Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

There Was Spying On The Trump Campaign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
    Oh, yes you are helping him, you just like to fool yourself and others into thinking you're not.
    Bless your heart.

You think he belongs in office,
    For now, because he was duly elected.

that he shouldn't be impeached,
    Unless there's good cause - not just liberal hysteria.

you support him and blame it on his being the better alternative to Hillary.
    No, a "less worse" alternative - get it right.

You're helping a treasonous autocrat to carry out his plan to centralize power into his hands alone. Unless you are ignorant, that is treasonous in and of itself.
    It's amazing how you can pack so much rampant stupidity into one sentence.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      You just said it was not spying:

Now you are admitting it WAS spying, but just not against Trump's campaign?

Wrong. Seems to be you have serious comprehension problems, Sparko. Surveilance is court sanctioned based on evidence such as foriegn intelligence revelations of contacts between Russians and members of the Trump campaign. U.S. intelligence didn't just willy nilly decide to spy on the Trump campaign, they presented evidence tio the court conveyed to them by foriegn intelligence concerning those secret meetings.

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
        And again, it is unbecoming for christians to rejoice in this sort of thing.
        Jim just stop with this sort of thing. It makes you sound like a sanctimonious accuser of your brothers. We don't agree with you. We don't think Trump is a liar, a traitor, and all the other stuff you spew about him. I don't think he is a nice person, and he certainly needs to stop trolling the democracts on twitter. But I don't see him as a liar. You do. We disagree. That doesn't make me "rejoicing" in something I don't even agree he is doing. That doesn't make me a bad Christian. Or unbecoming. I have never once accused you of not being a Christian or being a bad Christian. I would appreciate it if you would stop accusing me and others of such things. Just stop.

Comment

What sanctuary cities are trying to do is protect otherwise good people that are here because of poverty or mortal danger from being deported without mercy. Sanctuary cities are not asking for criminals, and are not trying to prevent the deportation of bad elements,
          The liberal narrative is that the people coming across the border are NOT criminals but refugee families that are being torn apart at the border. If they were shipped to sanctuary cities they would be getting what the democrats want, to keep the families together and give sanctuary to people escaping danger.

I agree it is a stupid idea though, because what would keep them in those cities? They would just go there from the border, then run away to other parts of the country.

Comment

Jim just stop with this sort of thing. It makes you sound like a sanctimonious accuser of your brothers. We don't agree with you. We don't think Trump is a liar, a traitor, and all the other stuff you spew about him. I don't think he is a nice person, and he certainly needs to stop trolling the democracts on twitter. But I don't see him as a liar. You do. We disagree. That doesn't make me "rejoicing" in something I don't even agree he is doing. That doesn't make me a bad Christian. Or unbecoming. I have never once accused you of not being a Christian or being a bad Christian. I would appreciate it if you would stop accusing me and others of such things. Just stop.
            This. Absolutely this.

This attitude undermines everything else Jim has to say.
            ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

Wrong. Seems to be you have serious comprehension problems, Sparko. Surveilance is court sanctioned based on evidence such as foriegn intelligence revelations of contacts between Russians and members of the Trump campaign. U.S. intelligence didn't just willy nilly decide to spy on the Trump campaign, they presented evidence tio the court conveyed to them by foriegn intelligence concerning those secret meetings.
              Surveillance of someone or another country is "spying" - that's what spying is, JimL.

Comment

Surveillance of someone or another country is "spying" - that's what spying is, JimL.
                Source: Babylon Bee

Comey: 'We Did Not Spy---We Just Observed And Reported Secretly Without The Subject's Knowledge Or Consent'

© Copyright Original Source

I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

I do see Trump as a liar - but what politician is not? Trump tells stupid lies - easily exposed. A glaring difference, though, is that Trump is actually keeping campaign promises, and that's where most other politicians excel at lying.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

They weren't wiretapping Trump. They were electronically surveilling him.

They weren't spying on Trump. They were surveilling him.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      I do see Trump as a liar - but what politician is not? Trump tells stupid lies - easily exposed. A glaring difference, though, is that Trump is actually keeping campaign promises, and that's where most other politicians excel at lying.
                      Telling lies is one thing, but Oxmixx sees Trump as a pathological liar who just lies when his lips move. Everyone tells lies, that doesn't make the "liars" - I see Trump as a typical politician who will tell a lie here and there, but mostly what he does is misspeak or saying something wrong that he didn't understand correctly or just exaggerrating. Or sometimes just changing his mind. I am sure if he doesn't send immigrants to sanctuary cities, Jim would call that a "lie"

That is where we disagree.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        "But I don't support Trump"

Comment

Source: Kinkopf

If possible, I would like to focus attention elsewhere – on the ramifications of Mueller’s[Barr's *] theory of the President’s constitutional powers for the rest of the government. Those ramifications are vast and proceed from the memo’s most jaw-dropping passage: “Constitutionally, it is wrong to conceive of the President as simply the highest officer within the Executive branch hierarchy. He alone is the Executive branch.”[1]

The conception of presidential power embraced in the Barr Memo goes well beyond the ordinary unitary executive claims. I have taken to calling it the imperial executive, in part because no Attorney General has ever come so close to accepting Louis XIV’s motto, “L’etat c’est moi.” This theory revives the view of executive power that launched a thousand signing statements, generated the torture memo, and justified warrantless domestic surveillance in spite of the legal prohibitions in the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act. It is impossible to conceive of all the damage this theory will do in the hands of the Trump Administration, and a full catalog would require a book length post. I would, nonetheless, like to highlight a few implications that strike me as immediately obvious.

William Barr’s view of presidential power would hold independent agencies unconstitutional, overturning nearly a century of Supreme Court precedent and upending dozens of regulatory agencies. It would be shocking enough for the Barr Memo to assert that the Supreme Court’s most foundational decisions relating to the constitutionality of the regulatory state have been consistently wrong for nearly a century. The Barr Memo does not even note that it is irreconcilable with these decisions, let alone attempt to explain why they should be disregarded.

© Copyright Original Source

https://www.acslaw.org/acsblog/the-b...al-presidency/

Neil Kinkopf is ACS Faculty Advisor and Professor of Law, Georgia State University College of Law.

Jim

* I believe this is a mistake, he is discussing Barr's memo addressing Mueller's obstruction theory
                          So an isolated opinion that I can not find reflected anywhere else. Okay.

Here's a lengthy defense of Barr's legal opinion from a source that is traditionally very hostile towards President Trump:

https://www.lawfareblog.com/qualifie...rr-memo-part-i
                          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Not that you actually care, but wrong as usual.
                            and your source for this assertion?

Comment

"But I don't support Trump"
                              Whatever you say, NAMBLA boy.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                                If they think open borders and sanctuary cities or the entire state is a great idea then just what would they need to be protected from? They'd be getting what they want.
                                No they are not. They want them shipped off to red states and red districts, so they could be turned to blue districts and blue states. The whole ‘sanctuary city’ thing is merely more virtue signaling.
                                "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment