Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Mueller Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
    Starr named crimes Clinton committed. What listed crimes did Trump commit?
    He investigated, and left the evidence for congress to decide. Did any of you actually listen to the Mueller press conference. It seems not!

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
      Doll face, you've been ranting about it for 2 years.
      Well, I suppose a drama queen would see my statements as rants.

I said possible treason, which, yes, I realize is not treason in the legal sense,
      Ah, the back peddle begins!!!!

but conspiring with a foriegn adversary is treason in my book. And obstruction, for which there is plenty of evidence, points to conspiracy.
      In your book? You mean this one?

everyone poops.jpeg
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Interesting how you still want to rant about candidate Hillary's emails, but don't concern yourself with the possible treason and obstruction by the President of the U.S.
        Mishandling classified material is a crime. The government expects 18 year old kids to understand that you don’t send classified e mails through unsecured channels. You would think someone that held one of the highest public offices, that put her number 4 in the presidential line of succession, would understand something so basic. The fact you ignore that little detail and continue to harp on crimes that haven’t been shown Trump ever committed shows how much of a hack you are. If her name had not been Clinton and she was just some low level government employee that did the same, she’d be rotting in jail right now.
        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

He investigated, and left the evidence for congress to decide. Did any of you actually listen to the Mueller press conference. It seems not!
          So he couldn’t find anything and took the cowards way out and tried to pin his failure to find a crime on others. Sorry Jimmy, but we have seen this circus where the Democrats are trying to keep the corpse of collusion alive long enough to drag it to 2020.
          "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
            Mueller made it clear that he didn't indict, because it was both unconstitutional and a violation of DOJ policy.
            That's not actually what he said. First he laid out Department of Justice policy, then he went on to say that there was insufficient evidence to reach a conclusion that the President broke any laws. When you look at his words carefully, the two statements stand on their own. One statement has no connection to the other, but he worded it in such a way to allow low-information folks such as yourself to reach that conclusion anyway. The dirty cop is slippery, I'll grant him that.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Amash is putting other Republicans to shame. Well done that man.
              “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
              “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
              “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                Amash is putting other Republicans to shame. Well done that man.
                I think he's sweet on Rachel.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• For anybody who cares, HERE is a transcript of his speech.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    For anybody who cares, HERE is a transcript of his speech.
                    His point is; don’t read Trump, don’t read Barr, READ THE MUELLER REPORT, and follow Justin, the one honest Republican left.
                    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                    “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

• We have read the Mueller report, and we know the same thing now that we knew the day it was released: there's no there there.

In his statement today, Mueller said, "It would be unfair to potentially accuse somebody of a crime when there can be no court resolution of the actual charge," which is bull, and he knows it. The procedure, of course, is 1) The special counsel presents a clear case of criminal wrongdoing; 2) Congress uses that case to remove the president from office so that can be held accountable; 3) The former president is formally indicted and his case is tried in court.

Again, the legal precedent for this is Ken Starr's investigation of Bill Clinton where he unambiguously said which crimes Clinton had committed, and the evidence to support the allegations. Mueller's report, in contrast, is extraordinarily vague and wishy-washy for what's supposed to be a legal brief.

By Mueller declining to clearly spell out evidence for a crime, he is attempting to establish a scenario where a president is removed from office but never charged with a crime, which is shady business.

Comment

• Alan Dershowitz:

[Robert Mueller] went beyond the conclusion of his report and gave a political gift to Democrats in Congress who are seeking to institute impeachment proceedings against President Trump. By implying that President Trump might have committed obstruction of justice, Mueller effectively invited Democrats to institute impeachment proceedings. Obstruction of justice is a “high crime and misdemeanor” which, under the Constitution, authorizes impeachment and removal of the president.

I have now changed my mind [about Robert Mueller]. By putting his thumb, indeed his elbow, on the scale of justice in favor of impeachment based on obstruction of justice, Mueller has revealed his partisan bias. He also has distorted the critical role of a prosecutor in our justice system.

No prosecutor should ever say or do anything for the purpose of helping one party or the other. I cannot imagine a plausible reason why Mueller went beyond his report and gratuitously suggested that President Trump might be guilty, except to help Democrats in Congress and to encourage impeachment talk and action. Shame on Mueller for abusing his position of trust and for allowing himself to be used for such partisan advantage.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...g-impeachment/

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                          Alan Dershowitz:

[Robert Mueller] went beyond the conclusion of his report and gave a political gift to Democrats in Congress who are seeking to institute impeachment proceedings against President Trump. By implying that President Trump might have committed obstruction of justice, Mueller effectively invited Democrats to institute impeachment proceedings. Obstruction of justice is a “high crime and misdemeanor” which, under the Constitution, authorizes impeachment and removal of the president.

I have now changed my mind [about Robert Mueller]. By putting his thumb, indeed his elbow, on the scale of justice in favor of impeachment based on obstruction of justice, Mueller has revealed his partisan bias. He also has distorted the critical role of a prosecutor in our justice system.

No prosecutor should ever say or do anything for the purpose of helping one party or the other. I cannot imagine a plausible reason why Mueller went beyond his report and gratuitously suggested that President Trump might be guilty, except to help Democrats in Congress and to encourage impeachment talk and action. Shame on Mueller for abusing his position of trust and for allowing himself to be used for such partisan advantage.

We all knew that Dershowitz, a friend of the President, was a biased hack long ago. The above makes it perfectly clear. He knows better!

Comment

• 1) Dershowitz is no fan of Trump.
                            2) You're spouting off a genetic fallacy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              Alan Dershowitz:

It's been observed here and elsewhere that if Democrats institute impeachment proceedings, it's rather more likely to hurt than help them - which is why San Fran Nan has been trying to avoid doing so, in spite of her back benchers' vociferous support for doing just that.
                              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                              sigpic
                              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                                It's been observed here and elsewhere that if Democrats institute impeachment proceedings, it's rather more likely to hurt than help them - which is why San Fran Nan has been trying to avoid doing so, in spite of her back benchers' vociferous support for doing just that.
                                Yeah, I think Trump would LOVE impeachment proceedings to begin -- it would fire up his base.

Comment