Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Mueller Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Source: 15 Ways the Mueller Report Proves Trump Did Not Obstruct Justice

Strictly for partisan and political purposes, and as a deliberate way to politically damage Trump, Mueller and his gang of partisan investigators laid out a media-friendly listicle of ten items they believe could-possibly-maybe-perhaps-kinda be construed as Trump obstructing justice.

But the sheer volume of examples exonerates Trump because no prosecutor would fail to file or fail to recommend the filing of charges with ten pieces of evidence. Mueller admits he could not prosecute an obstruction case in court, which means he knows he has no case, which means Trump is innocent.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...truct-justice/

© Copyright Original Source

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
      As I pointed out to seer, since Mueller believed that he could not indict, many disagree with that assessment, then he also believed that he could not charge, since the accused would not be able to defend himself. He left it to Congress and to Congress it will go, regardless of his unelected toadie, Atty Gen Barr's lie, that there was absolutely no evidence of collusion or obstruction. That was a flat out lie, and the report itself establishes that fact.
      Whether or not Mueller believed he could indict is irrelevant because he could have still recommended it, or said plainly that the president was guilty of obstruction of justice without addressing the question of indictment, but he didn't. Instead, he openly admitted that "this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime" with regards to obstruction.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        Whether or not Mueller believed he could indict is irrelevant because he could have still recommended it, or said plainly that the president was guilty of obstruction of justice without addressing the question of indictment, but he didn't. Instead, he openly admitted that "this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime" with regards to obstruction.
        You’re making the same mistake that seer made; second guessing Mueller. There’s no need to interpret anything because he has been very precise.
        “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
        “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
        “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

• Originally posted by dirtfloor View Post
          You’re making the same mistake that seer made; second guessing Mueller. There’s no need to interpret anything because he has been very precise.
          I'm not second guessing anything. I'm simply stating what Mueller did and didn't do. And what he didn't do was charge Trump with a crime, or recommend that Trump be charged with crime, nor did he plainly say that Trump was guilty of committing a crime. What he did do is say that "this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime".

Comment

I'm not second guessing anything. I'm simply stating what Mueller did and didn't do. And what he didn't do was charge Trump with a crime, or recommend that Trump be charged with crime, nor did he plainly say that Trump was guilty of committing a crime. What he did do is say that "this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime".
            He also said that if he had concluded that Trump had not committed obstruction, he would have said so. The result is that Trump might still be indicted after he leaves office, or before that if congress decides to impeach. I don’t think they will.
            “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
            “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              And you have the Washington Post correspondent Philip Bump now bizarrely proclaiming in a Tweet that...
              Yeah, I saw another talking head proudly boasting that the Mueller report vindicated their "good reporting" on the matter.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                As I pointed out to seer, since Mueller believed that he could not indict, many disagree with that assessment, then he also believed that he could not charge, since the accused would not be able to defend himself. He left it to Congress and to Congress it will go, regardless of his unelected toadie, Atty Gen Barr's lie, that there was absolutely no evidence of collusion or obstruction. That was a flat out lie, and the report itself establishes that fact.
                Does anybody remember Jimmy disparaging other Attorneys General, like Loretta Lynch or Eric Holder as political hacks or "unelected toadies"?
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  Does anybody remember Jimmy disparaging other Attorneys General, like Loretta Lynch or Eric Holder as political hacks or "unelected toadies"?

Imagine the reaction if Trump had described William Barr as his "wingman."

Imagine the reaction if Donald Jr. or Jared Kushner had a secret meeting with Barr on the tarmac of an airport in which the Secret Service detail was told to step outside while they talked supposedly only about golf and grandkids.

Yeah, little jimmy is just another left wing hypocrite

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by dirtfloor View Post
                    He also said that if he had concluded that Trump had not committed obstruction, he would have said so.
                    Proving a negative would have been quite a trick.

Comment

Proving a negative would have been quite a trick.
                      The point is that the evidence of obstruction is very strong. It appears that Trump was saved by the doctrine that a sitting President cannot be indicted.

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                        The point is that the evidence of obstruction is very strong. It appears that Trump was saved by the doctrine that a sitting President cannot be indicted.
                        It would be more like evidence of ATTEMPTED obstruction - where he was accused, but not found guilty, of a totally different offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]36496[/ATTACH]

Imagine the reaction if Trump had described William Barr as his "wingman."

Imagine the reaction if Donald Jr. or Jared Kushner had a secret meeting with Barr on the tarmac of an airport in which the Secret Service detail was told to step outside while they talked supposedly only about golf and grandkids.

Yeah, little jimmy is just another left wing hypocrite

Eric Holder: 'I'm still the president's wingman'

Attorney General Eric Holder brushed off a question Thursday about when he might leave the administration. Instead, the top lawman professed his allegiance to President Barack Obama.

"I’m still enjoying what I’m doing, there’s still work to be done. I’m still the President’s wing-man, so I’m there with my boy. So we’ll see," Holder said in an interview on the Tom Joyner radio show.

JimL is now having a heart attack.

Comment

Eric Holder: 'I'm still the president's wingman'

Attorney General Eric Holder brushed off a question Thursday about when he might leave the administration. Instead, the top lawman professed his allegiance to President Barack Obama.

"I’m still enjoying what I’m doing, there’s still work to be done. I’m still the President’s wing-man, so I’m there with my boy. So we’ll see," Holder said in an interview on the Tom Joyner radio show.

JimL is now having a heart attack.
                            And Lynch....

June 27, 2016 - Lynch and former President Clinton have a private meeting on an airport tarmac in Phoenix. Clinton boards Lynch's plane and the two talk for half an hour. The encounter raises eyebrows because the FBI is investigating Hillary Clinton for her use of a private email server to store government documents during her tenure as secretary of state. Although Lynch denies discussing anything substantive with the former president, she later says that she regrets the encounter. She adds that she will accept whatever recommendations the FBI makes once the agency concludes its Clinton probe. Some Republican lawmakers suggest that Lynch should recuse herself from the investigation.

Talk about COLLUSION!!!! Jimmy is absolutely LIVID!!!!

Comment

It would be more like evidence of ATTEMPTED obstruction - where he was accused, but not found guilty, of a totally different offense.
                              This from Politico;
                              Though Mueller determined there was no “collusion” between the Trump campaign and the Russian government, he makes clear that proving obstruction does not require the existence of such an underlying crime. There are many reasons, including fear of personal embarrassment, to explain why the president might have tried to impede the special counsel’s investigation. “The injury to the integrity of the justice system is the same regardless of whether a person committed an underlying wrong,” Mueller wrote. Moreover, Mueller’s team “found multiple acts by the President that were capable of exerting undue influence over law enforcement investigations.”
                              https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...r-trump-226664

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                                The point is that the evidence of obstruction is very strong.
                                I suppose that's why Mueller said, "This report does not conclude that the President committed a crime."

Comment