Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Notre Dame Burns

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Notre Dame Burns

Fire engulfs the historic Notre Dame cathedral in Paris

A fire has broken out at the world-famous Notre Dame cathedral in Paris.

Pictures posted on social media showed enormous plumes of smoke billowing into the city's skyline as firefighters rushed to the historic site.

According to French newspaper Le Monde, the fire broke out in the attic of the historic monument before spreading to engulf a large section of the roof.

A spokesperson for the cathedral said the blaze was first reported at 5.50pm (GMT) and the building was evacuated soon after.

Officials in Paris said the fire could be linked to renovation works being carried out at the cathedral.

The cathedral is one the finest example of French Gothic architecture in Europe, and one of the most visited buildings in the world.

Notre Dame - which means 'Our Lady' - was build in 1160 and completed by 1260, and has been modified on a number of occasions throughout the century.

It is the cathedral of the Archdiocese of Paris, and is visited by some 12million people every year.
    --- this space intentionally left blank ---

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Where's "Paris isn't burning" Starlight?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Fire engulfs the historic Notre Dame cathedral in Paris

A fire has broken out at the world-famous Notre Dame cathedral in Paris.

Pictures posted on social media showed enormous plumes of smoke billowing into the city's skyline as firefighters rushed to the historic site.

According to French newspaper Le Monde, the fire broke out in the attic of the historic monument before spreading to engulf a large section of the roof.

A spokesperson for the cathedral said the blaze was first reported at 5.50pm (GMT) and the building was evacuated soon after.

Officials in Paris said the fire could be linked to renovation works being carried out at the cathedral.

The cathedral is one the finest example of French Gothic architecture in Europe, and one of the most visited buildings in the world.

Notre Dame - which means 'Our Lady' - was build in 1160 and completed by 1260, and has been modified on a number of occasions throughout the century.

It is the cathedral of the Archdiocese of Paris, and is visited by some 12million people every year.
    If Quasimodo was told once he was told a hundred times that he needed to quit smoking.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

Faith
    Begome Ordodox
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I've had a pretty bad weekend but this really takes the cake.

"Fire is catching. If we burn, you burn with us!"
    "I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
    Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    The spire has fallen and the entire wooden frame of the building is on fire.

So sad to see a building that has stood for nearly 1000 years begin to fall.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

God, family, chicken! Bill the Cat's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    That was one of my most favorite places I visited last year. This is devastating!

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals --- Manya the Holy Szin --- The Quintara Marathon ---

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common --- Stephen R. Donaldson ---

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I wonder if it was deliberately set? Paris seems to be central to a lot of attacks over the years.

Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    I wonder if it was deliberately set? Paris seems to be central to a lot of attacks over the years.
    I thought of that, as well. I posted an article about it in my thread about the persecution of Christians. And I wouldn't be surprised, if it were proven to be arson, if the perpetrators were not named in order to hide their nationality, as it seems the media has been doing over there.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

God, family, chicken! Bill the Cat's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    Only employees and workers can get into the attic area. They were doing construction when I was there last year, and apparently still were up to today.

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals --- Manya the Holy Szin --- The Quintara Marathon ---

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common --- Stephen R. Donaldson ---

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Notre Dame Cathedral Gone...

Spire of Paris's 850-year-old Notre Dame cathedral COLLAPSES as fire ravages historic building with flames erupting through the roof - with Macron lamenting seeing 'part of us burn'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ral-Paris.html
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...