Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Mueller Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    In a time when people regularly grab guns and shoot up kids in schools and McDonalds,
    Jim, this is very similar to the argument that "airplanes are regularly crashing all the time and killing thousands of people".
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• no urgency.jpg
      https://twitter.com/TheLastRefuge2/s...277312/photo/1
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        Regularly? You're buying into the liberal gun-grabber spin. Despite the amount of coverage they receive in the news, mass shootings are extremely rare. Statistically speaking, the average American is vastly more likely to die by suicide than in a mass shooting.

https://www.vox.com/2015/10/1/180005...shootings-rare
        Not rare enough, and far less rare than they used to be.

Jim
        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• One of the biggest causes AND symptoms of TDS is constipated humorlessness.
          Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Another Turley article.
            Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
              So far, the "devastating" stuff I've seen shows that Trump is a fulminating impulsive jerk who, having no prior experience as a lawyer or politician, has trouble with the fact that the CEO of the government can't function analogously to the CEO of a private company.
              That was why, after saving Chrysler from financial ruin in the 1980s and being urged to run for president, Lee Iacocca refused.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                That too.

Of more immediate concern, Mueller’s report details “multiple contacts” between the Trump campaign and Russian government officials, and sets out 10 “episodes” in which Donald Trump possibly obstructed justice..
                But since nothing was actually done there was no obstruction which is why in his report Mueller clearly stated that Trump never interfered with his investigation.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                  That's because, dumbass that you are you restate the cherry picked bs coming from right wing bser's. Schiff makes clear that the only reason he would consider not begin impeachment hearings is because of the cowardly unpatriotic majority republican Senate, not because he's got cold feet with regard to Trumps guilt. He also implies that they will begin the proceedings even if republicans won't vote their countries best interests. I agree, they will, if they choose to let the president get away with it after the public hearings, then they will pay at the polls next year, just like they did in the midterms.
                  Schiff also continues to claim that he's sitting on a mountain load of evidence proving that Trump colluded with the Russians, yet for some strange reason he didn't give it to Mueller or even now will say what it is. Could it be that Schiff is a shiftless liar who is full of... um, poop?

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    But since nothing was actually done there was no obstruction which is why in his report Mueller clearly stated that Trump never interfered with his investigation.
                    No. What is clearly stated is that Mueller was unable to clear Trump of obstruction of justice. The Report is quite damning. It establishes, among other things, a clear pattern of repeated connections between the Trump campaign and Russia. It also outlines 10 potential instances of obstruction of justice that suggest, at the very least, that President Trump actively sought to undermine Mueller’s investigation.
                    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                      Not rare enough, and far less rare than they used to be.
                      I'm not sure where you're getting your statistics, but mass shootings (that is any shooting where four or more people are killed) have been at the same level for decades. Statistically, it's a flat line from 1970s to today.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
                        What is clearly stated is that Mueller was unable to clear Trump of obstruction of justice.
                        Not how our justice system works, kiddo. Prosecutors don't exonerate for the very simple reason that a man is innocent in the eyes of the law unless there is evidence to prove his guilt. To put it another way, an innocent man doesn't need to be exonerated.

Comment

I'm not sure where you're getting your statistics, but mass shootings (that is any shooting where four or more people are killed) have been at the same level for decades. Statistically, it's a flat line from 1970s to today.

It depends on the definition used. But as I've shown in various gun control threads no matter the definition mass shootings were far more prevalent back during the first half of the 20th cent than they are today.

Comment

• Pelosi says she has no immediate plans for impeachment:

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...ueller-report/

It makes sense, if you think about it. The Democrats don't want to expose the nothing-burger for what it really is because they desperately want it to be a 2020 campaign issue, and the best to achieve that is to drag their feet.

Comment

Pelosi says she has no immediate plans for impeachment:

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...ueller-report/

It makes sense, if you think about it. The Democrats don't want to expose the nothing-burger for what it really is because they desperately want it to be a 2020 campaign issue, and the best to achieve that is to drag their feet.
                              The feeble excuse that the Republicans in the Senate won't go along with it is an obvious ruse. If they had the goods on Trump why wouldn't they want to force the Republicans in the Senate to defend him and thereby greatly increase their chances of seizing control of the Senate in 2020?

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                                The feeble excuse that the Republicans in the Senate won't go along with it is an obvious ruse. If they had the goods on Trump why wouldn't they want to force the Republicans in the Senate to defend him and thereby greatly increase their chances of seizing control of the Senate in 2020?
                                Exactly. I doubt they want to give Senate Republicans the opportunity to show that the evidence and law don't support a charge of obstruction. They would much rather take the case to their low-info constituents and not Congress.

Comment