Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Mueller Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
    The intent was there, was obvious. Read the report dummie and stop defending the criminal underminer of democracy. Btw, Trump basically admitted to his guilt when Sessions told him that a special prosecuter was appointed. His response was "Oh my god, this is terrible, my presidency is over, I'm f....ed. That's what you call consciousness of guilt.
    What was he guilty of at that point Jim? Certainly not collusion. Perhaps he just knew that Special Prosecutors can ruin a presidency in other ways.
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by Charles View Post
      I am not too certain that there will not be any further digging into the details of some of the more complicated stuff Mueller points to.
      By whom? The Special Counsel Report has been filed, and the investigation portion is over.

I agree. I am not certain that is the only thing going on here though.
      And that's the rub, isn't it? There is nothing concrete to indict for obstruction - only innuendo and uncharitable applications of statements made in anger.

Some have pointed to the idea that this is up for the voters to decide the next time they vote. I like that idea. I am, however, a little afraid that people are stuck in their own positions, thinking in "us and them" to an extent that it wont have an effect on too many people.
      It's been like that here since Clinton took office.
      That's what
      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Mueller didn't indict because in his opinion you can't indict a sitting President. That's why he left it up to Congress and there is plenty of evidence to prove, as far as I'm concerned, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that the President is guilty of obstruction and that ties right in to the collusion aspect. The President is a scoundrel who thought he was above the law, and the only reason he has any chance of surviving this is because the many advisers that he ordered to commit obstruction refused to do so.
        Name ONE instance, Jimmy, that he didn't have the legal authority to order.
        That's what
        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
          And that's the rub, isn't it? There is nothing concrete to indict for obstruction - only innuendo and uncharitable applications of statements made in anger.
          How do you know?
          "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

How do you know?
            Because if there were, Mueller would have recommended to indict.
            That's what
            - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuckles View Post
              That is luckily also how things work over here, Sparko, and that is how it should be in the legal system. However, that does not change what the report clearly says. It says: "Fourth, if we had confidence after a thorough investigation of the facts that the President clearly did not commit obstruction of justice, we would state so. Based on the facts and applicable legal standards, however, we are unable to reach that judgment."
              This statement could just as easily be worded as:

"If we had confidence after a thorough investigation of the facts that the President clearly did not commit obstruction of justice, we would state so. Based on the facts and applicable legal standards, however, we are unable to reach that judgment."

Both statements say the exact same thing.
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                You enjoy watching people in disarray do you reverend?
                When they are acting like the enemy, I do, Drama Queen.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                  Your jibe indicates you are under the mistaken impression that "reverends" claim to be super-Christians.
                  I'm not even a "reverend". The Drama Queen is ignorant.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                    ...there is plenty of evidence to prove, as far as I'm concerned, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that the President is guilty of obstruction...
                    Nothing more than the actions of an innocent man wrongfully accused of a crime he didn't commit.

Really, if the evidence was as conclusive and damning as you claim then why did Mueller effectively say he had insufficient evidence to recommend indictment? For that matter, he could have, in good conscience, pulled a Comey and said that no reasonable prosecutor would press charges.
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Do you disagree with my so called talking points?
                      LiberalTalkingPointsForDummies?

Comment

You don't provide many sources for the statements you make.
                        Oh?

Bryon York, who did some quick analysis on the spending done in Battleground states.

Senate Intelligence Committee chairman Richard Burr, who gave specific amounts spent.

Colin Stretch, Facebook's general counsel, who noted that the ads equaled about 0.004% of the contents in News Feed, and that a decided majority of those who actually saw the ads only saw them after the election and that 25% of the ads were never seen by anyone before or after the election.

And in the next post I added

Facebook ads vice-president Rob Goldman who stated "I can say very definitively that swaying the election was *NOT* the main goal. The majority of the Russian ad spend happened AFTER the election"[1]

Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, who has been awfully hostile toward Trump[2], declaring that there is absolutely no evidence that a single vote was changed nor was the election outcome affected by Russia's meddling

FBI director Christopher Wray who said that the Russians "[tried] to destabilize the integrity of our system by usually backing losers and getting the losers all upset claiming something went awry, and that promotes disharmony and distrust of the election system." And as I noted, succeeded beyond what they thought possible in their wildest dreams thanks to the left.

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                        Again let's just look at what the report says:
                        And at least according to Mueller's first indictment of 13 Russians (the one that blew up in his face when they showed up), they were "engaged in operations primarily intended to communicate derogatory information about Hillary Clinton" but not only to the benefit of Trump because they were also trying "to support Bernie Sanders."

They never thought Trump would win so helping him was never their goal. They wanted to cause trouble for what they thought was the inevitable Hillary Clinton Administration. As Facebook ads vice-president Rob Goldman noted "swaying the election was *NOT* the main goal" but rather "the main goal of the Russian propaganda and misinformation effort is to divide America by using our institutions, like free speech and social media, against us." This was confirmed by Christopher Wray when he said that the Russians "try to destabilize the integrity of our system by usually backing losers and getting the losers all upset claiming something went awry, and that promotes disharmony and distrust of the election system."

And again, thanks to the Democrats they succeeded beyond their wildest expectations.

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                        And this is only focusing on social media platform. They did far more than that.
                        Such as? Were they running radio and TV commercials? No. Were they bribing prominent media figures to be their mouthpieces and read from scripts provided from them? Again, no. The focus was on what they did via social media because essentially that was the basket they put all of their eggs in.

So what we have is
                        • a minuscule amount was spent.
                        • the ads equaled about 0.004% of the contents in News Feed
                        • a decided majority of those who actually saw the ads only saw them after the election.
                        • 25% of the ads were never seen by anyone before or after the election.
                        • and Facebook said "the vast majority [of them] didn't specifically reference the U.S. presidential election, voting or a particular candidate."
                        • the goal of the ads weren't to sway the election but to stir up trouble for the Hilary Administration after she was elected
                        • according to Rosenstein there's no evidence they even influenced a single vote

Fail better next time Faker Chuck. Or maybe you really should just

1. Please note that the portion of the Mueller Report you picked to quote even said that the "total the IRA-controlled accounts made over 80,000 posts before their deactivation in August 2017" That would be 21 months after the election. Tell me Faker Chuck, just how many votes were influenced during the 21 months AFTER the election?

2. He tried to get Trump staffers to secretly wear wires so as to gather evidence to impeach Trump and who after recommending the firing of James Comey then used his firing as a pretext to name a special prosecutor to investigate Trump
                        Last edited by rogue06; 04-19-2019, 10:43 AM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                          LiberalTalkingPointsForDummies?
                          As I suspected, your waiting for the facts was, and is, a line of bs.

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
                            What was he guilty of at that point Jim? Certainly not collusion. Perhaps he just knew that Special Prosecutors can ruin a presidency in other ways.
                            Pretty much what he said.

“The president returned to the consequences of the appointment and said, ‘Everyone tells me if you get one of these independent counsels it ruins your presidency. It takes years and years and I won’t be able to do anything. This is the worse [sic] thing that ever happened to me.’”

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

You never fail to disappoint, Jim.
                              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                              sigpic
                              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

What have I said, JimmyPoo, that indicates I have come to a conclusion on anything without "the facts"? You're calling me a liar without substantiation.

Comment