Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AOC Pulls a Hillary

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

AOC Pulls a Hillary

'She pulled a Hillary': Critics mock AOC for 'affecting an accent' while speaking to a mostly black audience in NYC alongside Al Sharpton, while calling for 'reparations for Black Americans'

Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez has drawn criticism for seeming to affect an accent while speaking to a mostly black audience at a conference held by the Rev. Al Sharpton.

'Ain't nothing wrong with that,' the freshman Democrat drawled while speaking on Friday at Sharpton's National Action Network conference in the Sheraton Times Square in Manhattan.

'I'm proud to be a bartender. Ain't nothing wrong with that,' Ocasio-Cortez said. 'There's nothing wrong with working retail, folding clothes for other people to buy.'

Conservative pundits quickly pointed out the jarring accent that Ocasio-Cortez seemed to slip into repeatedly, which sounded halfway between Southern drawl and Boricua twang.

EDIT - I had to take down the video because some of the comments were... um.... over the top. Just Google "AOC Black Voice"

Now, let's sit back and watch the liberals try to justify this gratuitous pandering.
    Last edited by Cow Poke; 04-06-2019 at 09:09 AM.
    I have called you my friends.... Jesus
    Jn 15:15

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    They are so condescending towards black people...
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

And Al Gore could do it with the best of them, instantly switching into a stereotypical Southern black speech pattern.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Cortez said that's how they roll in da hood.

"Any kid who grew up in a distinct linguistic culture & had to learn to navigate class enviros at school/work knows what’s up."

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...m-fake-accent/

Right, because patronizingly affecting an accent and speech register that does not come naturally to you is a show of respect. No, really.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Cortez said that's how they roll in da hood.

"Any kid who grew up in a distinct linguistic culture & had to learn to navigate class enviros at school/work knows what’s up."

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...m-fake-accent/

Right, because patronizingly affecting an accent and speech register that does not come naturally to you is a show of respect. No, really.
    I wonder if she knows what the term "poser" means?

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    All virtue signalling aside ... what sort of reception did she get from the audience? There is no mention of any offence being taken by the audience, so I'll put this one provisionally in the "beat-up" category.
    1 Cor 15:34 εκνηψατε δικαιως και μη αμαρτανετε αγνωσιαν γαρ θεου τινες εχουσιν προς εντροπην υμιν λεγω

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by tabibito View Post
    All virtue signalling aside ... what sort of reception did she get from the audience? There is no mention of any offence being taken by the audience, so I'll put this one provisionally in the "beat-up" category.
    The crowd went wild. She gets a pass because she's singing their song.
    I have called you my friends.... Jesus
    Jn 15:15

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    This whole reparations kick the democrats are on is nothing but pandering for votes. They know it will never happen.

They are even trying to get voting rights reinstated for felons in prison, knowing it will never happen but just pretending to fight for it to get more black votes.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    This whole reparations kick the democrats are on is nothing but pandering for votes. They know it will never happen.

They are even trying to get voting rights reinstated for felons in prison, knowing it will never happen but just pretending to fight for it to get more black votes.
    They want to expand their voter base by including illegal aliens, incarcerated felons and 16 year olds. Says a lot about what they see their prospects are if they have to go to these lengths.

10. Amen Sparko amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Hofstadter's Law: It will always take longer than you expect, even if you take into account Hofstadter's Law.