Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Dallas District Attorney Gives Green Light To Theft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
    Good decision from the DA; obviously a very Christian gentleman.
    If he is a "very Christian gentleman, and he cares that much for the poor, he'd be giving his own resources, not perverting justice.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      If he is a "very Christian gentleman, and he cares that much for the poor, he'd be giving his own resources, not perverting justice.
      Thats what I said. Make a discretionary fund that the police can use to pay the store owners for the stolen food if they feel the guy should get off. Then make sure he is taken care of at a shelter or put in touch with some resources. But make it case by case and let the officer on the scene make the determination. Not just "under $750"

Comment

It shouldn't be necessary to steal bread if you actually need it. Catholic Charities will give you one free piece of bread per day.
        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
          It shouldn't be necessary to steal bread if you actually need it. Catholic Charities will give you one free piece of bread per day.
          We have a number of bread and pantry ministries in town, and one central "where do you find help" place that's well known (and sometimes abused) by those who need it.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
            Gee, how generous.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              We have a number of bread and pantry ministries in town, and one central "where do you find help" place that's well known (and sometimes abused) by those who need it.
              They can be found in most large cities, and even some smaller ones. There should be no need for people to steal food, and certainly not over $700 worth in one go.
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment