Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Mueller Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tabibito View Post
    Trump's comment was satirical. So is this[ATTACH=CONFIG]37418[/ATTACH]
    Yes. And what a satire it is - of those that he can count on to vote for him! Can you imagine the mentality that prides itself in being exactly what he said said they are! In another thread where this quote came up, one reply from defenders of Trump was 'It depends on who he shot'!

Jim
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
      Yes. And what a satire it is - of those that he can count on to vote for him! Can you imagine the mentality that prides itself in being exactly what he said said they are! In another thread where this quote came up, one reply from defenders of Trump was 'It depends on who he shot'!

Jim
      The only thing that's 'driving' me to vote for Trump is never-Trumpers making wild-eyed accusations like this.
      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Even some of the leading lights have had a gut-full of the loonie left's antics. Calls to de-fund liberal arts and remove them from University curricula, or create new universities that preclude them, because nothing can get done while they're running riot on campus and riding rough-shod over other faculties. If the left doesn't get a grip on reality, their future is not going to be pretty.
        1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
        ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
        Scripture before Tradition:
        but that won't prevent others from
        taking it upon themselves to deprive you
        of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
          The only thing that's 'driving' me to vote for Trump is never-Trumpers making wild-eyed accusations like this.
          YEP!

I've had way more than my fill of "righteous" shame-thrower evan-jerk-ical pantloads. I understand why they don't like Trump, didn't vote for him, won't vote for him. I think they're misguided, but I understand, and generally won't bash them for it. But that 20% "righteous remnant" can't bring themselves to extend the same courtesy to us. When I hear all their huffing and puffing moral indignation, all I really hear is a bunch of TDS-afflicted loons calling us irredeemable deplorables, and I realize they are not worth my attention.
          Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
            YEP!

I've had way more than my fill of "righteous" shame-thrower evan-jerk-ical pantloads. I understand why they don't like Trump, didn't vote for him, won't vote for him. I think they're misguided, but I understand, and generally won't bash them for it. But that 20% "righteous remnant" can't bring themselves to extend the same courtesy to us. When I hear all their huffing and puffing moral indignation, all I really hear is a bunch of TDS-afflicted loons calling us irredeemable deplorables, and I realize they are not worth my attention.
            I'm still waiting for them to tell who it would have been morally acceptable to vote for in 2016.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Trump is the one who said it (I could shoot someone and I wouldn't lose voters), and it was a person on this website that said "It depends on who he shoots" in terms of whether they would follow him if he actually shot someone.

It is sad that people would be able to joke about that, especially given the fact Trump has purposefully used that aspect of who his followers are to attack people critical of him. Up to and including a college freshman that rubbed him the wrong way.

Maybe you all think its just some sort of joke that followers of Trump issued death threats to that young lady? It's just ridiculous how cavalier you all are. Human lives hang in the balance and it's all just a joke.

Sick (To quote your favorite narcissist)

Jim
              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Trump is the one who said it (I could shoot someone and I wouldn't lose voters), and it was a person on this website that said "It depends on who he shoots" in terms of whether they would follow him if he actually shot someone.

It is sad that people would be able to joke about that, especially given the fact Trump has purposefully used that aspect of who his followers are to attack people critical of him. Up to and including a college freshman that rubbed him the wrong way.

Maybe you all think its just some sort of joke that followers of Trump issued death threats to that young lady? It's just ridiculous how cavalier you all are. Human lives hang in the balance and it's all just a joke.

Sick (To quote your favorite narcissist)

Jim
                You're not exactly helping your case here. I've long since given up on attempting to discuss anything Trump-related with you. What's truly sick is your determined attempt to see anything about him or anyone who dares to defend him against the most patently baseless accusations in the worst possible light. As I intimated in my last post and have reiterated frequently, I view Trump as the least worst option. Offer me a sane alternative, and I'll jump at it. What you're doing is.... not helping. I truly wish I could make you see that, but it is what it is.
                Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                sigpic
                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Offer me a sane alternative, and I'll jump at it.
                  This needs clarification: a sane alternative who actually has a chance of beating the Democrats.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    This needs clarification: a sane alternative who actually has a chance of beating the Democrats.
                    Assuming one exists, I would seriously consider voting for him/her. The Democrat platform of late admittedly makes that difficult.

sigpic

Comment

Assuming one exists, I would seriously consider voting for him/her. The Democrat platform of late admittedly makes that difficult.
                      It's hard to win with a "nice guy" campaign when the opposing party uses every dirty trick in the book. The question is, at what are we just fighting evil with evil and we should accept that the country is lost?

Comment

You're not exactly helping your case here. I've long since given up on attempting to discuss anything Trump-related with you. What's truly sick is your determined attempt to see anything about him or anyone who dares to defend him against the most patently baseless accusations in the worst possible light. As I intimated in my last post and have reiterated frequently, I view Trump as the least worst option. Offer me a sane alternative, and I'll jump at it. What you're doing is.... not helping. I truly wish I could make you see that, but it is what it is.
                        You need to look in the mirror. You and most others here do not discuss any points with me without first attacking me personally. I rarely am able to focus on what the arguments are for or against any position because as soon as i nention something I think is wrong with Dohald Trump, every post that follows contains at least one comment about what that person thinks is wrong with me. Not one of you has a clue how to discuss any point I make about Donald trump without first making at least one but often multiple derogatory comments about me.

This is the cycle.

I point out a problem i see with trump to one person in one post.

At least two of you attack me personally with some non zero probability youll add something productive in the mix.

Then, if I ignore your personal attacks and just respond to whatever content was there, you just continue to add more personal attacks.

If i respond in kind, you then wonder off with yet more personal attacks, and add that I am too unreasonable to have a conversation with.

It is virtually impossible for me to have any reasoned conversation with any of you. You simply will not allow it.

I dare one of you to go three posts with me without insulting me. If you do, youll see nothing derogatory against you personally will be in any of my responses.

Jim
                        Last edited by oxmixmudd; 06-03-2019, 10:08 PM.

Comment

Trump is the one who said it (I could shoot someone and I wouldn't lose voters), and it was a person on this website that said "It depends on who he shoots" in terms of whether they would follow him if he actually shot someone. ...
                          I think I'm the one who said that, and if not, I wish I had.

Thanks for reminding me that I neglected to add "humorless turd" to the "evan-jerk-ical" line.
                          Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Comment

At this point, I'm honestly not sure I would vote for a credible Trump alternative even if one existed, only because I believe Trump has been treated unjustly, and that pushes me to stand with him even more.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                              At this point, I'm honestly not sure I would vote for a credible Trump alternative even if one existed, only because I believe Trump has been treated unjustly, and that pushes me to stand with him even more.
                              I once made the comment that Trump could not possibly be a good president, because no-one had tried to kill him. That was, of course, before all the character assassination attempts became apparent (they were probably apparent earlier, but not this side of the world). I now consider that my focus was too narrowly concentrated on physical attacks.
                              1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                              ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                              Scripture before Tradition:
                              but that won't prevent others from
                              taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                              of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                                What other explanation could there be? I would even go further and say that if it allows you to conclude "Orange man bad!" then no other explanation is needed.

Perhaps his biggest failing is that he is easily led astray, by the bad people that he surrounds himself with, and who work their evil schemes while Trump is thinking about his next golf outing, or his next tweet. His most spectacular incongruity is the mismatch between his self-opinion and his ability.

Mueller is retired to private life, so no more “dirty cop” please.
                                Last edited by firstfloor; 06-04-2019, 02:30 AM.
                                “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                                “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                                “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment