Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Does Quran Claim Allah Granted Israel to the Jews?

  1. #1
    42nd Mojave Year DesertBerean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Barstow, CA
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    6,278
    Amen (Given)
    5218
    Amen (Received)
    2063

    Does Quran Claim Allah Granted Israel to the Jews?

    I've read and heard this claim in a few places. Here's a link that summarizes what's been said:

    http://www.templemount.org/quranland.html

    Is this a valid citation and how widespread is this viewpoint? Anybody know?

  2. #2
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    51,630
    Amen (Given)
    11164
    Amen (Received)
    23888
    I think this is a good article on the subject:

    The Qur'an: Israel Is Not for the Jews



    Editors' preface: Who has rights to the land between the Mediterranean Sea and the Jordan River? Zionists cite biblical passages in which God awarded them Eretz Yisrael, the Land of Israel, in perpetuity in his covenant with the children of Israel. Muslims make a counter-claim based in part on verses of the Qur'an that describe the Jews in terms of contempt and in part on rulings in Muslim law that reject Muslims relinquishing rule over a territory under Muslim rule to nonbelievers. But other Muslims cite different Qur'anic verses in support of the Jewish claim. The conflict has a religious quality that makes it the more difficult to resolve.

    The Middle East Quarterly commissioned two essays presenting different views of the Qur'an and its passages dealing with the Holy Land and Jews. The first author, Robert Spencer, argues that Islamic law has not recognized and will never recognize Jewish rights to this territory. In a second essay, Muhammad Al-Hussaini, a Muslim scholar, understands the text of the Qur'an to award the Holy Land to the Jews for all time, and he holds that Muslims can be convinced of this interpretation.
    Last edited by Cow Poke; 04-13-2019 at 01:25 PM.
    I have called you my friends.... Jesus
    Jn 15:15

  3. #3
    tWebber Chrawnus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Finland
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,894
    Amen (Given)
    5185
    Amen (Received)
    3469
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I think this is a good article on the subject:

    The Qur'an: Israel Is Not for the Jews



    Editors' preface: Who has rights to the land between the Mediterranean Sea and the Jordan River? Zionists cite biblical passages in which God awarded them Eretz Yisrael, the Land of Israel, in perpetuity in his covenant with the children of Israel. Muslims make a counter-claim based in part on verses of the Qur'an that describe the Jews in terms of contempt and in part on rulings in Muslim law that reject Muslims relinquishing rule over a territory under Muslim rule to nonbelievers. But other Muslims cite different Qur'anic verses in support of the Jewish claim. The conflict has a religious quality that makes it the more difficult to resolve.

    The Middle East Quarterly commissioned two essays presenting different views of the Qur'an and its passages dealing with the Holy Land and Jews. The first author, Robert Spencer, argues that Islamic law has not recognized and will never recognize Jewish rights to this territory. In a second essay, Muhammad Al-Hussaini, a Muslim scholar, understands the text of the Qur'an to award the Holy Land to the Jews for all time, and he holds that Muslims can be convinced of this interpretation.
    Did you forget to include the URL of the article in question in your reply?

  4. #4
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    51,630
    Amen (Given)
    11164
    Amen (Received)
    23888
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrawnus View Post
    Did you forget to include the URL of the article in question in your reply?
    Of course not! It's ... um... right there in black and white!!!!




    (pay no attention that pesty little edit tag at the bottom)
    I have called you my friends.... Jesus
    Jn 15:15

  5. #5
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Faith
    Muslim
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    818
    Amen (Given)
    0
    Amen (Received)
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertBerean View Post
    I've read and heard this claim in a few places. Here's a link that summarizes what's been said:

    http://www.templemount.org/quranland.html

    Is this a valid citation and how widespread is this viewpoint? Anybody know?
    There may be many different opinions (...and that is good)
    60% of the global Muslim population is in the Eastern lands...those of us who were aware of the holocaust, considered it a European problem/history and the consequent Zionism and the resultant Israel/Palestine conflict a Middle East problem. (....At least until Bin Laden burst unto the world stage.) Since 9/11 and the subsequent conflicts...a lot of us Easterners have tried to study up on the complicated issues and the even more complicated history.

    Re- the link
    The linked article opens with a Quran quote. Generally speaking...in translations, words in brackets indicate that these are not in the original Arabic. As a general rule of thumb....translations of the Quran are considered interpretations and the biases and opinions of the translator are expected to bleed into the work

    My opinion of Prof Palazzi comments.
    All principles of Islamic ethics/morality spring from the concept of Tawheed (Unity/One God). There is only one God and all of creation comes from and will return to--the One God. Therefore God has ALL rights to its creation....and all creation is of equivalent value---none superior or inferior to the other. God bestows rights and blessings onto its various creations and with these rights/blessings also come commensurate responsibilities/obligations.
    All land (and sea) belong to God but God has bestowed the right to use the land (and sea) to human beings along with the responsibility of Trusteeship. The right to use the blessings of the land (and sea) come with commensurate obligations.
    Viewed in this light---the I/P conflict is not about what the Quran says or what the Torah says....rather, when one group has been given the power to rule, have the commensurate obligations and responsibilities (as Gods Trustees) been fulfilled? From my research---the Aparthied/Zionist State of Israel has promoted divisions, injustice, oppression and hatreds. It has gone against the soul of Jewish principles and teachings.

    Gods will=Right belief that leads to right intentions that promote right actions for the benefit of ALL of Gods creations.
    Palestinians---both Christians and Muslims are also God creations.

  6. #6
    42nd Mojave Year DesertBerean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Barstow, CA
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    6,278
    Amen (Given)
    5218
    Amen (Received)
    2063
    Thank you...I'll be reviewing the responses...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •