Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Notre Dame Burns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
    They also donated half a million dollars to help rebuild. If they just wanted a marketing opportunity they could have just put up the game itself for free and gotten the same thing.

I already have it for their other games. It's not Steam, but it certainly doesn't seem terrible. Maybe that's just me though.
    I'm with MM. It's in terrible taste. If they wanted to just help rebuild, they could have just quietly donated the money and not trumpeted it with a marketing opportunity. Jesus had something to say about people who made a big show about charitable donations.
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

They also donated half a million dollars to help rebuild.
      In an industry where a top selling game can rake in tens if not hundreds of millions, $500,000 is cheap marketing.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Ubisoft went and donated $500,000 to Notre Dame, and made Assassin's Creed Unity free until April 25th because of this. They wanted people to be able to see the virtual version of Notre Dame it since the real version was so badly damaged.
        The LIDAR scans they used for the game are so detailed that they are probably going to use them for the reconstruction.

===========================

The rebuilding of the Notre Dame Cathedral after the devastating fire Monday may take years, but the historic structure could get some help from 3D maps and even the video game “Assassin’s Creed,” according to the Houston Chronicle.

Amid the outpouring of grief and support on social media for the iconic French Gothic structure, Ph.D. student Hannah Groch-Begley shared on Twitter the work of late art historian Andrew Tallon, who used laser scanners to make an accurate model of the building

https://dailycaller.com/2019/04/16/a...llon-3d-laser/
        Last edited by Sparko; 04-29-2019, 02:01 PM.

Comment