Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

The ROOF fell in!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whoever it is, he takes Jesus very seriously about giving in secret. He'd rather hear "Well done, good and faithful servant" from God than receive earthly honor.
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

I've even had deacons or finance people tell me, "Preacher, you really need to preach some tithing sermons, the finances are really tight"..... I very RARELY preach on tithing, but I do teach on it in our discipleship classes and small groups.

I tell them "seek ye first the Kingdom of God, and He will supply our needs". (yeah, a paraphrase)
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
        Whoever it is, he takes Jesus very seriously about giving in secret. He'd rather hear "Well done, good and faithful servant" from God than receive earthly honor.
        That's the only one that we should be happy that is pleased.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
          The ONLY people who officially know are myself and my finance committee. They have to know, because they're in charge of depositing checks, and paying bills.

I make it a point NOT to know how much any particular member gives, because I don't want it to color my judgment. But this particular man wants to make sure his giving is in line with the vision of the church and its pastor, so he always talks to me first.

One day, out of the blue, he said, "you know, you could do the nursing home ministry much more effectively if you had a church van". I simply said, "yeah, I suppose we could". The next week, a brand new 15 passenger van was in our Church's driveway, clear titled to the Church.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

God is good.

Comment

Demolition continues, and it's OBVIOUS now that the two PREVIOUS "repairs" were merely "cover up" not repairs.... some of the metal decking had overlapping seams that were not sealed, and several of these were just above where the internal leaks were most problematic.

roof demo.jpg

These guys are going down to the bare metal deck, the bottom of which you can see from the hallway below. The seams in the foreground were not sealed at all, and water just ran down through them. (They ends of the metal panels were overlapped, but there were actually some gaps between the layers)

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                Demolition continues, and it's OBVIOUS now that the two PREVIOUS "repairs" were merely "cover up" not repairs.... some of the metal decking had overlapping seams that were not sealed, and several of these were just above where the internal leaks were most problematic.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]36260[/ATTACH]

These guys are going down to the bare metal deck, the bottom of which you can see from the hallway below. The seams in the foreground were not sealed at all, and water just ran down through them. (They ends of the metal panels were overlapped, but there were actually some gaps between the layers)
                You have to watch roofers!

I had my leaking roof replaced on my last home (really old house) and when the roofer came out he promised me to take the roof down to the wood and replace any rotten wood (which I knew was there because I could see it from inside the attic) - but when the workers came they were a bunch of mexicans who didn't speak any english. I asked the roofer if he explained the details to them and he said he did, then drove away. I didn't trust him so I stayed home and watched them. They just started putting the roofing right over top of the rotten wood. I made them stop and called the boss back out and he tried to play it off. If I wasn't there, I would have had a leaky roof in a few months again.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  You have to watch roofers!

I had my leaking roof replaced on my last home (really old house) and when the roofer came out he promised me to take the roof down to the wood and replace any rotten wood (which I knew was there because I could see it from inside the attic) - but when the workers came they were a bunch of mexicans who didn't speak any english. I asked the roofer if he explained the details to them and he said he did, then drove away. I didn't trust him so I stayed home and watched them. They just started putting the roofing right over top of the rotten wood. I made them stop and called the boss back out and he tried to play it off. If I wasn't there, I would have had a leaky roof in a few months again.
                  We actually have a construction manager (besides me ) who actually appears on the jobsite several times a day, takes pictures, compares specs, and gives a written daily report. And when I was up there taking this picture, the Mexican man I spoke with (not pictured) spoke VERY good English, and obviously had a good working knowledge of the mechanics of the project.

He pointed out to me a flaw in the design plan, and said, "I won't change it without talking to engineers, cause everything has to have a change stamp, but if we do it like it's drawn, you'll still have problems". The design plan didn't account for a slope where the drain was actually "uphill" from the downside of the slope.

He said, "even when water is drained to the bottom of this drain flange, you STILL have 4" of water over there that will not come uphill".

Comment

CP, the card is in the mail.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment