Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Bernie Sanders Town Hall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimL View Post
    Gotta love you pseudo christians!
    Yup. Us Christians should be able to come into your house and take whatever we want to give to those who have less than you. Thank you for your compliance.
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
      Yup. Us Christians should be able to come into your house and take whatever we want to give to those who have less than you. Thank you for your compliance.
      Unless he's in Dallas County, where we can already take up to $750 worth of stuff without fear of prosecution.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Probably more than you, but that's besides the point, an avoidance of the issue, which is what kind of government do you support. I support one that cares for the sick, poor, and mentally ill, you don't, which suggest to me that you don't give a hoot for the poor, sick or the mentally ill.
        It’s funny that you throw out accusations without a shred of evidence to support any of it. Unlike you Jimmy, I put my time and money into projects. I’ve been doing work with kids in scouting and disabled vets since those are projects and groups near and dear to me. Unlike you, I don’t expect the government to take care of us.
        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
          It’s funny that you throw out accusations without a shred of evidence to support any of it. Unlike you Jimmy, I put my time and money into projects. I’ve been doing work with kids in scouting and disabled vets since those are projects and groups near and dear to me. Unlike you, I don’t expect the government to take care of us.
          And he doesn't get that it's not an "either/or" to a lot of us who willingly pay our taxes, and are in support of the government helping those who cannot help themselves -- AND we give of our own time and resources above and beyond that.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            And he doesn't get that it's not an "either/or" to a lot of us who willingly pay our taxes, and are in support of the government helping those who cannot help themselves -- AND we give of our own time and resources above and beyond that.
            Yep. I know several people who are on disability and who deserve to be and get assistance. I have no problem with that at all. I have no problem with paying taxes. I also think people should use their money, skills and time to personally help others.

We just don't want our entire economy based on the government forceably taking exorbitant taxes from us to give to people who are unwilling to work. And to use our taxes to murder babies.

Comment

Me thinks ya'll protest to much!

Comment

Me thinks ya'll protest to much!
                *jimmy throws out false accusations that get slammed*

“Duh, you guys protest too much!”

No apology for his false accusations, just more blaming others for his own failings.

See China yet, Jimmy?
                "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment