Page 98 of 205 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108148198 ... LastLast
Results 971 to 980 of 2042

Thread: Mayor Pete Attacks Trump's Faith...

  1. #971
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    51,642
    Amen (Given)
    11164
    Amen (Received)
    23894
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    Buttigieg claims to be Episcopalian,
    So? I know people who claim to be lots of things, but he never claims - that I have found - that he's a Christian. Somebody can claim a religious denomination without being a Christian.

    and he credits god for his sexual orientation.
    Based on what scripture? The same scripture that condemns his extremist views on abortion?

    That is a person who believes in god, a creator, and who is a member of a christian church.
    None of which makes a person a Christian.

    give it up, CP.
    Just show me where Buttigieg actually claims to be a Christian, rather than being proclaimed one by a couple of anti-Christian bigots using incredibly inept arguments.
    I have called you my friends.... Jesus
    Jn 15:15

  2. #972
    tWebber tabibito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    DownUnder
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,958
    Amen (Given)
    202
    Amen (Received)
    851
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Maybe, but...

    A) I have never stated Buttigieg is not a Christian
    2) Tassman has never once posted anything that shows that Buttigieg himself claims that he is.

    To be clear - I don't think anybody will find me declare somebody is NOT a Christian if they claim to be, but when they make no such claim, and there is no 'fruit', I have every reason - even an obligation - to ask.
    Buttigieg's own comments maybe don't make an explicit claim - but they are tailored so as to make the implication.

    ETA

    Having just noticed that bit about him claiming to be Episcopalian ... but they are very strongly tailored so as to make that implication.
    1 Cor 15:34 εκνηψατε δικαιως και μη αμαρτανετε αγνωσιαν γαρ θεου τινες εχουσιν προς εντροπην υμιν λεγω

  3. #973
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    51,642
    Amen (Given)
    11164
    Amen (Received)
    23894
    Quote Originally Posted by tabibito View Post
    Buttigieg's own comments maybe don't make an explicit claim - but they are tailored so as to make the implication.

    ETA

    Having just noticed that bit about him claiming to be Episcopalian ... but they are very strongly tailored so as to make that implication.
    Tassman's entire screed has been that Buttigieg is a "practicing Christian", and that Buttigieg made that claim himself. I don't even find anywhere that Buttigieg claims, himself, to be an Episcopalian, but that he kinda was drawn to that "faith community" because of their acceptance.

    What's your strongest evidence that Buttigieg himself claims to be a Christian?
    I have called you my friends.... Jesus
    Jn 15:15

  4. #974
    tWebber Mountain Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    United States
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    15,881
    Amen (Given)
    5514
    Amen (Received)
    5461
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Maybe, but...

    A) I have never stated Buttigieg is not a Christian
    2) Tassman has never once posted anything that shows that Buttigieg himself claims that he is.

    To be clear - I don't think anybody will find me declare somebody is NOT a Christian if they claim to be, but when they make no such claim, and there is no 'fruit', I have every reason - even an obligation - to ask.
    I can accept that someone is a Christian but is not living according to the Bible. God knows there are plenty of times in my life when I fit that description.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God


    From "Fools Gold" by Petra

  5. #975
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    51,642
    Amen (Given)
    11164
    Amen (Received)
    23894
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    I can accept that someone is a Christian but is not living according to the Bible. God knows there are plenty of times in my life when I fit that description.
    Sure - but when a person never claims to be a Christian in the first place, and chooses a lifestyle that places themselves in direct violation of the teachings of the Bible...
    I have called you my friends.... Jesus
    Jn 15:15

  6. #976
    tWebber Mountain Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    United States
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    15,881
    Amen (Given)
    5514
    Amen (Received)
    5461
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Sure - but when a person never claims to be a Christian in the first place, and chooses a lifestyle that places themselves in direct violation of the teachings of the Bible...
    Well, yes, there is a difference between knowing you've sinned and regretting it, and embracing your sin and twisting scripture to justify it.

    Let's put it this way: If he ever claims to be a Christian, I'll take it as seriously as he does.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God


    From "Fools Gold" by Petra

  7. #977
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    51,642
    Amen (Given)
    11164
    Amen (Received)
    23894
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Well, yes, there is a difference between knowing you've sinned and regretting it, and embracing your sin and twisting scripture to justify it.
    In his case, however, I don't find anywhere at all that he even considers the relevant verses about homosexuality. I don't see him making any attempt to "interpret them" (as was Tassman's claim) in any manner - he appears to simply ignore them.

    Let's put it this way: If he ever claims to a Christian, I'll take it as seriously as he does.
    If he ever claimed to be a "practicing Christian" (that's been Tassman's claim all along) then it'd be fair to look at what he 'practices'. As noted before, on his official website, there is ZERO reference to his faith, salvation, Christianity, church, religion, prayer, scripture....

    I think what's happening is that the left is crowning him a Christian because, as a homosexual, that's about the only kind of Christian they could accept.
    I have called you my friends.... Jesus
    Jn 15:15

  8. #978
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    12,392
    Amen (Given)
    1555
    Amen (Received)
    1421
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    So? I know people who claim to be lots of things, but he never claims - that I have found - that he's a Christian. Somebody can claim a religious denomination without being a Christian.



    Based on what scripture? The same scripture that condemns his extremist views on abortion?



    None of which makes a person a Christian.



    Just show me where Buttigieg actually claims to be a Christian, rather than being proclaimed one by a couple of anti-Christian bigots using incredibly inept arguments.
    You can't even make sense. You can't believe in god, belong to a christian church, and not believe yourself to be a christian. while you're behind!

  9. #979
    tWebber Mountain Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    United States
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    15,881
    Amen (Given)
    5514
    Amen (Received)
    5461
    Quote Originally Posted by JimLamebrain View Post
    You can't even make sense. You can't believe in god, belong to a christian church, and not believe yourself to be a christian. while you're behind!


    That's as dumb as saying you can't go to McDonald's without believing yourself to be a hamburger!
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God


    From "Fools Gold" by Petra

  10. Amen Cow Poke amen'd this post.
  11. #980
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    51,642
    Amen (Given)
    11164
    Amen (Received)
    23894
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    You can't even make sense. You can't believe in god, belong to a christian church, and not believe yourself to be a christian. while you're behind!
    So this is your typical jackass way of admitting you can't find a single claim from Buttigieg that he's a practicing Christian? That's been Tassman's claim, JimmyPoo.
    I have called you my friends.... Jesus
    Jn 15:15

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •