Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LDS Church to allow baptisms, blessings for children of LGBT parents

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    They are losing members in Utah. They had to change their doctrine to slow the hemorrhage
    I think this will have the opposite effect. They might gain some liberal members, but conservative mormons will reject this and leave. In the end, the LDS church will become a bunch of liberals and self-destruct.

High Priestess of the Pot Stirrers ke7ejx's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    I don't see how the LDS church can continue to exist much longer. By trying to please everyone, they will end up being nothing.
    From your fingers to God's eyes. Nelson's other talk made me so ticked that I started crying.
    I am Punkinhead.

"I have missed you, Oh Grand High Priestess of the Order of the Stirring Pot"

~ Cow Poke aka CP aka Creacher aka ke7ejx's apprentice....

God, family, chicken! Bill the Cat's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    My daughter Faith just came back from Utah and got to visit the Welcome Center to ask the sisters a few questions. She asked about this, and they hemmed and hawed about "continual revelation", and she asked why God kept changing his mind.

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals --- Manya the Holy Szin --- The Quintara Marathon ---

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common --- Stephen R. Donaldson ---

4. Amen Cow Poke amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    My daughter Faith just came back from Utah and got to visit the Welcome Center to ask the sisters a few questions. She asked about this, and they hemmed and hawed about "continual revelation", and she asked why God kept changing his mind.
    yep continuing revelation would be new revelation that added to old revelation, not outright contradicted it.

Faith
    Reformed Baptist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I wonder if this will even changed their revelation on Baptisms for the Dead and include LGBT members who have passed.

Undergraduate
    Faith
    Southern Baptist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Hey guys, it's been quite a while since I've been here. It's nice to see that TWEB is still running. I found this article a little while back that's a very good commentary on the topic of this thread.

https://beggarsbread.org/2019/04/08/...elson-a-break/

8. Amen mossrose amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown Cat View Post
    Hey guys, it's been quite a while since I've been here. It's nice to see that TWEB is still running. I found this article a little while back that's a very good commentary on the topic of this thread.

https://beggarsbread.org/2019/04/08/...elson-a-break/
    Welcome back, BC!!!
    I have called you my friends.... Jesus
    Jn 15:15

Undergraduate
    Faith
    Southern Baptist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Thanks, CP. It's good to see you again

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown Cat View Post
    Thanks, CP. It's good to see you again
    Wow, THIS from the article you posted...

God clearly commanded the original policy that denied baptism for children of LBGTQ parents. But as we all know, even the man upstairs makes mistakes sometimes. All of us, including God, are all on a path to greater knowledge, perfection, and glory. When God repents, the prophet has a sacred duty to take the fall for him.

This pretty much defines the Mormon "God" -- a fallible being who makes mistakes, and hopes to learn from them.

We saw that every time Joseph Smith came up with a "thus saith the Lord", then had to backtrack and "ok, THIS is 'what saith the Lord' now - forget that earlier proclaimation". (like the whole polygamy scam)
    I have called you my friends.... Jesus
    Jn 15:15

Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Wow, THIS from the article you posted...

God clearly commanded the original policy that denied baptism for children of LBGTQ parents. But as we all know, even the man upstairs makes mistakes sometimes. All of us, including God, are all on a path to greater knowledge, perfection, and glory. When God repents, the prophet has a sacred duty to take the fall for him.

This pretty much defines the Mormon "God" -- a fallible being who makes mistakes, and hopes to learn from them.

We saw that every time Joseph Smith came up with a "thus saith the Lord", then had to backtrack and "ok, THIS is 'what saith the Lord' now - forget that earlier proclaimation". (like the whole polygamy scam)
    That's what happens when you base beliefs on lies. You have to keep making up new stuff, and then it gets hard to remember what you said before.

It's the height of blasphemy to say that God makes mistakes. But better the fault be with Him than with man, of course.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

13. Amen Cow Poke amen'd this post.