Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: LDS Church to allow baptisms, blessings for children of LGBT parents

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Wow, THIS from the article you posted...

God clearly commanded the original policy that denied baptism for children of LBGTQ parents. But as we all know, even the man upstairs makes mistakes sometimes. All of us, including God, are all on a path to greater knowledge, perfection, and glory. When God repents, the prophet has a sacred duty to take the fall for him.

This pretty much defines the Mormon "God" -- a fallible being who makes mistakes, and hopes to learn from them.

We saw that every time Joseph Smith came up with a "thus saith the Lord", then had to backtrack and "ok, THIS is 'what saith the Lord' now - forget that earlier proclaimation". (like the whole polygamy scam)
    And, for the record, I realize this [the quoted part in the box] was Michael Flournoy's somewhat facetious characterization of the Mormon position, but I thought it was pretty much spot on!

(Let it be known that Flournoy was a Mormon who came to know the REAL Jesus in 2016)
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

Faith
    Israelite / Yahwist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Why should the children of such parents be denied baptism? Punish the children?

God bless the USA. Ack!! Bill the Cat's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by YHWH RULES View Post
    Why should the children of such parents be denied baptism? Punish the children?
    That's Mormonism for you...

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals --- Manya the Holy Szin --- The Quintara Marathon ---

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common --- Stephen R. Donaldson ---

4. Amen ke7ejx amen'd this post.