Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

AOC Pulls a Hillary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AOC Pulls a Hillary

'She pulled a Hillary': Critics mock AOC for 'affecting an accent' while speaking to a mostly black audience in NYC alongside Al Sharpton, while calling for 'reparations for Black Americans'

Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez has drawn criticism for seeming to affect an accent while speaking to a mostly black audience at a conference held by the Rev. Al Sharpton.

'Ain't nothing wrong with that,' the freshman Democrat drawled while speaking on Friday at Sharpton's National Action Network conference in the Sheraton Times Square in Manhattan.

'I'm proud to be a bartender. Ain't nothing wrong with that,' Ocasio-Cortez said. 'There's nothing wrong with working retail, folding clothes for other people to buy.'

Conservative pundits quickly pointed out the jarring accent that Ocasio-Cortez seemed to slip into repeatedly, which sounded halfway between Southern drawl and Boricua twang.

EDIT - I had to take down the video because some of the comments were... um.... over the top. Just Google "AOC Black Voice"

Now, let's sit back and watch the liberals try to justify this gratuitous pandering.
    Last edited by Cow Poke; 04-06-2019, 11:09 AM.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

They are so condescending towards black people...
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

And Al Gore could do it with the best of them, instantly switching into a stereotypical Southern black speech pattern.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Cortez said that's how they roll in da hood.

"Any kid who grew up in a distinct linguistic culture & had to learn to navigate class enviros at school/work knows what’s up."

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...m-fake-accent/

Right, because patronizingly affecting an accent and speech register that does not come naturally to you is a show of respect. No, really.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          Cortez said that's how they roll in da hood.

"Any kid who grew up in a distinct linguistic culture & had to learn to navigate class enviros at school/work knows what’s up."

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...m-fake-accent/

Right, because patronizingly affecting an accent and speech register that does not come naturally to you is a show of respect. No, really.
          I wonder if she knows what the term "poser" means?

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

All virtue signalling aside ... what sort of reception did she get from the audience? There is no mention of any offence being taken by the audience, so I'll put this one provisionally in the "beat-up" category.
            1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
            ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
            Scripture before Tradition:
            but that won't prevent others from
            taking it upon themselves to deprive you
            of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post
              All virtue signalling aside ... what sort of reception did she get from the audience? There is no mention of any offence being taken by the audience, so I'll put this one provisionally in the "beat-up" category.
              The crowd went wild. She gets a pass because she's singing their song.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

This whole reparations kick the democrats are on is nothing but pandering for votes. They know it will never happen.

They are even trying to get voting rights reinstated for felons in prison, knowing it will never happen but just pretending to fight for it to get more black votes.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  This whole reparations kick the democrats are on is nothing but pandering for votes. They know it will never happen.

They are even trying to get voting rights reinstated for felons in prison, knowing it will never happen but just pretending to fight for it to get more black votes.
                  They want to expand their voter base by including illegal aliens, incarcerated felons and 16 year olds. Says a lot about what they see their prospects are if they have to go to these lengths.

Comment

how do you do.jpg
                    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

If they take over Texas, then they will win every presidential election from now on since they will always have the most electoral votes. That is why they want to let more immigrants in and want them to have the vote. Texas is the last holdout.

Comment

If they take over Texas, then they will win every presidential election from now on since they will always have the most electoral votes. That is why they want to let more immigrants in and want them to have the vote. Texas is the last holdout.
                        California and Texas would be quite a collection of EC votes.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                          California and Texas would be quite a collection of EC votes.

If they had Texas in the last election they would have had 270 electoral votes. It would be near impossible for Republicans to win any election if they keep their blue states and added Texas.

CP, it's your job should you choose to accept it, to save Texas from the Democrat Menace.

Comment

If they had Texas in the last election they would have had 270 electoral votes. It would be near impossible for Republicans to win any election if they keep their blue states and added Texas.

CP, it's your job should you choose to accept it, to save Texas from the Democrat Menace.
                            Believe me, I'm doing what I can as an Independent.

Comment