Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kavanaugh Followup - Staffer pleads guilty to doxxing

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Kavanaugh Followup - Staffer pleads guilty to doxxing

Remember when someone leaked the personal contact information during the Kavanaugh hearings to several Republican Senators?

Ex-Dem staffer pleads guilty to 'doxxing' McConnell, others in GOP during Kavanaugh hearings

A former House Democratic staffer pleaded guilty Friday to five federal offenses related to posting online the personal information of five Republican senators, including Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell of Kentucky, during hearings for then-Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh.

The charges against Jackson A. Cosko, 27, include making public restricted personal information, computer fraud, witness tampering and obstruction of justice.

In addition to McConnell's information, Cosko posted the home addresses and phone numbers of GOP Sens. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina, Mike Lee of Utah and Rand Paul of Kentucky -- as well as then-Sen. Orrin Hatch of Utah.

Cosko reportedly became angry about the senators' support for Kavanaugh despite sexual assault allegations that President Trump's nominee was facing during the hearings. Cosko intended to intimidate the senators and their families, according to court records. Kavanaugh's nomination was ultimately confirmed.

At the time of his arrest, Cosko was working as an unpaid intern for Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee, D-Texas, who fired him soon after. He was previously employed as a computer systems administrator in the office of Sen. Maggie Hassan, D-N.H., a job that gave him "intimate knowledge of, and broad access to" the computer systems in Hasan's office, according to court records. But he had been fired from Hassanís office in May 2018 for failing to follow office procedures.

Cosko was arrested Oct. 3, 2018, one day after a staffer discovered him working on a computer in Hassan's office, where Cosko was not authorized to be. Records show Cosko sent a threatening email to the staffer the evening he was confronted.

He is scheduled to be sentenced in Washington on June 13. He could face between two and five years in prison.

Cosko previously held positions with other prominent Democrats, including former Sen. Barbara Boxer of California and the office of Sen. Dianne Feinstein, also of California and the ranking member of the Senate Judiciary Committee.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/for...g-gop-senators

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    This is EXACTLY why it's not such a good idea to trust the liberals with all unredacted material in the Collusion Illusion.
    DuckDuckGo - Privacy Simplified

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Working for Shelia Jackson-Lee... Why does that not come as a surprise.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization thatís not the argument." --Tassman

4. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    This is EXACTLY why it's not such a good idea to trust the liberals with all unredacted material in the Collusion Illusion.
    They don't need access to people's personal information to know what the report itself says or what the evidence is. The only reason to know the source would be to verify the information was truthful, which clearly is unnecessary at this point.

Jim
    He will reply, ĎTruly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

6. Amen Cow Poke amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    They don't need access to people's personal information to know what the report itself says or what the evidence is. The only reason to know the source would be to verify the information was truthful, which clearly is unnecessary at this point.
    Except that Democrats are demanding access to the full, unredacted report and all the underlying testimony and evidence. And you know if they ever get it in their hot little hands, it's not going to be leaks so much as a tsunami of information being fed to the media.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

8. Amen RumTumTugger, NorrinRadd, Teallaura amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Except that Democrats are demanding access to the full, unredacted report and all the underlying testimony and evidence. And you know if they ever get it in their hot little hands, it's not going to be leaks so much as a tsunami of information being fed to the wildly complicit media.
    I added a couple words for you there at the end, no charge.

10. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    And before anybody says, "If Trump is innocent then he shouldn't care if the report is released," there are non-criminal details of my personal life that I wouldn't want made public, and I'm sure Trump is the same. This is probably what Mueller's leakers meant when they said that the report was more "damaging" than what Barr's summary suggested, as in personally but not criminally.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

12. Amen RumTumTugger, NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    And before anybody says, "If Trump is innocent then he shouldn't care if the report is released," there are non-criminal details of my personal life that I wouldn't want made public, and I'm sure Trump is the same. This is probably what Mueller's leakers meant when they said that the report was more "damaging" than what Barr's summary suggested, as in personally but not criminally.
    The old you have nothing to fear if you have nothing to hide argument which is used to squelch objections to having someone rummage through your personal effects or life on a fishing expedition.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization thatís not the argument." --Tassman

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    The old you have nothing to fear if you have nothing to hide argument which is used to squelch objections to having someone rummage through your personal effects or life on a fishing expedition.
    The phrase "I'll show you mine if you show me yours" comes to mind. (though I'm not endorsing that )

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Dammit! This thread is NOT about Trump or the Mueller report. Take that crap somewhere else.