Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Mueller Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
    That's called an opinion. Not case law.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      I suppose that's why Mueller said, "This report does not conclude that the President committed a crime."
      Looks like half a sentence to me.
      “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
      “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
      “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

• Anything he says after that is irrelevant. If a prosecutor says no crime was committed then as far as the law is concerned, he doesn't get to suggest that the defendant might be guilty anyway. Only thing that matters in the eyes of the law is what can be proven in court.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Anything he says after that is irrelevant. If a prosecutor says no crime was committed then as far as the law is concerned, he doesn't get to suggest that the defendant might be guilty anyway. Only thing that matters in the eyes of the law is what can be proven in court.
          But that’s not what he said ... that no crime was committed .... was it?
          “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
          “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Comment

• Originally posted by dirtfloor View Post
            But that’s not what he said ... that no crime was committed .... was it?
            "This report does not conclude that the President committed a crime."
            -Special Counsel Robert Mueller

Comment

Anything he says after that is irrelevant. If a prosecutor says no crime was committed then as far as the law is concerned, he doesn't get to suggest that the defendant might be guilty anyway. Only thing that matters in the eyes of the law is what can be proven in court.
              Here's what a lot of these libs can't process....

A foundation of American jurisprudence is "innocent until proven guilty".
              You go into the process "innocent".
              If you are not proven guilty, what are you when you come out?

You are STILL "innocent".
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

"This report does not conclude that the President committed a crime."
                -Special Counsel Robert Mueller
                Yes, and he explained why; because he accepts the doctrine that a sitting President cannot be indicted. But, the evidence speaks for itself.

So, to paraphrase Mueller; obstruction, obstruction, obstruction, but I have to leave the consequences to others.

It seems that we don’t know yet, what the obstruction was hiding, but Mueller has not delved into Trumps finances and we might discover later that he is compromised by dirty Russkie money, etc.

Comment

No he said that the evidence (which is considerable) did not rise to the level of criminal conspiracy with regard to the Russians. What Mueller did not conclude was that Trump was exonerated of attempting to obstruct justice. Mueller DID provide several accounts that could be construed as attempted obstruction however.
                  “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by dittfloor View Post
                    Yes, and he explained why; because he accepts the doctrine that a sitting President cannot be indicted.
                    That has nothing to do with it. He could have still plainly said that the President had committed a crime, if, indeed, that's what the evidence showed (it doesn't).

Another neat trick that Mueller pulled is how he presented certain actions without context to imply that they were maybe almost but not quite examples of possible but not really obstruction. For instance, "He asked Sessions to unrecuse himself! That's sort-of obstruction!" Um... not really. It's the actions of an innocent man who wanted the investigators answerable to someone he trusted. Or "He wanted it made clear that he wasn't named as a target of the investigation and fired people when they drug their feet! That's sort-of obstruction!" Um... not really. It's the actions of an innocent man who wants to clear his name.

And so on. This is why the President didn't enforce executive privilege and suppress the report, because he wants everybody to see just how thin the supposed evidence against him really is.

Comment

• Another example: Mueller included the following Tweets from Trump as evidence of possible obstruction:

"They made up a phony collusion with the Russians story, found zero proof, so now they go for obstruction of justice on the phony story. Nice"

"You are witnessing the single greatest WITCH HUNT in American political history - led by some very bad and conflicted people!"

What Mueller DIDN'T say is that those tweets were in response to a CNN story based on information that members of Mueller's own team had leaked!

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...ot-lying-here/

Anybody who still thinks Mueller was an honest investigator doggedly pursuing the truth is either naive or willfully believing a lie. Mueller and his media allies deliberately baited Trump in order to try and manufacture an obstruction case against an innocent man, but it's every bit as phony as the Russian Collusion Delusion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                        No he said that the evidence (which is considerable) did not rise to the level of criminal conspiracy with regard to the Russians. What Mueller did not conclude was that Trump was exonerated of attempting to obstruct justice. Mueller DID provide several accounts that could be construed as attempted obstruction however.
                        But no collusion, and that's what you idiots have been going on and on about for 2 years!

Comment

That has nothing to do with it. He could have still plainly said that the President had committed a crime, if, indeed, that's what the evidence showed (it doesn't).
                          He left it to congress to decide, just as he did with the obstruction charge for which there is mountains of evidence such as Trumps attempt to have Sessions unrecuse himself and fire Mueller. Did you miss that one? Atty Gen Barr said that Trump was totally cooperative and that there was no obstruction when in fact there is mountains of solid evidence that Trump tried to interfere multiple times to end the investigation.
                          Another neat trick that Mueller pulled is how he presented certain actions without context to imply that they were maybe almost but not quite examples of possible but not really obstruction. For instance, "He asked Sessions to unrecuse himself! That's sort-of obstruction!" Um... not really. It's the actions of an innocent man who wanted the investigators answerable to someone he trusted. Or "He wanted it made clear that he wasn't named as a target of the investigation and fired people when they drug their feet! That's sort-of obstruction!" Um... not really. It's the actions of an innocent man who wants to clear his name.
                          You're a naive dope! Trump ordered Lewendowski to both tell Sessions to unrecuse himself and to fire Mueller. Lewendouski dragged his feet, tried to get someone else to do it, that someone also refused, so it never happened. That's what you call obstruction you dufus!
                          And so on. This is why the President didn't enforce executive privilege and suppress the report, because he wants everybody to see just how thin the supposed evidence against him really is.
                          Get out of the bubble once in a while MM, I doubt it, but it might help.
                          Last edited by JimL; 04-20-2019, 09:59 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                            But no collusion, and that's what you idiots have been going on and on about for 2 years!
                            The Trump tower meeting was collusion, or are you to stupid to recognize that. Manafort sharing polling data as well as geographic targeting details with a russian operative is collusion/conspiracy. Got to look at the facts there, CP!

Comment

• As Mark Levin astutely predicted two-years ago, it was never about building a criminal case against Trump. Mueller's motives were purely political.

https://www.breitbart.com/the-media/...-no-collusion/

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                                The Trump tower meeting was collusion, or are you to stupid to recognize that. Manafort sharing polling data as well as geographic targeting details with a russian operative is collusion/conspiracy. Got to look at the facts there, CP!
                                In Jimmy land, unicorns and fairies tell him it happened, so it’s true. Who needs that stinkin evidence stuff?
                                "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment