Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Mueller Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Liberal logic:

Liberals: "If Trump was innocent then he wouldn't have tried to obstruct the investigation!"
    AG Barr: "Trump never tried to obstruct the investigation."
    Liberals: "Oh yeah? Well, well, he's still guilty!"
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      Liberal logic:

Liberals: "If Trump was innocent then he wouldn't have tried to obstruct the investigation!"
      AG Barr: "Trump never tried to obstruct the investigation."
      Liberals: "Oh yeah? Well, well, he's still guilty!"
      Yeah - right! In a pigs eye!

So the bottom line appears to be this:

"The President's efforts to influence the investigation were mostly unsuccessful, but that is largely because the persons who surrounded the President declined to carry out orders or accede to his requests," the report said."

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-ne...lic/index.html

Jim
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
        "MM's go to response is dismissal"

case in point.

There is a lot of shady stuff in there, a lot of things I don't quite understand how they could not be clear cut obstruction ... contrary to your attempt to dismiss.

No wonder they had to try to get out in front of the release of it!

Jim
        Think someone can find ‘shady stuff’ on you with a team of investigators, with the full resources of the federal government, behind them?
        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Says the unobjective Cat.
          I think you'll find that I typically wait until there is actual evidence before I comment.
          That's what
          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
          - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

"The President's efforts to influence the investigation were mostly unsuccessful, but that is largely because the persons who surrounded the President declined to carry out orders or accede to his requests," the report said."

Jim
            Actually Jim, Trump was acting just as most innocent men would in the face of a witch hunt. I would have been just as pissed.
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

So has anyone here actually read the report yet? I haven't had time to more than flip through it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                So has anyone here actually read the report yet? I haven't had time to more than flip through it.
                Not yet. Which is why I'm not posting on it yet.

I could comment on the press conference (saw all but the first couple of minutes) and some of the press coverage immediately afterwards

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmuddle View Post

I bet CNN didn't point this out, but it's significant that Mueller chose the term "influence" rather than the criminal term "obstruct". Mueller also notes that "acting corruptly" -- that is "an act done with an intent to give some advantage inconsistent with official duty and the rights of others" -- is necessary for for an obstruction charge to stick, and that "the evidence we obtained would not support potential obstruction charges".

You need to find a more reputable news source.

Anyway, Sundance called this one early this morning:

Source: The Last Refuge

The report will outline how many times terrible Trump lashed out over the past two years to his closest advisers about the damn “witchhunt”. It will outline every time he asked someone if he could do something to stop it… It will outline everything about how Trump wanted that damned ridiculous investigation to be done with… etc. etc. etc.

However, in releasing so much granular activity the one thing the Mueller team and the media will forget is…. that’s exactly the behavior of a transparently innocent man.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...ng-to-be-epic/

© Copyright Original Source

Comment

Oh, really?

Attorney General William Barr: "[T]he White House fully cooperated with the Special Counsel’s investigation, providing unfettered access to campaign and White House documents, directing senior aides to testify freely, and asserting no privilege claims. And at the same time, the President took no act that in fact deprived the Special Counsel of the documents and witnesses necessary to complete his investigation. [...] [T]he President confirmed that, in the interests of transparency and full disclosure to the American people, he would not assert privilege over the Special Counsel’s report."

You mean like that?
                    The evidence in the report is directly contradictory of that assessment, in that time after time Trump ordered staff to interfere with the investigation and they refused. So while the white house staff may have done the right thing, Donald Trump most certainly did not. And as it turns out, it would appear the only reason Trump did not get accused of obstruction was because his staff kept him from doing it by refusing his orders.

This does not translate into an 'exoneration' of the President. To the contrary, it shows that President trump thinks nothing of breaking the law, which is exactly why investigations into him will continue probably throughout his presidency.

Jim
                    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

I bet CNN didn't point this out, but it's significant that Mueller chose the term "influence" rather than the criminal term "obstruct". Mueller also notes that "acting corruptly" -- that is "an act done with an intent to give some advantage inconsistent with official duty and the rights of others" -- is necessary for for an obstruction charge to stick, and that "the evidence we obtained would not support potential obstruction charges".

You need to find a more reputable news source.

Anyway, Sundance called this one early this morning:

Source: The Last Refuge

The report will outline how many times terrible Trump lashed out over the past two years to his closest advisers about the damn “witchhunt”. It will outline every time he asked someone if he could do something to stop it… It will outline everything about how Trump wanted that damned ridiculous investigation to be done with… etc. etc. etc.

However, in releasing so much granular activity the one thing the Mueller team and the media will forget is…. that’s exactly the behavior of a transparently innocent man.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...ng-to-be-epic/

© Copyright Original Source

More and more I am convinced you live in a fantasy world MM.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        Not yet. Which is why I'm not posting on it yet.

I could comment on the press conference (saw all but the first couple of minutes) and some of the press coverage immediately afterwards
                        I'll be interested in what you have to say rogue when you get there.

Jim

Comment

As to Barr's 'impartiality' and commitment to be 'apolitical':

From Senate Intel committe Mark Warner

"“Even a preliminary review of the material makes it clear that the attorney general fundamentally mischaracterized the special counsel’s findings in his pre-emptive press conference this morning. In the days to come, it is essential that Congress hear directly from the special counsel regarding his investigation. The Senate Intelligence Committee continues its own investigation, and I expect to receive a full briefing, an unredacted report, and all the materials underlying the special counsel’s findings.”

Jim

Comment

More and more I am convinced you live in a fantasy world MM.
                            That was an impotent rejoinder, even from you.

Comment

As to Barr's 'impartiality' and commitment to be 'apolitical':

From Senate Intel committe Mark Warner

"“Even a preliminary review of the material makes it clear that the attorney general fundamentally mischaracterized the special counsel’s findings in his pre-emptive press conference this morning. In the days to come, it is essential that Congress hear directly from the special counsel regarding his investigation. The Senate Intelligence Committee continues its own investigation, and I expect to receive a full briefing, an unredacted report, and all the materials underlying the special counsel’s findings.”

Jim
                              We all know we can trust a politician from the opposing political party to be impartial and apolitical in his comments on whether someone is impartial and apolitical, right?

Just sayin'.
                              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                              sigpic
                              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

The evidence in the report is directly contradictory of that assessment, in that time after time Trump ordered staff to interfere with the investigation and they refused. So while the white house staff may have done the right thing, Donald Trump most certainly did not. And as it turns out, it would appear the only reason Trump did not get accused of obstruction was because his staff kept him from doing it by refusing his orders.
                                That, of course, is the interpretation being fed to you by the liberal media. Mueller himself says in the report that "In this investigation, the evidence does not establish that the President was involved in an underlying crime related to Russian election interference," so every action taken by Trump with regards to the investigation must necessarily be seen as the actions of an innocent man.

Comment