Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Mueller Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm fine with the House voting to impeach Trump.

It will be funny watching the Senate discuss the matter for fifteen minutes before overwhelmingly failing to convict.
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
      First of all the word is were not where. Dummie!
      This from the dumbass who a few pages later can't tell "accept" from "except."
      Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
        It wasnt a revelation of bond style intrigue with the russians no. But neither was it the nothing done wrong vindication of Trump most of you in this thread are trying to portray it as either.

And when you can admit there are a good many devestating things in there, it will be possible to have an honest conversation about what it is and what it is not.

The conversation so far is about something, but it isnt the actual implications of the mueller report. At least not yet anyway.

Jim
        So far, the "devastating" stuff I've seen shows that Trump is a fulminating impulsive jerk who, having no prior experience as a lawyer or politician, has trouble with the fact that the CEO of the government can't function analogously to the CEO of a private company.

I expected that when I voted for him. I'll vote for him again in 2020, and praise Jesus while I'm doing it.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
          So far, the "devastating" stuff I've seen shows that Trump is a fulminating impulsive jerk who, having no prior experience as a lawyer or politician, has trouble with the fact that the CEO of the government can't function analogously to the CEO of a private company.

I expected that when I voted for him. I'll vote for him again in 2020, and praise Jesus while I'm doing it.
          Jesus told me to tell you to vote for the Democratic candidate. That’s Holy election interference.
          “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
          “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
          “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

As I've said before, I really think that after Trump won, he expected the parties to fall in line and say, "What now, boss?" and he's been trying to come to grips with politicians who work for their own personal interests rather than doing what's best for their voters and the country.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
              Jesus told me to tell you to vote for the Democratic candidate. That’s Holy election interference.
              Obviously, you've been trolled by the evil one.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                There is definitely collusion and obstruction there, and though, in so far as I can tell, he says he has not been able to establish conspiracy.
                So what you have read, you haven't comprehended, because you missed the fact that no crimes were committed by the President or his associates, and this is exactly what Mueller says in his report.

I mean, for two-years, you have been vigorously beating the drum of Russian collusion, but it turns out that NOBODY, not a single person in the whole of the United States, was charged with "colluding" with the Russian government. Not Trump, not his inner circle, not his outer circle, heck, not even people who were named as justifying the need for an investigation in the first place! And Mueller flat out admitted that he couldn't make a case for obstruction, bluntly stating that he could not conclude that the president committed any crimes.

A nothing-burger with a side of nothing is what you're chewing on.

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                  Wait, Jesus is not an American! Collusion with a foreign government!
                  Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    So what you have read, you haven't comprehended, because you missed the fact that no crimes were committed by the President or his associates, and this is exactly what Mueller says in his report.

I mean, for two-years, you have been vigorously beating the drum of Russian collusion, but it turns out that NOBODY, not a single person in the whole of the United States, was charged with "colluding" with the Russian government. Not Trump, not his inner circle, not his outer circle, heck, not even people who were named as justifying the need for an investigation in the first place! And Mueller flat out admitted that he couldn't make a case for obstruction, bluntly stating that he could not conclude that the president committed any crimes.

The crimes are easy to see but Mueller claims that they are not proved beyond a reasonable doubt. I am not sure why he has applied such a high standard. Trumps troubles are not over yet.

BTW, a criminal is still a criminal even if he is not indicted.
                    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                    “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      Perhaps you can explain that to Jimmy.
                      I can read CP, I don't need talking points. There was conspiracy, just not to the level that it could be proven beyond a reasonable doubt. And Mueller made it clear that this evidence should go to Congress and that they should do thier constitutional duty and hold the president accountable. You don't need Mueller to explain to you that meeting with Russian operatives and feeding them polling data and geographical targeting data is conspiracy, or that secretly meeting with Russian operatives looking for dirt on Hillary and then dictating a cover-up letter is conspiracy. Trump was also complicit in the russian hacking operation actually openly asking them to do it. That you can know of all of this and much more, not to mention all of his financial criminal activity, and still defend him as your president, says as much about you as it does about him.
                      Last edited by JimL; 04-21-2019, 11:10 AM.

Comment

I'm fine with the House voting to impeach Trump.

It will be funny watching the Senate discuss the matter for fifteen minutes before overwhelmingly failing to convict.
                        Good, then the american people will recognise the republican party for the cowards, or unpatriotic scoundrels, that they are.

Comment

Keep making up those excuses for the law breaker. I'll bet you'd support him if he shot someone dead on 5th ave in broad daylight as well.
                          So, you expected that he would knowingly break the law, obstruct justice and betray the country and voted for him anyway. Typical unethical tweb republican!

Comment

As I've said before, I really think that after Trump won, he expected the parties to fall in line and say, "What now, boss?" and he's been trying to come to grips with politicians who work for their own personal interests rather than doing what's best for their voters and the country.
                            You're right MM, he expected everyone to fall in line like a good dictator does. You like that!

Comment

Sorry to say MM, but you are an idiot if you actually read any of the report and that's what you came away with. The Special council made it explicit that Congress should take up the matter, examine the evidence, and hold the President accountable. No one is above the law.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                                Sorry to say MM, but you are an idiot if you actually read any of the report and that's what you came away with. The Special council made it explicit that Congress should take up the matter, examine the evidence, and hold the President accountable. No one is above the law.
                                Like I said, Mueller's motives were transparently political, because he knew he didn't have a criminal case.

However, the lack of evidence proving a crime will be a problem for the Democrats as well since an attempt at impeachment could very easily backfire if it becomes clear just how weak of a case they actually have. Indeed, the Democrat party is divided on the issue. This is why some commentators suspect that the Democrats will not hold impeachment hearings and will instead try to make their case directly to voters

Comment