Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Kavanaugh Followup - Staffer pleads guilty to doxxing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kavanaugh Followup - Staffer pleads guilty to doxxing

Remember when someone leaked the personal contact information during the Kavanaugh hearings to several Republican Senators?

Ex-Dem staffer pleads guilty to 'doxxing' McConnell, others in GOP during Kavanaugh hearings

A former House Democratic staffer pleaded guilty Friday to five federal offenses related to posting online the personal information of five Republican senators, including Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell of Kentucky, during hearings for then-Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh.

The charges against Jackson A. Cosko, 27, include making public restricted personal information, computer fraud, witness tampering and obstruction of justice.

In addition to McConnell's information, Cosko posted the home addresses and phone numbers of GOP Sens. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina, Mike Lee of Utah and Rand Paul of Kentucky -- as well as then-Sen. Orrin Hatch of Utah.

Cosko reportedly became angry about the senators' support for Kavanaugh despite sexual assault allegations that President Trump's nominee was facing during the hearings. Cosko intended to intimidate the senators and their families, according to court records. Kavanaugh's nomination was ultimately confirmed.

At the time of his arrest, Cosko was working as an unpaid intern for Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee, D-Texas, who fired him soon after. He was previously employed as a computer systems administrator in the office of Sen. Maggie Hassan, D-N.H., a job that gave him "intimate knowledge of, and broad access to" the computer systems in Hasan's office, according to court records. But he had been fired from Hassan’s office in May 2018 for failing to follow office procedures.

Cosko was arrested Oct. 3, 2018, one day after a staffer discovered him working on a computer in Hassan's office, where Cosko was not authorized to be. Records show Cosko sent a threatening email to the staffer the evening he was confronted.

He is scheduled to be sentenced in Washington on June 13. He could face between two and five years in prison.

Cosko previously held positions with other prominent Democrats, including former Sen. Barbara Boxer of California and the office of Sen. Dianne Feinstein, also of California and the ranking member of the Senate Judiciary Committee.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/for...g-gop-senators

This is EXACTLY why it's not such a good idea to trust the liberals with all unredacted material in the Collusion Illusion.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Working for Shelia Jackson-Lee... Why does that not come as a surprise.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        This is EXACTLY why it's not such a good idea to trust the liberals with all unredacted material in the Collusion Illusion.
        They don't need access to people's personal information to know what the report itself says or what the evidence is. The only reason to know the source would be to verify the information was truthful, which clearly is unnecessary at this point.

Jim
        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
          They don't need access to people's personal information to know what the report itself says or what the evidence is. The only reason to know the source would be to verify the information was truthful, which clearly is unnecessary at this point.
          Except that Democrats are demanding access to the full, unredacted report and all the underlying testimony and evidence. And you know if they ever get it in their hot little hands, it's not going to be leaks so much as a tsunami of information being fed to the media.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            Except that Democrats are demanding access to the full, unredacted report and all the underlying testimony and evidence. And you know if they ever get it in their hot little hands, it's not going to be leaks so much as a tsunami of information being fed to the wildly complicit media.
            I added a couple words for you there at the end, no charge.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

And before anybody says, "If Trump is innocent then he shouldn't care if the report is released," there are non-criminal details of my personal life that I wouldn't want made public, and I'm sure Trump is the same. This is probably what Mueller's leakers meant when they said that the report was more "damaging" than what Barr's summary suggested, as in personally but not criminally.
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                And before anybody says, "If Trump is innocent then he shouldn't care if the report is released," there are non-criminal details of my personal life that I wouldn't want made public, and I'm sure Trump is the same. This is probably what Mueller's leakers meant when they said that the report was more "damaging" than what Barr's summary suggested, as in personally but not criminally.
                The old you have nothing to fear if you have nothing to hide argument which is used to squelch objections to having someone rummage through your personal effects or life on a fishing expedition.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  The old you have nothing to fear if you have nothing to hide argument which is used to squelch objections to having someone rummage through your personal effects or life on a fishing expedition.
                  The phrase "I'll show you mine if you show me yours" comes to mind. (though I'm not endorsing that )

Comment

Dammit! This thread is NOT about Trump or the Mueller report. Take that crap somewhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                      Dammit! This thread is NOT about Trump or the Mueller report. Take that crap somewhere else.
                      Unsubscribing

Comment

Back on Kavanaugh.....

21 Reasons Not To Believe Christine Blasey Ford’s Claims About Justice Kavanaugh

Summary....

1. There Is No Evidence that Ford and Kavanaugh Ever Met
                        2. Leland Keyser Said She Did Not Have ‘Any Confidence’ in Her Friend’s Story
                        3. Friends Pressured Keyser to Change Her Story
                        4. All Alleged Witnesses Strongly Dispute the Claim
                        5. Ford’s Father Supported Kavanaugh’s Confirmation
                        6. Ford Doesn’t Know the Location
                        7. Ford Doesn’t Know How She Arrived
                        8. Ford Does Not Know How She Got Home
                        9. Ford Does Not Know the Date or Even What Time of Week
                        10. Ford Somehow Remembers She Had Only One Beer, But Not Other Details
                        11. Kavanaugh’s Contemporaneous Calendars Support His Claim
                        12. Ford Changed the Date of the Incident by Years from Her Initial Stories
                        13. Character Witnesses from the Time Support Kavanaugh
                        14. Ford’s First Mention of Kavanaugh’s Name is 2012, After He Became a National Figure
                        15. False Claims Were Made about Ford’s Inability to Fly
                        16. Ford Scrubbed Her Social Media
                        17. Ford Said She Wanted to Stay Confidential, But First Call Was to Washington Post
                        18. Ford’s Attorney Admitted a Motive of Desiring an Asterisk by Kavanaugh’s Name
                        19. Ford Has Benefited Politically, Financially, and Socially
                        20. Nothing in Kavanaugh’s Past Remotely Similar to the Claim for 37 Years
                        21. Memory Manipulation?

Comment