Thread: Harvard Law School Protest

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Harvard Law School Protest

The Racists of the 20th Century protested and demonstrated demanding black men be charged (and hanged) for rape based entirely on a woman's accusation.
    Now, the Genderists of the 21st Century do the exact same except they demand any and all men be charged for rape based entirely on a woman's accusation. If hanging was still in effect they would probably call for that too.
    When this turned up on my face-book feed, I thought it was satirical. Checked it out - and no - it's a for real thing.

Quote Originally Posted by WSJMagazine
    Triggered
    by Weinstein’s Harvard Lawyer
    A law professor agrees to represent an unpopular client, and undergrads say they’re traumatized.
    By Heather Mac Donald
    March 18, 2019 7:01 p.m. ET

Harvard has opened an investigation into law professor Ronald Sullivan, who earlier this year joined Harvey Weinstein’s criminal-defense team. Some undergraduates complained that Mr. Sullivan’s decision to represent Mr. Weinstein, who is charged with rape in New York puts them at risk ...
    So now you're not allowed to be a defence lawyer?
    και εκζητησατε με και ευρησετε με οτι ζητησετε με εν ολη καρδία υμων

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    This is a very good article. It points out that Americans has a long history of going after lawyers for whom they defend in court. The most famous example is John Adams defending the soldiers in the Boston Massacre, but this came up more recently when Trump attacked Hillary Clinton for defending a child rapist in court. https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.the...rticle/583717/
    For what was given to everyone for the use of all, you have taken for your exclusive use. The earth belongs not to the rich, but to everyone. - Ambrose, 4th century AD

All cruelty springs from weakness. - Seneca the Younger

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsGambit View Post
    This is a very good article. It points out that Americans has a long history of going after lawyers for whom they defend in court. The most famous example is John Adams defending the soldiers in the Boston Massacre, but this came up more recently when Trump attacked Hillary Clinton for defending a child rapist in court. https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.the...rticle/583717/
    It is one fine article that you linked to.
    I loved this bit:
    The Harvard religious-studies professor Diana Eck took a more forgiving approach. She told the Boston Globe that defending unpopular clients is noble and “extremely important.”

Yet she went on to say that “for our part, we also expect there to be choices made in the interests of our students and the community of students that we try to nurture.”
    I think that providing counsellors for the students involved in vandalism and threats of committing violence would go a long way toward achieving those ends. And if the counselling failed - show them the door so that faculty and other students might conduct their lawful business and studies without risk of being subjected to intimidation and violence.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    It wasn't so much her successful defense of a child rapist but the way she callously laughed about it afterwards.

https://www.breitbart.com/live/secon...-child-rapist/
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    It wasn't so much her successful defense of a child rapist but the way she callously laughed about it afterwards.

https://www.breitbart.com/live/secon...-child-rapist/
    While I don't like to listen to Trump speak I am so glad that I don't have to spend four years listening to that horrible cackle.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

6. Amen Bill the Cat amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    The idea that Harvard sees any credence in these complaints in the first place is ludicrous. I've always taken for granted the idea that most people support due process... but that just doesn't appear to be true.
    For what was given to everyone for the use of all, you have taken for your exclusive use. The earth belongs not to the rich, but to everyone. - Ambrose, 4th century AD

All cruelty springs from weakness. - Seneca the Younger

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    While I don't like to listen to Trump speak I am so glad that I don't have to spend four years listening to that horrible cackle.
    Yeah!
    --- this space intentionally left blank ---

Faith
    Begome Ordodox
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Huh. I didn't even know about this and I am here. I'm number 30 on the waitlist for his winter section of Trial Advocacy Workshop.

"Fire is catching. If we burn, you burn with us!"
    "I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
    Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    The idea that Harvard sees any credence in these complaints in the first place is ludicrous. I've always taken for granted the idea that most people support due process... but that just doesn't appear to be true.
    Wondering just what this law school is teaching about the law.

Faith
    Begome Ordodox
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by tabibito View Post
    Wondering just what this law school is teaching about the law.
    You'll note that undergraduates complained (lol wat). Harvard is a university system that's almost like a bunch of independent schools that are connected by a name and hardly ever speak to each other. We do actually have good professors at the law school and Sullivan has not been suspended or anything; his ridiculously popular workshop is still on for next year.

"Fire is catching. If we burn, you burn with us!"
    "I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
    Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.