Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

There Was Spying On The Trump Campaign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    "There is no doubt that the Obama administration spied on the Trump campaign."

https://nypost.com/2019/04/15/behind...site%20buttons
    But it's perfectly OK, cause it was "their guy" spying on "your guy".
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

"There is no doubt that the Obama administration spied on the Trump campaign."

https://nypost.com/2019/04/15/behind...site%20buttons
      That is a good read, it lays it all out...
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
        That is a good read, it lays it all out...
        It's essentially a distillation of what Sundance at The Last Refuge has been doggedly reporting for the past several years, but it's a good primer for anybody who isn't up to speed with the facts.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

It's essentially a distillation of what Sundance at The Last Refuge has been doggedly reporting for the past several years, but it's a good primer for anybody who isn't up to speed with the facts.
          Unfortunately, the "liberal talking points for dummies" crowd won't even read it.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Executive orders are not legislation.

Obama tried to use them as an end-run around Congress, and he was repeatedly slapped down by the courts. Trump, on the other hand, has used them exactly as they were intended: as special instructions to the Executive Branch, and his orders have been upheld by the Judicial Branch.
            That would be true for Obama and Trump. Both are trying to use their executive order power to effectively legislate. You are the one that called what obama did with his use of the executive orders "legislate by Pen". All you are doing by turning that back on me is informing me that if I let any inaccuracies on your part slide, you will eventually turn that against me. So be it. Make sure you don't fudge any terminology going forward, I will call you on it, and I won't be polite about it.

Jim
            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmuddle View Post
              That would be true for Obama and Trump. Both are trying to use their executive order power to effectively legislate. You are the one that called what obama did with his use of the executive orders "legislate by Pen". All you are doing by turning that back on me is informing me that if I let any inaccuracies on your part slide, you will eventually turn that against me. So be it. Make sure you don't fudge any terminology going forward, I will call you on it, and I won't be polite about it.
              You can try to call me out all you want, but what you're refusing to acknowledge is that Obama was attempting to use execute orders as a substitute for legislation, and the judicial branch repeatedly overruled him because of it. Trump is using executive orders as they were intended, not as substitute legislation, and the judicial branch has consistently ruled in his favor.

If you have a problem with that then your disagreement is with the judicial branch, not with me.

Comment

• Didn't Obama even once say that he couldn't legally do something via executive order -- right before he tried to do it through executive order?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Not really.
                  Yes really.

The only way the president could have "too much power" is if the other two branches could not keep him in check, but since Barr recognizes and fully supports the role of the other two branches providing oversight of the Executive Branch then there's no need for your paranoid delusions of Trump donning a crown and ruling by fiat.
                  The Legislative Branch is unable to fulfill its Constitutionally appointed role of oversight of the Executive Branch if it is denied the information it requires to do so. It has requested the president’s Tax Returns and the full unredacted Mueller Report into foreign interference into the US presidential elections. What it has received is a flat-out refusal to provide the Tax Returns and a Report redacted by a Trump stooge. The Congress and public have no choice other than assume the president is hiding information damaging to himself.
                  “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                    Yes really.

The Legislative Branch is unable to fulfill its Constitutionally appointed role of oversight of the Executive Branch if it is denied the information it requires to do so. It has requested the president’s Tax Returns and the full unredacted Mueller Report into foreign interference into the US presidential elections. What it has received is a flat-out refusal to provide the Tax Returns and a Report redacted by a Trump stooge. The Congress and public have no choice other than assume the president is hiding information damaging to himself.
                    Donald J. Trump's tax returns have zero relevance to the office of POTUS. I fully support his stonewalling. My only (minor) complaint is his use of "I'm under audit" as an excuse. I'd prefer he plainly say, "Screw you! They're none of your business."

Just out of curiosity, can you point out the exact spots where the Constitution "appoints" to Congress the role of oversight of the Executive Branch? I'm not denying some measure of oversight exists, but I think you're overstating it.
                    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                      Donald J. Trump's tax returns have zero relevance to the office of POTUS. I fully support his stonewalling. My only (minor) complaint is his use of "I'm under audit" as an excuse. I'd prefer he plainly say, "Screw you! They're none of your business."

Just out of curiosity, can you point out the exact spots where the Constitution "appoints" to Congress the role of oversight of the Executive Branch? I'm not denying some measure of oversight exists, but I think you're overstating it.
                      That simply isn't true. A public figure's right to privacy does not extend to those elements that could be a threat to national security or to the moral fitness for duty. If his tax records show evidence if crimes or connections to criminal organizations, or they simpley reveal that he has lied through his teeth about what his potential for compromise it as it related to foreign entities, it is 'our buisiness'.

There has to be some means for the legislative and judicial branches to check the executive branch. "Oversight" is one such means. Further, since impeachment can't be implemented with knowledge of whatever crimes or misdemeanors the president is guilty of, they have to be able to get information that will expose the same (surely you don't suppose impeachment is such a toothless lion that only if the President chooses to tell them about what wrongs he has committed can they act - do you?)

Jim
                      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• If there was anything criminal or irregular in Trump's tax returns then you can be sure the IRS would have caught it. Trump is under no legal obligation to make his tax returns public. However, he is required to submit an annual financial disclosure report which he has dutiful done for the past three years and which show far more detail than his tax returns ever would, but it's been a non-story because there is nothing suspicious in them, and since they're public record, you can be sure his political enemies have gone over them with a fine-tooth comb looking for anything to pin on him.

Face it, ox, you're chasing after another nothing-burger.

Comment

• Ya know, this sudden re-focus on Trump's tax returns pretty much tells you that the liberals have given up on any hope of the Mueller report felling their adversary.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                            Ya know, this sudden re-focus on Trump's tax returns pretty much tells you that the liberals have given up on any hope of the Mueller report felling their adversary.
                            It also smells like a desperate attempt to distract from the spying scandal.

Comment

It also smells like a desperate attempt to distract from the spying scandal.
                              What? There's a SPYING SCANDAL!?!?!?!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                                What? There's a SPYING SCANDAL!?!?!?!
                                spyingless scandal (by the unaltright no less)
                                1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                                ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                                Scripture before Tradition:
                                but that won't prevent others from
                                taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                                of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment