Announcement

Collapse

Pro-Life Activism 301 Guidelines

This area is for pro-life activists to discuss issues related to abortion. It is NOT a debate area, and it is not OK for pro-choice activists to post here.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Pro Abortion Christians????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ReformedApologist View Post
    I find some people who I talk to who claim to be Christian and hold a Pro Choice position argue from the position of silence. They assume if Scripture does not outright condemn something that means the Bible has nothing to say about it. To me this is faulty reasoning because we can look at places in Scripture where it speaks about the prohibition for murder, and that fact we are created in God's image and from those examples deduce that Scripture stands against it. And of course seeing as I hold to the Presuppositional method of Apologetics I always like to ask the question by What Standard?, this helps me to see where they position is being drawn and the Worldview they express.
    You don't belong here, RA! You make WAY too much sense!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      You don't belong here, RA! You make WAY too much sense!
      Sadly common sense is not so common these days

Comment

Originally posted by ReformedApologist View Post
        Sadly common sense is not so common these days
        Glad you're here.

And, bacon!
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
          I agree. My mom is pro-choice but I'm not going to come out and say she's not a real Christian.
          Is she pro-choice in that she sees nothing wrong with abortion, or is she pro-choice in that she thinks it shouldn't be illegal?

Because those are two different viewpoints. One can see something as morally wrong but still not believe it should actually be illegal, e.g. many would agree that blasphemy is wrong, but would not be in favor of actually outlawing it.

Comment

"There simply can be no justification from a thinking, intellectually honest, regenerate Christian to support the Democratic party."

--Justin Peters

IMG_0969.JPG

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
              "There simply can be no justification from a thinking, intellectually honest, regenerate Christian to support the Democratic party."

--Justin Peters

[ATTACH=CONFIG]36809[/ATTACH]
              Every once in a while, they screw up and tell us what they actually think.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                Every once in a while, they screw up and tell us what they actually think.
                And the answer is to love them. Now and later. Not kill them.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X