Page 98 of 205 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108148198 ... LastLast

Thread: Mayor Pete Attacks Trump's Faith...

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    Buttigieg claims to be Episcopalian,
    So? I know people who claim to be lots of things, but he never claims - that I have found - that he's a Christian. Somebody can claim a religious denomination without being a Christian.

and he credits god for his sexual orientation.
    Based on what scripture? The same scripture that condemns his extremist views on abortion?

That is a person who believes in god, a creator, and who is a member of a christian church.
    None of which makes a person a Christian.

give it up, CP.
    Just show me where Buttigieg actually claims to be a Christian, rather than being proclaimed one by a couple of anti-Christian bigots using incredibly inept arguments.
    I have called you my friends.... Jesus
    Jn 15:15

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Maybe, but...

A) I have never stated Buttigieg is not a Christian
    2) Tassman has never once posted anything that shows that Buttigieg himself claims that he is.

To be clear - I don't think anybody will find me declare somebody is NOT a Christian if they claim to be, but when they make no such claim, and there is no 'fruit', I have every reason - even an obligation - to ask.
    Buttigieg's own comments maybe don't make an explicit claim - but they are tailored so as to make the implication.

ETA

Having just noticed that bit about him claiming to be Episcopalian ... but they are very strongly tailored so as to make that implication.
    1 Cor 15:34 εκνηψατε δικαιως και μη αμαρτανετε αγνωσιαν γαρ θεου τινες εχουσιν προς εντροπην υμιν λεγω

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by tabibito View Post
    Buttigieg's own comments maybe don't make an explicit claim - but they are tailored so as to make the implication.

ETA

Having just noticed that bit about him claiming to be Episcopalian ... but they are very strongly tailored so as to make that implication.
    Tassman's entire screed has been that Buttigieg is a "practicing Christian", and that Buttigieg made that claim himself. I don't even find anywhere that Buttigieg claims, himself, to be an Episcopalian, but that he kinda was drawn to that "faith community" because of their acceptance.

What's your strongest evidence that Buttigieg himself claims to be a Christian?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Maybe, but...

A) I have never stated Buttigieg is not a Christian
    2) Tassman has never once posted anything that shows that Buttigieg himself claims that he is.

To be clear - I don't think anybody will find me declare somebody is NOT a Christian if they claim to be, but when they make no such claim, and there is no 'fruit', I have every reason - even an obligation - to ask.
    I can accept that someone is a Christian but is not living according to the Bible. God knows there are plenty of times in my life when I fit that description.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    I can accept that someone is a Christian but is not living according to the Bible. God knows there are plenty of times in my life when I fit that description.
    Sure - but when a person never claims to be a Christian in the first place, and chooses a lifestyle that places themselves in direct violation of the teachings of the Bible...

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Sure - but when a person never claims to be a Christian in the first place, and chooses a lifestyle that places themselves in direct violation of the teachings of the Bible...
    Well, yes, there is a difference between knowing you've sinned and regretting it, and embracing your sin and twisting scripture to justify it.

Let's put it this way: If he ever claims to be a Christian, I'll take it as seriously as he does.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Well, yes, there is a difference between knowing you've sinned and regretting it, and embracing your sin and twisting scripture to justify it.
    In his case, however, I don't find anywhere at all that he even considers the relevant verses about homosexuality. I don't see him making any attempt to "interpret them" (as was Tassman's claim) in any manner - he appears to simply ignore them.

Let's put it this way: If he ever claims to a Christian, I'll take it as seriously as he does.
    If he ever claimed to be a "practicing Christian" (that's been Tassman's claim all along) then it'd be fair to look at what he 'practices'. As noted before, on his official website, there is ZERO reference to his faith, salvation, Christianity, church, religion, prayer, scripture....

I think what's happening is that the left is crowning him a Christian because, as a homosexual, that's about the only kind of Christian they could accept.

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    So? I know people who claim to be lots of things, but he never claims - that I have found - that he's a Christian. Somebody can claim a religious denomination without being a Christian.

Based on what scripture? The same scripture that condemns his extremist views on abortion?

None of which makes a person a Christian.

Just show me where Buttigieg actually claims to be a Christian, rather than being proclaimed one by a couple of anti-Christian bigots using incredibly inept arguments.
    You can't even make sense. You can't believe in god, belong to a christian church, and not believe yourself to be a christian. while you're behind!

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimLamebrain View Post
    You can't even make sense. You can't believe in god, belong to a christian church, and not believe yourself to be a christian. while you're behind!

That's as dumb as saying you can't go to McDonald's without believing yourself to be a hamburger!

10. Amen Cow Poke amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    So this is your typical jackass way of admitting you can't find a single claim from Buttigieg that he's a practicing Christian? That's been Tassman's claim, JimmyPoo.