Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Mueller Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I do hope JimL and Tass read the Times article in it's entirety before they start coming in here to try and crow about it.

in the center they finaly get around to mentioning that the special counsel letter emphazied that Barr was not inaccurate or misleading.

“The special counsel emphasized that nothing in the attorney general’s March 24 letter was inaccurate or misleading,” a Justice Department spokeswoman, Kerri Kupec, said in response to a request for comment made on Tuesday afternoon. A spokesman for the special counsel’s office declined to comment. Cite

Comment

• A couple of highlights:

Feinstein: "You still have a situation where a president essentially tries to change the lawyer's account in order to prevent further criticism of himself."
      Barr: "Well, that's not a crime."
      Feinstein: [Stares in silence for several seconds while gesturing with her hand]

Sheldon Whitehouse: (Referring to Mueller's letter) "When you talk about the executive summaries that Mueller provided you, they are the documents, the enclosed documents with that letter that we have not been provided."
      Barr: "I think they were."
      Whitehouse: [Several seconds of silence] "The... uh..."
      Barr: "You have been provided them. They're in the report."
      Whitehouse: [Stares in silence]
      Barr: "They're the summaries in the report."

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        A couple of highlights:

Feinstein: "You still have a situation where a president essentially tries to change the lawyer's account in order to prevent further criticism of himself."
        Barr: "Well, that's not a crime."
        Feinstein: [Stares in silence for several seconds while gesturing with her hand]

Sheldon Whitehouse: (Referring to Mueller's letter) "When you talk about the executive summaries that Mueller provided you, they are the documents, the enclosed documents with that letter that we have not been provided."
        Barr: "I think they were."
        Whitehouse: [Several seconds of silence] "The... uh..."
        Barr: "You have been provided them. They're in the report."
        Whitehouse: [Stares in silence]
        Barr: "They're the summaries in the report."

and these are the people who MAKE our laws.

They make our laws but don't understand the law.

Comment

• Barr: "If the President is falsely accused, which the evidence now suggests that the accusations against him were false, and he knew they were false, and he felt this investigation was unfair, propelled by his political opponents, and was hampering his ability to govern, that is not a corrupt motive for replacing an independent counsel."

BAM!

Comment

• Question to Tass, JimL, oxmixmudd, and the other liberals in this forum:

Why are all the Dems relying on the press to ask their questions and not on the report itself?

An example: I have heard the Dems ask several times "Why isn't asking to have Mueller Fired, Obstruction of Justice?" The word Fired comes from the Press not the report. The report said that Trump ask to have Mueller removed because of Conflict of Interest", which is not Obstruction of Justice because if that happens Mueller would be replaced and the investigation would go on.

If the Libs can't answer this they need to drop the Obstruction of Justice claim.
            "Any sufficiently advanced technology, is indistinguishable from Magic!"
            -- Arthur C. Clark

Comment

• Originally posted by The Pendragon View Post
              Question to Tass, JimL, oxmixmudd, and the other liberals in this forum:

Why are all the Dems relying on the press to ask their questions and not on the report itself?

An example: I have heard the Dems ask several times "Why isn't asking to have Mueller Fired, Obstruction of Justice?" The word Fired comes from the Press not the report. The report said that Trump ask to have Mueller removed because of Conflict of Interest", which is not Obstruction of Justice because if that happens Mueller would be replaced and the investigation would go on.

If the Libs can't answer this they need to drop the Obstruction of Justice claim.
              I don't think any of the congress has even read the report themselves. I think they handed it off to some grunts and told them "find me something"

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                I don't think any of the congress has even read the report themselves. I think they handed it off to some grunts and told them "find me something"
                Well I've heard from Sparko. How about hearing from the Libs?
                "Any sufficiently advanced technology, is indistinguishable from Magic!"
                -- Arthur C. Clark

Comment

• Originally posted by The Pendragon View Post
                  Well I've heard from Sparko. How about hearing from the Libs?
                  They'll be in tomorrow once their "masters" have decided on the narrative and talking-points.

Comment

• Am reading that Barr testified that Mueller wouldn't explain why he refused to reach a prosecutorial decision about obstruction despite Barr asking him about it on three separate occasions, and despite the fact that DOJ regulations require that the special counsel "provide the Attorney General with a confidential report explaining the prosecution or declination decisions reached by the Special Counsel."

Comment

• Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd

Comment

• Barr won't testify before House panel Thursday

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...ocrats-1296377
                        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
                          Barr won't testify before House panel Thursday

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...ocrats-1296377
                          Only because Chairman Nadler turned the hearing into a circus today and shoved through rules over the vocal objections of Republicans that would block committee representatives from asking questions and would instead have staff appointed by Democrats conduct the questioning.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...ring-tomorrow/

I think Democrats are forgetting that Barr is not on trial but is only there to answer questions about an investigation that was concluded weeks ago.

Comment

Only because Chairman Nadler turned the hearing into a circus today and shoved through rules over the vocal objections of Republicans that would block committee representatives from asking questions and would instead have staff appointed by Democrats conduct the questioning.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...ring-tomorrow/

I think Democrats are forgetting that Barr is not on trial but is only there to answer questions about an investigation that was concluded weeks ago.
                            Next, they'll be bringing in the

comfy chair.jpg
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• AFAICT, the libs are honked off at Trump because he attempted to obstruct INjustice.
                              Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

And yet when Barr phoned Mueller to address his concerns, "the Special Counsel emphasized that nothing in the Attorney General’s March 24 letter was inaccurate or misleading."
                                Nevertheless Mueller, always the sole of propriety, twice asked Attorney General William Barr to release Mueller's own summary of the findings from his final report on Russian election interference. Because, he was concerned that Barr's four-page summary of his findings "did not fully capture the context, nature and substance of this Office’s work and conclusions."

https://thehill.com/policy/national-...s-key-findings

And yet Barr refused to comply.
                                “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment