinion is duly noted.
                    The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

• Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
                      Your opinion is duly noted.
                      Your notation of my opinion is duly noted.

Comment

Your notation of my opinion is duly noted.
                        Your notation of my notation of your opinion is duly noted.

Comment

• Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
                          Your notation of my notation of your opinion is duly noted.
                          You can have the last word.

Comment

• One of the things that we apparently can attribute to Buttigieg saying directly (it's an actual quote) is...

"I get that one of the things about Scripture is different people see different things in it," he said. "But, at the very least we should be able to establish that God does not have a political party."

Ironic that the Democrat Party kicked God out some time ago, and in 2012 couldn't even agree to allow Him back in without some chicanery (declaring a "yes" vote where 2/3 vote was required, and the "no" votes were equally as loud, if not louder, than the "yes" votes).

Democrats’ Efforts To Reinsert ‘God’ And ‘Jerusalem’ Into Platform Met With Loud Opposition (VIDEO)

Comment

One of the things that we apparently can attribute to Buttigieg saying directly (it's an actual quote) is...

"I get that one of the things about Scripture is different people see different things in it," he said. "But, at the very least we should be able to establish that God does not have a political party."

Ironic that the Democrat Party kicked God out some time ago, and in 2012 couldn't even agree to allow Him back in without some chicanery (declaring a "yes" vote where 2/3 vote was required, and the "no" votes were equally as loud, if not louder, than the "yes" votes).

Democrats’ Efforts To Reinsert ‘God’ And ‘Jerusalem’ Into Platform Met With Loud Opposition (VIDEO)
                              Also ironic that his 'God that doesn't have a party' presumably wants all His good children to vote Democrat, or more specifically Buttigieg. If he really thought God didn't have a party, he wouldn't be making a deal out of his religiousity.
                              ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

Sounds like what a semi-agnostic theist could say. Where does he ever proclaim that he is a Christian? Generally those of us who are Christian are quite open about it and take nearly any opportunity to proclaim our faith. IOW, you don't have to parse language and words from dozens of different statements to cobble up something that maybe, could be, possibly, is something sorta kinda like a statement of faith.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment