Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Mueller Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    As explained to you before, Jimmy, simply repeating the same thing over and over does not make it truerererer.

That's obviously not true, because there was no indictment. Had there been actual obstruction of justice, there would have been AT LEAST a criminal referral, not just a handoff to, pretty much, "you Democrats can take this up in impeachment hearings".

You're so cute when you're stupid.
    You guys keep basing your arguments on the fact he was not indicted. But the DOJ policy is that they cant or wont indict a sitting president. So indictment or the lack thereof proves nothing. What is critical is that mueller could not clear him. Further, he faces the clear possibility of indictment once he is no longer president, and impeachment now over what is recorded there.

Continuing to claim the lack of indictment has any bearing on what our reaction should be to the report content or the legality of trumps actions is simply wrong.

Jim
    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 04-23-2019, 11:05 AM.
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
      What is in that report is trump repeatedly trying to interfere in the investigation in ways so completely wrong that his staff knew if they cooperated they would go down when it was discovered what was done.
      That's... not what it shows at all. None of Trump's supposed attempts at obstruction would have been crimes if carried out for the simple reason that it is not a crime for a president to exercise his executive authority.

In other words, it is not a crime for a president to fire a special prosecutor, or limit the scope of an investigation, or ask him to declare that the president himself is not a subject of the investigation (which is what they repeatedly told Trump in private even though it was a lie), and so on. Which is to say that Mueller is not being entirely honest when he suggests that these things might possibly qualify as obstruction. He was making a political statement, not a legal one.

This was the whole point of the Dershowitz quote I posted earlier.

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2019...ush-precedent/
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

You guys keep basing your arguments on the fact he was not indicted.
        , that's only PART of it -- along with that, are the REASONS he was not indicted.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

You guys keep basing your arguments on the fact he was not indicted. But the DOJ policy is that they cant or wont indict acsitting president. So indictment or the lack thereof proves nothing.
          But Mueller could have still plainly said that he believed the President had committed a crime; but he said the exact opposite: "This report does not conclude that the president committed any crimes."

So...

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            But Mueller could have still plainly said that he believed the President had committed a crime; but he said the exact opposite: "This report does not conclude that the president committed any crimes."

So...
            Technically, that's not "exact opposite". "Exact opposite" from "had committed a crime" would be "had not committed a crime". But I get your point.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Technically, that's not "exact opposite". "Exact opposite" from "had committed a crime" would be "had not committed a crime". But I get your point.

Comment

Now THAT makes it truerererer, cause this is my brudder!!!!
                In my case it would be truerest

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                  (I have to appear be battling with you so Jimmy doesn't think I'm on your side! )

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    In my case it would be truerest
                    Which is close, but not quite, "truerest of all".

Comment

You guys keep basing your arguments on the fact he was not indicted. But the DOJ policy is that they cant or wont indict a sitting president. So indictment or the lack thereof proves nothing. What is critical is that mueller could not clear him. Further, he faces the clear possibility of indictment once he is no longer president, and impeachment now over what is recorded there.

Continuing to claim the lack of indictment has any bearing on what our reaction should be to the report content or the legality of trumps actions is simply wrong.

Jim
                      That would not have stopped him from recommending indictment the moment he left office but he didn't did he? Why do you think that was?

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Which is close, but not quite, "truerest of all".
                        Or "mostest truerest of all" smiley smug.gif

Comment

• Interesting...

Mueller report contains claim Russia taped Bill Clinton having phone sex with Monica Lewinsky

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...onica-lewinsky
                          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            And as explained to you and others repeatedly, wanting to, and even moving to, remove Mueller would not be obstruction since it is something that Trump could legally do. The only price he could pay for doing so would be at the ballot box in 2020.
                            No, he can not fire anyone if his intent in firing them was to obstruct the investigation, which the report makes fairly obvious that that indeed was his intent. Anyone but the president who did the same would be in prison right now.So, since Mueller according to his view of the law could not indict, it becomes the task of Congress to decide, which Mueller also makes clear in the said report.

Comment

The need to invent a fake psychological diagnoses for a reasonable reaction to the extreme that is donald trump is nothing more than a projection of the cognitive dissonance that comes from otherwise moral people forcing themselves to abandon nearly every moral principle they have in order to support him.

Jim
                              Thus confirming my point.

TDS, like its forerunner BDS, is not a "fake" diagnosis, it is a semi-satirical one created by a *real* psychiatrist (the late, lamented Charles Krauthammer), who was himself no fan of Donald Trump.
                              Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

As explained to you before, Jimmy, simply repeating the same thing over and over does not make it truerererer.
                                Right, so stop with your nonsense.

That's obviously not true, because there was no indictment.
                                How many times does that need to be explained to you before you get it. Mueller, according to his interpretation of the law, could not indict a sitting president.

Had there been actual obstruction of justice, there would have been AT LEAST a criminal referral, not just a handoff to, pretty much, "you Democrats can take this up in impeachment hearings".
                                What are you talking about? The report is a referral to Congress. If Mueller can not indict, then his investigation, the evidence thereof, is up to congress to analyze and vote upon as to whether or not the President committed an impeachable offense, which all those with half a brain can see that he did in spades.

You're so cute when you're stupid.
                                Ad hominens won't help you now CP. Your phony "I'm waiting for the facts" baloney is now exposed.

Comment