Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pro Abortion Christians????

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    It's the old thing where people want to make Christianity fit their beliefs instead of the other way around. They shop around till they find a church that agrees with them. This has been going on since the beginning.

2 Timothy 4:3
    For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear.
    They think they know better than God???? Or they don't think and just go by feeling. Because there wasn't any actual argument on that page! I don't even know what their logic even is!
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Christianbookworm View Post
    They think they know better than God???? Or they don't think and just go by feeling. Because there wasn't any actual argument on that page! I don't even know what their logic even is!
    "The bible doesn't say anything SPECIFICALLY about abortion, and I'm too lazy/blind/unwilling to reason it out using the moral principles the bible DOES give us"

3. Amen NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrawnus View Post
    "The bible doesn't say anything SPECIFICALLY about abortion, and I'm too lazy/blind/unwilling to reason it out using the moral principles the bible DOES give us"

That makes sense. Well, there's plenty the Bible doesn't mention, so it's still a bad argument.
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrawnus View Post

It's simple enough. A foetus is human (the genes say as much). Therefore, a human is being killed.
    1 Cor 15:34 εκνηψατε δικαιως και μη αμαρτανετε αγνωσιαν γαρ θεου τινες εχουσιν προς εντροπην υμιν λεγω

Faith
    Reformed Baptist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I find some people who I talk to who claim to be Christian and hold a Pro Choice position argue from the position of silence. They assume if Scripture does not outright condemn something that means the Bible has nothing to say about it. To me this is faulty reasoning because we can look at places in Scripture where it speaks about the prohibition for murder, and that fact we are created in God's image and from those examples deduce that Scripture stands against it. And of course seeing as I hold to the Presuppositional method of Apologetics I always like to ask the question by What Standard?, this helps me to see where they position is being drawn and the Worldview they express.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by ReformedApologist View Post
    I find some people who I talk to who claim to be Christian and hold a Pro Choice position argue from the position of silence. They assume if Scripture does not outright condemn something that means the Bible has nothing to say about it. To me this is faulty reasoning because we can look at places in Scripture where it speaks about the prohibition for murder, and that fact we are created in God's image and from those examples deduce that Scripture stands against it. And of course seeing as I hold to the Presuppositional method of Apologetics I always like to ask the question by What Standard?, this helps me to see where they position is being drawn and the Worldview they express.
    You don't belong here, RA! You make WAY too much sense!
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

Faith
    Reformed Baptist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    You don't belong here, RA! You make WAY too much sense!
    Sadly common sense is not so common these days

9. Amen Cerebrum123 amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by ReformedApologist View Post
    Sadly common sense is not so common these days
    Glad you're here.

And, bacon!
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsGambit View Post
    I agree. My mom is pro-choice but I'm not going to come out and say she's not a real Christian.
    Is she pro-choice in that she sees nothing wrong with abortion, or is she pro-choice in that she thinks it shouldn't be illegal?

Because those are two different viewpoints. One can see something as morally wrong but still not believe it should actually be illegal, e.g. many would agree that blasphemy is wrong, but would not be in favor of actually outlawing it.

12. Amen NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    "There simply can be no justification from a thinking, intellectually honest, regenerate Christian to support the Democratic party."

--Justin Peters

IMG_0969.JPG

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.